Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
ludacris-image.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Voted for Freij. Bit of a darkhorse at this point for sure, but I think it was a sneaky good pick. We'll see.

Don't know where I would vote for Lucius but it would be a lot further down the list than this. I have zero expectations for him at this point. Hope he finds health and luck and proves me wrong. But I will be surprised if he ever plays more than 30 games in a season at any level.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I didn't vote for him, but nice to see Milic get some votes...He might be a steal of a draft pick, getting him and Julien in the 5th round. He was a huge reason the Moose climbed out of the basement last year to be a playoff team. I'd like to see Julien and Nikkanen next on the list.

I am surprised Parker Ford hasn't got a vote yet. He'll play in the NHL this year, almost guaranteed.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This is where the prospects start to all fall within the same group for me. Could go Freij, Lucius, Milic and even Rashevsky.
I’d like to say Lucius but I’ll go with Freij.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Well he scored a hat trick to win a bronze medal January 2023. 13 points in 17 games would give him the highest PPG total of Moose players last season other than Lambert.
Wait and if he got 13 points in 17 games in the nhl he'd be an instant 2C... how could I have doubted him

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Wait and if he got 13 points in 17 games in the nhl he'd be an instant 2C... how could I have doubted him
It's easy to cast doubt on guys who can't stay healthy. Perfetti has had his struggles along the way, but Lucius has had more serious injuries. If Lambert makes the Jets I think Chaz starts as the #1C on the Moose.

I don't mind him in this spot. Frej will likely win #8 then I think the margins will be close.

Rashevsky is getting some traction. He was a kid who fell in the draft because of his uncertainty of playing in North America, talent wise he was a possible 1st rounder ..don't know if there is a glimmer there, but it seems like Russians are getting out easier to make their mark in the best league. Maybe it's just a case of bribing the right officials.

Milic for me should be top 10 after his rookie season and WHL winning run before that. I'd have Ford in there but don't think he'll get the votes. Then you get into role players for the future and who has the best chance of breaking through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad