Premier League 2021-2022

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't know, but I doubt Gil would play much for some weeks at least. Coming straight from the Olympics to a new club the most reasonable thing would be to take it a bit slow.

Then again without Kane and I'm not sure what the deal with Ndombele is - Spurs haven't got a ton of depth in attacking positions. If Kane is out you basically got one out of Bergwijn/Alli/Lo Celso on the bench and Gil.

It's all a bit of a mess right now, but I guess it is the same for City.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Hoping one of Southampton/Brentford get relegated.

Also one of Burnley or Villa can f*** off, or both since West Ham aren't going down.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Here are my predictions for the year;
  1. Manchester City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Manchester United
  4. Liverpool
  5. Arsenal
  6. Leicester
  7. Spurs
  8. Everton
  9. West Ham
  10. Aston Villa
  11. Leeds United
  12. Brighton and Hove Albion
  13. Wolves
  14. Southampton
  15. Norwich
  16. Brentford
  17. Newcastle
  18. Crystal Palace
  19. Burnley
  20. Watford

Top 4: Seems pretty established to me at this point. The obvious variable being health and with another condensed season we will see some injuries. I don't think City is a lock for the title at this point, if they get Kane in that gap becomes more daunting for the teams chasing.

Arsenal; Lots of areas the team still needs to improve in, however, Ben White is a great signing and significantly improves this team. I'm biased and I don't care, they finish fifth :).

Brighton: I think this is the year Brighton takes some steps closer to mid-table. The goals will start to come and we have solid depth for a club of our stature, which will be especially important this season.

Bottom 3; Palace is in tough this year with Eze out long term and a lot of key players missing due to AFCON. They also don't have much depth and I see this season going wrong for them. Burnley because they are boring and I'm tired of them. Watford at the bottom, i just don't see them scoring enough to stay up. I could also see Newcastle going down this year, Steve Bruce is terrible at his job and they seem due at this point.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. Leicester
6. Tottenham
7. Arsenal
8. Leeds
9. Aston Villa
10. West Ham
11. Everton
12. Wolves
13. Brighton
14. Newcastle
15. Crystal Palace
16. Watford
17. Brentford
18. Southampton
19. Burnley
20. Norwich

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
United has bought Sancho who might have Salah-esque potential and Varane who’s a top3-5 CB in the entire EPL coming in. City doesn’t have a striker and no team with Jesus as your starter will be able to over come those elements. United also plays a beautiful offensive style of football that fits your club and should be able to beat majority of the bottom half opponents. I don’t know how they could have a worse season compared to last year…only way I see it is if Liverpool rebounds to their former glory (which is hard to see) and Chelsea hitting on every single move (which doesn’t work in the real world).

I myself am pretty insecure about Spurs, but they were undefeated this preseason without Kane, and only Gollini coming in.
I mean that’s good, but are you really that confident? Especially if you lot lose Kane?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I feel like Partey getting and staying healthy and being used properly by Arteta is the key for Arsenal this season unfortunately both those things are not that common. He is such a difference maker when he’s fit but once again he’s recovering from injury and our CM depth and overall construction looks shite.

Reactions: S E P H

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I think those are Santo teams no? Ones that are able to stay within games and challenge, but don’t necessarily win nor are able to take the next step

I'm still very wary about Nuno. The lack of pressing so far really disturbs me. At least he seems like a much better manager off the pitch than Mourinho, who wouldn't care much about fitness. But that's a pretty low bar.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Top 4 is unpredictable every year. Remember the predictions ahead of the 2019/20 season when Arsenal and Spurs were considered absolute locks for top 4 while everyone said United and Chelsea had no chance? Arsenal had just finished one point off top 4 and signed Pepe, while Spurs just made the CL final and signed Ndombele. United had just finished 6th, way off the top 5 and Chelsea had just lost Hazard, hired a rookie manager and got a transfer ban. However, Arsenal and Spurs unexpectedly missed out in favor of Chelsea and United.

I don't think it is nearly set in stone. I do think Chelsea run a risk of missing top 4, while United, Liverpool and City look too good to miss out.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Bored today, so here's a list of players potentially missing due to AFCON by team:

Arsenal
Aubameyang, Partey, Pepe, El Neny

Aston Villa
Bertrand Traore, Trezeguet, Nakamba

Brentford
Wissa, Onyeka, Jeanvier, Fosu

Brighton
Bissouma

Burnley
None (they have only 8 players from outside of England, including only 4 from outside of the British Isles, and one of those is from NZ)

Chelsea
Mendy, (Hudson-Odoi), Ziyech, Baba Rahman

Crystal Palace
Kouyate, Ayew, Zaha, Schlupp

Everton
Gbamin, Iwobi

Leeds United
None (Angola didn't make it)

Leicester City
Iheanacho, Amartey, Mendy, Ndidi, Sowah

Liverpool
Salah, Mane, Keita, Matip

Manchester City
Mahrez

Man United
Bailly, Diallo, Mejbri

Newcastle
None

Norwich City
None

Southampton
Djenepo, Salisu

Spurs
Aurier

Watford
Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Louza, Masina, Success, Sarr, Dennis

West Ham
Benrahma

Wolves
Boly, Saiss

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
‘It’s surreal’: meet a Brentford fan who saw them in the top flight 74 years ago

Has it always been Brentford? “Only,” Burridge replies. “I don’t see how you can have two clubs. Not properly, anyway. I’m very much a one-club person. But I’ve enjoyed it; that’s what you do. If you support a club, you support them. It’s part of your life. It’s not: ‘Oh, I’m not going to support them any more because they lose too many matches.’ It was one of the highlights of my life … and it is still is the highlight of my life,” he says with great warmth.

Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Thank f***. Seriously now. Guy has been at the club for ten years, for him to leave over something like this would be ridiculous.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Little late, but only two games played so far, so not a big spoiler. Didn't change anything I thought about the season either way
  1. City
  2. United
  3. Chelsea
  4. Liverpool
  5. Leicester
  6. Spurs
  7. Everton
  8. Wolves
  9. Newcastle
  10. West Ham
  11. Brighton
  12. Arsenal