Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] D Braden Schneider re-signs with the Rangers (2 years, $2.2M AAV)

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
He wouldn’t sign that
I think he wouldve considered. Wouldve taken him to UFA at 30 and another opportunity to get another big deal. And when this expires he’s likely getting a 5 or 6 year deal from NYR and will the AAV be > $6mm? Because if he ends up with 6 X $6 on his next deal, it’s the same money as 8 X $5 over those same 8 years

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I think he wouldve considered. Wouldve taken him to UFA at 30 and another opportunity to get another big deal. And when this expires he’s likely getting a 5 or 6 year deal from NYR and will the AAV be > $6mm? Because if he ends up with 6 X $6 on his next deal, it’s the same money as 8 X $5 over those same 8 years
Cap is going to go up significantly the next couple years. Much smarter for the player to sign a 2 year deal and bet on himself.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Even on a bridge this is a steal

Is he that bad now? I dont watch the rags, and i know he takes alot of dumb penalties, but has he fallen off that far?
I think people see the price tag and they see what others bring to the table for that price.

Trouba is good but with Fox there he is relegated to matchup play and penalty kills and there are a lot of players doing that for half the money. Trouba needs to be playing big minutes / all situations to be worth his price, and he isn't as effective as alternatives on the team in any role.

He also has arguably the worst reputation out of any defenseman in the league, and hurts the brand as a consequence of also not being a beloved player.

Edit: Trouba would be great on a retained-salary deal imo. Someone would make good use of him. He'll do better out of the spotlight on a Nashville or a Dallas.

Reactions: hurdemz and andora

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Cap is going to go up significantly the next couple years. Much smarter for the player to sign a 2 year deal and bet on himself.
I dont necessarily disagree. But probably would make him consider. $40 mill guaranteed today may be more comforting than the chance at $50 mill in 2 years.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

I think people see the price tag and they see what others bring to the table for that price.

Trouba is good but with Fox there he is relegated to matchup play and penalty kills and there are a lot of players doing that for half the money. Trouba needs to be playing big minutes / all situations to be worth his price, and he isn't as effective as alternatives on the team in any role.

He also has arguably the worst reputation out of any defenseman in the league, and hurts the brand as a consequence of also not being a beloved player.

Edit: Trouba would be great on a retained-salary deal imo. Someone would make good use of him. He'll do better out of the spotlight on a Nashville or a Dallas.
A flying elbow is a flying elbow regardless of state or team....

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Attachments

• IMG_4685.gif
    IMG_4685.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

3rd pairing RD is between $3-$5m AAV. huge steal

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON

This probably describes the situation perfectly. Trouba at 4m would be ideal. Its wild how salary dictates the total value of a hockey player.

Reactions: Kendo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad