Premier League 2021-2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I was not impressed last year by the offense at all. The only players who performed were Salah and Jota. Mane/Firmino took a huge step back and I am not convinced yet it's just a rough patch. Contrary to most LFC fans I am not drinking the kool aid yet. I am also shocked on how TAA is defended constantly by the fans. I understand he is homegrown and a scouser but he was shockingly bad last year and he got a significant pay raise for that...

As I said prior, I am fully behind Klopp but I think he sometime believe too much in his current players and he does not like transfers to fix issues on the team and he always find internal solutions.

We'll see. I am very... surprised by the lack of worries from LFC fans considering what other top clubs have been doing.

I am worried about CM. We have two who are hurt all the time. But I do also think they're going to sign someone.

As for the attack, this had a lot to do with a few things.

1. Defenders couldn't play a high line anymore, so

2. Because they couldn't play a high line, and because they couldn't pass, the attackers weren't getting the ball in the same positions they always were before.

3. The attackers also had to track back too much to help the defense, which obviously makes it harder to score

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Huh? They didn't lose a lot but they lost their starting LB and Firpo barely played last year, that could go bad. Harrison was already there so I don't really consider that an add. For a team that plays as intense as they do I think they need a few more bodies to help with the depth. They're also the potential of the sophomore slump, so I have them a couple of spots down from last seasons finish.
Firpo will be fine.
His statements about Leeds' training are already a good sign.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I really hope Leeds do well, but teams will be more aware and I wonder how the $&$,=& they can keep on running so much more/faster than everyone else. I seem to remember they were completely separated from the rest on those metrics.

I guess the season is always more difficult to predict than you think before the season- but this year feels like more difficult than almost ever before. I have no clue if Leeds will fight for 7-8th or to stay alive. It goes for a lot of clubs.

And I have no clue who wins the title. I could see Chelsea, City, United or Liverpool winning. But I could also see United and Liverpool outside the top 4.

Haven't got high hopes for Spurs this season, but for the neutrals I think it will be a fantastic season. And with so many teams trying to play good football. Probably more teams than ever really trying to play open entertaining football.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
1. City
2. United
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Leicester
7. Arsenal
8. Everton
9. Villa
10. Wolves
11. West Ham
12. Southampton
13. Leeds
14. Newcastle
15. Brighton
16. Palace
17. Brentford
18. Burnley
19. Norwich
20. Watford

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Leicester
7. Tottenham
8. Aston Villa
9. Everton
10. Leeds
11. West Ham
12. Wolves
13. Brighton
14. Crystal Palace
15. Brentford
16. Burnley
17. Newcastle
18. Norwich
19. Southampton
20. Watford

Liverpool will be back and challenging for the title with healthy defenders and midfielders.

Chelsea seem to be title contenders according to most people, which I really don't agree with. Chelsea missing out on top 4 isn't unlikely but I think they make it. Based on the long-term trend from boxing day 2020, Chelsea would score 22 fewer goals than Arsenal over a league season. This is a gigantic deficit. Scoring goals matters in league football. Completely different to winning a knockout tournament. Lukaku will help, but I absolutely don't think they have enough goals in them to challenge for the title. They lack creative players and effective systematical chance creation methods against low blocks. Chelsea under Tuchel scored 25 goals in 19 PL games. A rate of 50 a season. Just looking at historical tables, I don't think a team has ever made top 4 in the PL era scoring so few.

I don't think Arsenal make top 4 sadly (obviously largely because of Arteta's incompetence but our horrendous transfer window is also a huge reason). However, people are underestimating Arsenal a little. Arsenal had the second most points in the league after Christmas, which was when we changed system to a back 4 and started playing with a number 10 (Smith-Rowe his first minutes of the season that game). If Arteta doesn't get sacked early enough though I do believe we will finish way below the top 4. Sack Arteta and bring in Conte, who is unemployed and an admirer of Arsenal, and we challenge.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
  1. City
  2. United
  3. Liverpool
  4. Chelsea
  5. Leicester
  6. Spurs*
  7. Arsenal
  8. Villa
  9. Everton
  10. Wolves
  11. West Ham
  12. Southampton
  13. Brighton
  14. Leeds
  15. Palace
  16. Burnley
  17. Newcastle
  18. Brentford
  19. Norwich
  20. Watford
*Very much subject to change based on Kane staying going.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Firpo will be fine.
His statements about Leeds' training are already a good sign.

He's played like 2100 minutes only in the last two seasons. That's a bit risky to throw right into the starting lineup and expect everything to be fine. Alioski was probably the weakest link on Leeds so the player he is replacing is the easiest one to replace. They don't even have a backup to him so if he struggles their in trouble.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Leicester
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. West Ham
8. Arsenal
9. Brighton
10. Everton
11. Aston Villa
12. Leeds
13. Wolverhampton
14. Norwich
15. Southampton
16. Newcastle
17. Crystal Palace
18. Watford
19. Burnley
20. Brentford

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. United
5. Leicester
6. Spurs
7. Everton
8. Aston Villa
9. Arsenal
10. West Ham
11. Wolves
12. Leeds
13. Brighton
14. Newcastle
15. Watford
16. Burnley
17. Southampton
18. Crystal Palace
19. Norwich
20. Brentford

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. Leicester
6. Spurs
7. Aston Villa
8. Arsenal
9. Southampton
10. Leeds
11. Everton
12. Wolves
13. Brighton
14. West Ham
15. Watford
16. Norwich City
17. Newcastle
18. Crystal Palace
19. Brentford
20. Burnley

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
A full Anfield is probably the biggest advantage Liverpool could find

Having Keita, Ox, Henderson, Matip, Gomez, and VVD all return from injury sure doesn't hurt. As long as some of them are fit they will be very far up the table. They were in first place until December 30th, but then all the injuries added up. Still though it's not like the entirety of last season was them struggling.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
1. Manchester City [If they buy Kane]
1. Manchester United [If City doesn't buy Kane]
3. Chelsea [More players get adjusted to EPL style, makes them rise in the table]
4. Liverpool [Inconsistent offence with a lot of mileage on them]
5. Leicester City [Good team who will have a good season, but will fall short]
6. Leeds United
7. Everton
8. Tottenham Hotspurs
9. Arsenal
10. West Ham
-----------------------------
18. Burnley
19. Norwich City
20. Watford

- Really huge gap between the top four and the rest of the pack.

- LC should have a good season and will make Europa, but do miss out on CL because of the Fofana injury.

- Arsenal probably win some games against the top 5, but then lose shockers against the bottom-half of the table. A lot of stagnation from the overall results where I am once again expecting a ton of draws, but some players will standout positively. There will be a large gaps of talent between players right next to each other.

- Everton are professional bottlers, they have great talent, but won't be able to come together in unity to make it happen. Losing Carlo does hurt, but Benitz is a great manager and extremely underappreciated. He gets frustrated from the lack of killer mentality and leaves after next season.

- I have Spurs above Arsenal just because they have Kane and Son combo, but once that stops I doubt they finish in the top half. They haven't had a good preseason, just got a tad better, and I do not know how Santo is a good fit for a squad with their talent. I suggest he's closer to Arsenal's current squad than Spurs who are more offensive and direct than any other team in the EPL.

- Burnley has been surviving on one type of tactic and their inability to spend is going to catch up with them in one of these years. I also think Brighton is a prime relegation candidate, but they had a lot of unfortunate losses last season which I simply cannot see happen again. There's different ways to lose though and why I don't think they're as safe as other teams are.

- Norwich is elevator and this is just another example, plus they lost a lot of talent along the way too.

- Watford has absolutely nothing that makes me have any sort of confidence for them this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they start as bad as Sheffield did...

- Just for the love of God relegate Crystal Palace, please!!!!!!!!!!!!

- West Ham has decent season. Aston Villa drops. Newcastle rises a tad. Soton stays the same. Brentford is on the bottom, but survives. Wolves step back, but Jimenez keeps on scoring. Brighton actually surprises people.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Skipp looks like he will start for Spurs against ManCity opening night.

Jump-into-the-fire-metallica-39913030-500-500.jpg

Reactions: Fro

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Why are people seemingly so high on Everton? It's not like they've improved a ton in the market and I don't see how on paper Benitez is an upgrade on Ancelloti.

They're the classic "next year is the year" team, so I wonder how much is just reflex.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
1-City
2-Chelsea
3-Liverpool
4-ManU
5-Spurs
6-Leicester
7-Arsenal
8-Everton
9-Newcastle
10-Leeds
11-Palace
12-Southampton
13-West Ham
14-Brentford
15-Villa
16-Wolves
17-Brighton
18-Norwich
19-Burnley
20-Watford

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Where did you see that? I definitely missed that tweet

Nothing from the club, just numerous predictions. Sorry, could be wrong of course but the first 3 lineup projections I saw had Skipp in. Much rather have him than Winks. Winks is a known-known, we know he's not good enough.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Nothing from the club, just numerous predictions. Sorry, could be wrong of course but the first 3 lineup projections I saw had Skipp in. Much rather have him than Winks. Winks is a known-known, we know he's not good enough.
100% agree, been on the sell winks train for 2 years...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Based on the pre-season I would expect Skipp to start.

Very very difficult to predict the starting line-up but I would think something like:

Son - ? - Lucas
Skipp - Højbjerg - ?
Reguilon - Romero - Sanchez - Tanganga (probably)
Lloris

I would guess Kane and Lo Celso are reasonably likely to start. Lo Celso looks fit - Kane I guess depends on a lot of things. Not sure who plays if Kane doesn't start. Bergwijn I guess.

Son, Lucas, Højbjerg and Reguilon seem to be the safest bets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad