Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nantes sold them their player, Cardiff stuck him on a rickety plane in their rush to get him there, tragedy ensues and now they're trying to use shaky legal arguments to get out of their obligations. I don't really know what there is to explain honestly...
I mean, we don't really know the details of the contract. In the article linked above it sounds like the contract was illegal and that Sala didn't sign a new one (at least that's what Cardiff is saying). At the end of the day this is what businesses do and Nantes isn't fighting with Cardiff over it over some kind of moral high ground -- they would likely do the same in the reverse situation if there was a way for them to do it. They just want their money.

At the end of the day it comes down to what happened with the contract. If there is an obligation to pay because the contract was signed and sealed (and all the other related requirements were met) then they will be forced to pay. If this were any other transfer case the player would have either signed a proper contract and played or gone back to Nantes (or another team). Unfortunately that isn't possible in this case so it comes down to the legality of it.

As far as the flight is concerned, was it Cardiff that rushed him there and stuck him on a rickety plane? Sounds here like it was the Agent, and an agent acting on behalf of Nantes that set up a personal flight that Cardiff was unaware of (but I could be looking at the wrong article): Emiliano Sala: Agent who booked Cardiff City striker's flight reveals text messages

This isn't a personal issue. The thing that is upsetting is what happened to the player. Both of these teams are arguing over money this isn't about the death, but people are acting like it.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
FIFA registered the transfer (remember it takes both Nantes and Cardiff agreeing here, so it's quite a thing to say he was free to sign elsewhere now). It's a clear law and there's no way around it. The fact they first said it was a moral thing to wait, then two, yes they were going to pay but were looking at all the options and then third, no, we're trying to find some arguments in order not to pay...
All the while making some Sala celebration, saying he was one of theirs, etc...

Yes, that's pretty awful behaviour.

The agent wasn't acting on behalf of Nantes. Nantes officials weren't even aware he was coming to say goodbye.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
LVG is bitter and is a head case but I 100% agree with this statement of his.

"At the moment there is a structure with a scouting division and above that is someone at Woodward's right hand. The structure is not so bad but the right hand has to be a technical director with a football view, not somebody with a banker's role," Van Gaal says.

"Unfortunately, we are talking about a commercial club, not a football club. I spoke to Ferguson about this and in his last years, he also had problems with it.”

It’s very apparent that’s how the club has been run since SAF left. Could have been ever longer, just the SAF was so god damn good that he could hide the clubs weaknesses. We need a DOF in the worst kind of way to keep Woodward from making any decisions that are football related. Let him market and bring in money but the man is a football moron.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, that's definitely accurate.

United need Woodward to be out of the football decision process and to just focus on marketing.

Leave the DoF job to someone who can come in long term and provide stability and vision in a way a manager in today's came really can't

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yea, that's definitely accurate.

United need Woodward to be out of the football decision process and to just focus on marketing.

Leave the DoF job to someone who can come in long term and provide stability and vision in a way a manager in today's came really can't

Yup. Let Woodward make millions off noodles and toilet paper and let someone else target players. Then Woodward can make money off the players we sign.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Salty? Fairly obvious that OGS has focused on defensive structure and CA. Biggest difference to me is that they commit more men forward when the counter-attack. And they play with a bit more freedom against organized defenses, but from what I can see the difference in terms of how you approach games tactically is not very different. Biggest difference is mentally.

Numbers might prove me completely wrong, but I don't see the "salty" part. Maybe other than implying LVG is so attacking minded. Never seen so many sideways passes (again stats might prove me wrong - but my feeling without having analyzed it).

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Salty? Fairly obvious that OGS has focused on defensive structure and CA. Biggest difference to me is that they commit more men forward when the counter-attack. And they play with a bit more freedom against organized defenses, but from what I can see the difference in terms of how you approach games tactically is not very different. Biggest difference is mentally.

Numbers might prove me completely wrong, but I don't see the "salty" part. Maybe other than implying LVG is so attacking minded. Never seen so many sideways passes (again stats might prove me wrong - but my feeling without having analyzed it).

They're making fewer clearances per game (down 14%), have played 28% more passes in the opposing half. They're also doing a crapton more sprints (especially without the ball) per game.

OGS system relies on a lot more individual defending as opposed to the Mourinho style of this year of just having a bunch of guys behind the ball and hoping it works. They've really only parked the bus on a couple occasions. Against Liverpool when they were playing with basically 10.5 men and had to make 2 early subs due to injury and against Spurs when they were defending a lead in the second half.

Also, park the bus + counter is different than defend + counter. Park the bus + counter is basically what Leicester did and what Mourinho was getting into. Almost everyone is deep and you've got one dude high you're launching long balls to. United now is focused on creating turnovers, especially in the midfield third, and rushing forward with numbers. Even when set up defensively, they're in positions to transfer to attack much faster than they were under Mourinho and are willing to have the wingers much higher up the pitch.

Either way, the salt comment was more about him moaning he didn't get credit for attacking football when he played just about the most boring stuff you could possibly imagine that was an absolute peak example of useless possession.

Reactions: maclean

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
LVG is a megalomaniac so I agree on that part of "salty".

I'm not saying it is the same for Mourinho and OGS, but I see LVG's point - the difference isn't huge - it is a matter of degree (at the moment)

I don't know how LVG made those comments. For me that isn't necessarily criticism (even if the written version comes across in a critical way). Even if OGS wanted to play differently he still has to make that transition with the players Mourinho assembled to play his type of football.

Ferguson had a team that obviously dominated most games against the weaker teams, but in Europe Utd was very much built around counter-attacking in my opinion. Not that different from the way the CA under OGS.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If you think racism only exists in Montenegro...

D22aB4kW0AEGrTK.jpg

Grand total of one white player on the list.

Reactions: Gecklund

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What a strange way of "proving" racism. One list voted by readers of the Sun.......

Not sure if anyone believes there is no racism in England though.

And the fact that a huge % of the biggest stars in the PL are "non-white" (that seems to be the definition of racism these days) kind of proves the opposite. In most cases you don´t get overrated if you are not well known/somewhat of a star in the first place.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah I tried to prove it by posting a picture. Trust me when I want to prove something I’ll write a lot and everyone else will be able to tell.

Racism and England isn’t something anyone would need to prove either.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah I tried to prove it by posting a picture. Trust me when I want to prove something I’ll write a lot and everyone else will be able to tell.

Racism and England isn’t something anyone would need to prove either.

So what was your point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad