Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If you think racism only exists in Montenegro...

D22aB4kW0AEGrTK.jpg

Grand total of one white player on the list.
Lmao how does Yerry Mina make the list. Has he even played this season.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Fulham are awful. City played very sloppily and Fulham couldn't even muster a single shot on target. They didn't even win a corner lol. Gotta wonder if Parker even wants to stay on next season at this point. He might be better off parting ways at the end of the season because this team will struggle to break into the upper half of the Championship next year.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Fulham are awful. City played very sloppily and Fulham couldn't even muster a single shot on target. They didn't even win a corner lol. Gotta wonder if Parker even wants to stay on next season at this point. He might be better off parting ways at the end of the season because this team will struggle to break into the upper half of the Championship next year.

It all depends on who they can keep. They'll have that parachute money so they could buy some good championship players. They also should sell Sessegnon and Seri which will give them money. I think Mitrovic won't want to go back to the championship so a swap with Southampton for Austin plus cash might make sense for both. Their backline isn't premier league quality but would be very good in the Championship, Cairney is top championship player and if they keep Anguissa they have a good Central mid pair. It's all about goals and Austin should score at that level and they can buy a Rhodes, Bamford or Gayle type who can score at that level too. They seem set up better than Huddersfield and Cardiff in terms of money and players coming back to make an impact.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Got an emai today from DAZN saying they are officially the place to view the prem in Canada for the next 3 years.
Yep I will definitely have to subscribe now. First I was pissed now I'm looking forward to it. I will cancel my regular cable and just go with Dazn which could save me some money. I still have been let down by Dazn in the past with their shitty feed and commentary but at least it will be cheaper to watch the game.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yep I will definitely have to subscribe now. First I was pissed now I'm looking forward to it. I will cancel my regular cable and just go with Dazn which could save me some money. I still have been let down by Dazn in the past with their ****ty feed and commentary but at least it will be cheaper to watch the game.
It's very cheap and they're commentary lacks heavily but the quality of the stream is pretty good. Some annoyances here and there but I expect it to get better and better.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yep I will definitely have to subscribe now. First I was pissed now I'm looking forward to it. I will cancel my regular cable and just go with Dazn which could save me some money. I still have been let down by Dazn in the past with their ****ty feed and commentary but at least it will be cheaper to watch the game.

I have had since this past September and I really have not had any issues with the stream quality. The only time I have had minor problems is the first minute or so after connecting my phone stream to a chrome-cast.

Only 150 for the year is great especially if you also like watching American Football

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Between my DAZN subscription and my IPTV I’m all set

Once in a while I like to watch games on European TV so sometimes I favor my IPTV lol.

But you can replay full games on DAZN or watch extended highlights

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
That's quite impressive money wise, though I imagine much of that profit is going to be eaten up by servicing the loan for the new stadium for some time.

You wonder if releasing that type of return doesn't backfire a touch. If I'm Poch (though some of his leverage has gone with United and Real jobs sewn up) you have to wonder if they're not doing enough to support him in the window. Especially with Alderweireld at least probably set for an exit.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's quite impressive money wise, though I imagine much of that profit is going to be eaten up by servicing the loan for the new stadium for some time.

You wonder if releasing that type of return doesn't backfire a touch. If I'm Poch (though some of his leverage has gone with United and Real jobs sewn up) you have to wonder if they're not doing enough to support him in the window. Especially with Alderweireld at least probably set for an exit.

You gotta figure it pisses off a manager to have back to back season where they post profits of 52 and 139 million but spend the next two windows (summer and winter) doing absolutely nothing.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, he knows that some of that money is getting cycled into better contracts to keep players who they've developed instead of seeing them move on.

But it can't help when he's looking at a 16+ point gap, knowing he can't spend anywhere near what the rest of the suitors for the top 4 can. Spending everything is never going to be Spurs model, and they value developing their Academy prospects more than most, but it's going to be a problem at some point.

I will be slightly interested to see if he can sell 2 or 3 parts to bring in something.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You gotta figure it pisses off a manager to have back to back season where they post profits of 52 and 139 million but spend the next two windows (summer and winter) doing absolutely nothing.

Don't think that is the case at all. Pochettino refers to himself as a "romantic" and obviously he knew going in that Spurs had to allocate money to the new training ground and stadium.

Only if the strain proves to be significantly higher than what he has promised can I see it becoming a problem. And I know Levy publically says the stadium will not have any effect on the transfer funding, but that is obviously false.

And in hindsight I'm actually quite happy Spurs haven't changed things up too much over the last couple of years. Players like Son, Winks, Sissoko etc. have gotten a chance to really establish themselves. Not saying not buying players is a good thing forever, but I'm not sure if it has ended up costing Spurs much at all.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Really that shows the benefit of developing players or acquiring players at lower fees and then seeing them improve, as opposed to the methods of some of the other big clubs of spending crazy money on players that aren't needed, looking at Chelsea and signings like Drinkwater. Gotta give credit to Spurs for being well-run from an operational standpoint.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Twitter comments do not reflect my general view of Chelsea fanbase

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Every fanbase has drunken idiots in a bar or at the stadium. I get annoyed at people that try and act like only certain fanbases are bad or never critique their own fanbases. Some in general are worse and some are more outsider friendly, but none are pure bad or pure good.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Correct, none are pure bad or pure good. Liverpool have had quite a few idiots cheering Munich, and they should be banned for good. Just like United have had plenty of rotten supporters sing about Hillsborough pretty much every year since.

But that said, there have been high profile incidents with Chelsea's supporters in recent history (this being just the latest of the bunch), with both having inquests and bans for antisemitism and racism from their fans.

Once again, I don't want to paint with broad strokes, and one terrible person does not represent a club's supporter base. However, we are soon getting to the point to where the club and the bigger supporter groups need to make a stand and take a look at whether or not they're letting some things go on that shouldn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad