GDT: Preseason game 1: Sharks vs. Golden Knights 5pm Streamed on sharks.nhl.com

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Musty feels like he’s just like half a beat behind or something. And also a little like he’s thinking instead of reacting.

Macklin is just so good, it’s just amazing we get to watch him. He seems to be the good at everything? Like elite in every player type… great shooter, great passer, great grinder, great leader, great defensive forward. It’s like in old NHL games where I’d create myself in the game and have 90s in all the skills.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Musty feels like he’s just like half a beat behind or something. And also a little like he’s thinking instead of reacting.

Macklin is just so good, it’s just amazing we get to watch him. He seems to be the good at everything? Like elite in every player type… great shooter, great passer, great grinder, great leader, great defensive forward. It’s like in old NHL games where I’d create myself in the game and have 90s in all the skills.

He doesn't have pace today. He doesn't move his feet on breakouts, doesn't use his eyes or turn his head even for a moment to see the play ahead. One instance where it was rush into the o-zone and he could've smacked his defenders stick to create a better lane for his teammate who was carrying the puck (he eventually actually did smack his defender's stick but I thought wow Musty's brain works slower than mine and I play beer league).

I am very concerned. What is he going to learn in the OHL?

Reactions: Hodge

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I definitely agree that Musty and Dickinson haven't looked great, but I want to emphasize that they have been positioned for failure and that literally nobody outside of the guys you mentioned has even looked NHL-caliber. Sturm and Dellandrea have been just absolutely hot garbage, and Ceci is exactly the player I've said he was all-along. How can we expect Musty to look good when he's hardly even had the chance to touch the puck? How can we expect Dickinson to execute good breakouts when there's literally no one open for him to pass too. I just don't think we should be whining about a couple of teenagers when the NHL vets around them have been a steaming pile.
I don't want to make too much out of it, as it's the first time I've ever really had a reason to pay attention to him, but Dellandrea did not give me any reason to think he'd be an asset to the team this year.

Reactions: vortexy

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
He doesn't have pace today. He doesn't move his feet on breakouts, doesn't use his eyes or turn his head even for a moment to see the play ahead. One instance where it was rush into the o-zone and he could've smacked his defenders stick to create a better lane for his teammate who was carrying the puck (he eventually actually did smack his defender's stick but I thought wow Musty's brain works slower than mine and I play beer league).

I am very concerned. What is he going to learn in the OHL?
Even if he were eligible to play in the AHL I'm not sure he's ready for it. 15th best prospect in hockey according to Elite Prospects though.

Reactions: Baysick

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Good effort from the top players, I've been a long time Cagnoni believer it's great that he has shown a very nice effort over these couple of weeks. Cagnoni is him!
Celebrini came as advertised, he is just so many steps ahead.
They only lost 4-2 with an empty netter, so not gonna lose my sleep over that.

Also remember we didn't have Smith or Zetts at this game, so no worries my Sharks friends we have a lot to still see.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Even if he were eligible to play in the AHL I'm not sure he's ready for it. 15th best prospect in hockey according to Elite Prospects though.
dawsons-creek-james-van-der-beek.gif

to be honest, I have watched 2 episodes of the new season on Amazon and have been so bored out of my mind that I haven't watched the rest. Last season was decent. Hopefully this one gets better and I just have to work my way through.
I tried to read The Simarillion and just stopped. Great if you need help falling asleep at night though.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
That game was really instructive of what the experience is gonna be like this season, Celebrini continuing to be a mind blowing revelation and the team losing anyway because they're useless when he isn't on the ice

It's insane, Celebrini is like a cheat code at getting the puck through the neutral zone and no one else on the team can even start a transition for us, he's our best player already at 18 years old

Weirdly this game also made me appreciate Ferraro, seeing D men who just aren't NHL caliber at all (yet) in this setting like Cagnoni and Dickinson make him jump off the screen, he's miscast in his role but now I feel bad for being so harsh on him last season

But this game was about Macklin, we're gonna have a lot of moral victories that net 0 points in the standings based on how incredible he already is at this age, he's something really, really special

Sharksfan66

Nov 4, 2021
That was fun! Results not withstanding. Has me even more pumped for the year now.

Though I have to say (more for discussion than any real concern here), the controller disconnect goal on the empty netter was a little surprising coming from a guy with Celebrini's compete level. Think that maybe he thought it was going to be icing or something?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad