WWE: Premium Live Events (not the big 4 shows)

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
A beautiful dodge by him though. He’s great with media.

30-40 dates next year through December. He’s going full time
Yeah. He's a company guy who knows what he's supposed to do. I am curious though what the plan is. Based on what he said he's like, "if things go well It'll be a year run", but would that mean a (secondary) title or something? Maybe a tag team run with someone? Can't just have him have matches for the sake of having matches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lyra and the ladder were too close to the ropes for that spot. Though I think it looked the ropes were very "bouncy" tonight, looked like several people bounced further out than intended.
The last PLE, people were having trouble coming off them. Though, theoretically that should’ve been addressed on the following Raw. But they probably doing more spots, and more advanced, off them tonight.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's fine. They've made it clear it doesn't have to be a world title. Hell, maybe elevate NXT since it's somewhat floundering (I'm not sold on Ethan Page or Trick Williams and there's not a ton of franchise changing talent there). There's a million creative ways they could have used the briefcase. Why have a roomful of expensive writers if they can't come up with alternatives? This was just predictably redundant and not even close to as bad as what Punk did in Scotland.
Their ratings have been up all year compared to last year. The show is very much on an upward tick, despite facing some injury issues (Cora Jade, Sol Ruca earlier this year, Nikkita Lyons etc.)

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Their ratings have been up all year compared to last year. The show is very much on an upward tick, despite facing some injury issues (Cora Jade, Sol Ruca earlier this year, Nikkita Lyons etc.)
I think the ratings being up is a byproduct of the WWE product in general being hotter than it's been in a while. That doesn't mean the talent down there is stout. Trick isn't anything special, Oba is basically the same guy... there's no Bron or Ilya or a #DiY (Axiom and Fraser aren't a true tag team). I mean Shawn Spears in the title picture??

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Strange he wouldn’t just go through to Wrestlemania the following year

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
They're dragging this out to Mania triple Threat Seth vs Drew vs Punk.

SS = Seth vs Punk
BB = Drew vs Punk (Hiac)
Then they'll do Seth vs Drew.

All three in the rumble, eliminating eachother.
Giving Drew a two minute run with the title is a bit lame. I get the reasoning behind it, but this isn't how you keep Drew heel no matter how hard you push his evil intentions.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think the ratings being up is a byproduct of the WWE product in general being hotter than it's been in a while. That doesn't mean the talent down there is stout. Trick isn't anything special, Oba is basically the same guy... there's no Bron or Ilya or a #DiY (Axiom and Fraser aren't a true tag team). I mean Shawn Spears in the title picture??
Trick is over huge, he made an appearance on Smackdown and everyone was chanting "Whoop Dat Trick". And Oba Femi is nothing like Trick. That is an insult to the Nigerian warrior! "Hu!"

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Trick is over huge, he made an appearance on Smackdown and everyone was chanting "Whoop Dat Trick". And Oba Femi is nothing like Trick. That is an insult to the Nigerian warrior! "Hu!"
Both are big, strong, physical guys but their matches aren't must-see tv by any means. Trick in particular has been fortunate to have shared the ring with legit good quality guys like Melo, Ilya and, hell, even Page. He's being pushed hard because he's a homegrown talent and fortunately it's paid off.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Probably wants to help sell the lesser popular PLEs in the fall/winter. Not really gonna need him RR and beyond. Especially if and when the Rock comes back.
He said something a out January through to November? And Mania wasn't his last match, just his last Mania, which was interesting. 30 - 40 dates will cover close to, what 8+ months. He'll probably have little breaks in between.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He said something an out January through to November? And Mania wasn't his last match, just his last Mania, which was interesting. 30 - 40 dates will cover close to, what 8+ months. He'll probably have little breaks in between.
He said January to December.

They gonna send him off on the year-end Smackdown?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know Paul is mindful of the length of shows and not needing everyone to make the card, but I feel like we can do better than 5 matches.

Reactions: yahhockey

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I know Paul is mindful of the length of shows and not needing everyone to make the card, but I feel like we can do better than 5 matches.
Tonight was especially egregious since they wasted what seemed like a half hour in the middle of the show with the extended, self-serving behind the curtain non-sense and the improvised meandering John Cena announcement.

I'm pretty sure the Cena announcement was meant for Raw but realized they were running super fast so they sent him out there ill-prepared to make the announcement to fill time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad