Preds lines for next season right now

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Boy, it's hard to find a combo of two of our remaining guys I trust to be our 2nd pairing. Not saying it's the wrong move, but that's our glaring weakness right now.
Lauzon Carrier were the 2nd pairing most of the season. Id expect that to be the 2nd pairing again this season.

3rd pairing is more in the air but i dont recall fabbro or schenn really working on their offhand side. So i imagine once again fabbro will be outside looking in and one of stastney, del gaizo, Molendyk will end up with schenn.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think they'll start with Skjei and Josi on different pairings and then on occasional offensive draws and at the ends of the periods they're going to be put together. Of course this whole scenario depends a bit on whether Fabbro is here to start the year or not. If he's not, then I could see them going with Skjei and Josi on the same pairing.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Lauzon Carrier were the 2nd pairing most of the season. Id expect that to be the 2nd pairing again this season.

3rd pairing is more in the air but i dont recall fabbro or schenn really working on their offhand side. So i imagine once again fabbro will be outside looking in and one of stastney, del gaizo, Molendyk will end up with schenn.
Let's not forget that Lauzon and Carrier share the same French Canadian bat signals.

I mean, it's as good an explanation as any other, non?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
While I understand the enjoyment people get from figuring things out what you have right now is ROR, Stamkos, Forsberg, Nyquist, and Marchessault in some form of combo and whatever 6th works best with those 5.

All you can guarantee is those 5 will be in the top 6 in some combination.
I tune out of the fantasy management discussions..

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Is there any chance that Kemell makes the team?
No.

I mean, he had a decent season in Milwaukee, slightly less production than maybe we were hoping after how well he played when he first came over at the end of the previous season, but he's on the right track.

Still, the current Predators organization is not going to hurry anybody, the Preds already have a full roster. L'Heureux raised more eyebrows in the playoffs than Kemell did, and he probably won't make it either. It's no knock on Kemell.

Last edited:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
On the forward end we have 9 spots that are a lock to my eyes (O’Reilly, Forsberg, Nyquist, Stamkos, Marchessault, Novak, Evangelista, Sissons, and Smith). So that leaves 3 open spots for other guys to fill in. Most likely at least one of those is a checking line type of role with the other being skill or checking depend on how we want to build the lineup. Base on the end of last season my guess is McCarron, Parsinnen, and Jankowski fill those spots but there’s definitely a lot of competition there. All that to say I think Kemell is pretty far down the list of likely to make it out of camp but if he has a strong start to the season in Milwaukee he could work his way into being the first injury call up. The trick with him is I don’t think he fits into a checking line role versus someone like L’Hereux who could be effective cracking the lineup there first.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm surprised there hasn't already been much movement on our Cap situation yet. If I was GM, I'd love to just take the rest of the summer off. I'm not sure I understand the rationale for handing out candy on contracts to UFAs, then getting lost in the weeds dickering over minutiae on the young depth guys.

Like, who cares if you give 1-way contracts to any of Parssinen, Tomasino, Stastney, or even Del Gaizo at this point? Of course they didn't want to accept 2-way QOs, but there's no need to fight over that now. It's not like you're going to put Parssinen or Tomasino on waivers. Maybe you could with Del Gaizo and he might clear. It's not like you need to waste time or resources on preparing an arbitration case for Stastney, just hand him that $775k/1-way contract. He's obviously ready.

Go ahead and put Glass on waivers today. It's not like teams will be any LESS constrained in terms of Cap space if you wait another month. Then the team is basically set and you can sit on a beach somewhere for the next 2 months. 🏖️

2024-25 Nashville Predators

Forsberg ($8.5M) - O'Reilly ($4.5M) - Nyquist ($3.185M)
Evangelista ($0.7975M) - Stamkos ($8M) - Marchessault ($5.5M)
Novak ($3.5M) - Glass ($2.5M) - Tomasino (RFA - $0.775M)
Jankowski ($0.800M) - Sissons ($2.857M) - Smith ($1M)
McCarron ($0.900M) - Parssinen (RFA - $0.775M)

Skjei ($7M) - Josi ($9.059M)
Lauzon ($2M) - Carrier ($3.75M)
Stastney/Del Gaizo (RFA - $0.775M) - Schenn ($2.75M)
Fabbro ($2.5M)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

Ekholm retention: $0.250M
Johansen retention: $4M
Turris Buyout: $2M
Duchene Buyout: $5.5556M

TOTAL: $89,7291M
2024-25 NHL Cap: $88M
REMAINING CAP SPACE: $-1.7291M

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Trading Glass and Fabbro would get them below the cap to provide some wiggle room. If they wanted extra wiggle room they could trade Novak too. Will all depend on Parsinnen and one of the other prospects performing well enough in camp to fill Glass and Novak’s roster spots.

Stastney and Del Gaizo have already proven they can fill in the Fabbro spot on D. Don’t be surprised is Wilsby makes some noise in training camp for a roster spot.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I really don't understand the lack of love for Parsinnen. I believe he has tremendous upside. However we will have to wait until the season starts to determine who's opinion is correct.
Oh, you’re certainly not the only one. I think the majority in here feel that way. Which makes it all the more odd that our coaching staff doesn’t see it…

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I think this year will be the test for Parsinnen. Coaching staff seemed high on him to start last year and then things went sideways for him and the coaches could never really get him into a useful role. I do think him being the first forward injury replacement in the playoffs last year is a good sign he’ll get a good opportunity again.

Reactions: originalpredfan

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Honestly...If he's a top 6 C and can't make it work w/ Stamkos and Marchesseult he's not top 6 material. We have bottom 6 C's signed and perfect for their roles. ROR & Parsnip then Sissons and Big Sexy. I'd like Novak and Evangelista w/ Sissons to start.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Brunette stated in an interview that he didn’t utilize Parsinnen appropriately last season. If he is admitting he made a mistake we can assume he will correct that mistake this season. I expect Parsinnen will get a good shot at playing time in whatever role Brunette believes he is best suited for.
Well, then it better be at center because that's the mistake he made last year.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Honestly...If he's a top 6 C and can't make it work w/ Stamkos and Marchesseult he's not top 6 material. We have bottom 6 C's signed and perfect for their roles. ROR & Parsnip then Sissons and Big Sexy. I'd like Novak and Evangelista w/ Sissons to start.
Honestly that seems like an interesting starting point though im unsure of Novak Sissons Evangalista but it might work. That looks like a great place for L'Heureux to start out with when he is ready. Probably need to keep Novak until we can figure out if Pärssinen can be that center for stamkos Marchessault though. Can always put sissons on wing with Pärssinen centering and Evangelista or Marchessault on the other wing giving some depth scoring

Reactions: Softball99

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Brunette stated in an interview that he didn’t utilize Parsinnen appropriately last season. If he is admitting he made a mistake we can assume he will correct that mistake this season. I expect Parsinnen will get a good shot at playing time in whatever role Brunette believes he is best suited for.
You have way more faith than I do. I've been around long enough to see more than my fair share of coaches that keep making the same mistake over and over. Some GM's in that same boat too.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think glass has zero place on this team. Way too many forwards now. Fabbro needs to stay unless he’s packaged with askarov or whatever for upgrade.
I think Stastney could be gone sooner than later after filing for arbitration with less than 30 games of nhl under his belt lol.

Also what happens with Tomasino? We cannot waste another year of his promising career in the ahl because brunette doesn’t like his style. Let’s do something here. Geeez

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I think glass has zero place on this team. Way too many forwards now. Fabbro needs to stay unless he’s packaged with askarov or whatever for upgrade.
I think Stastney could be gone sooner than later after filing for arbitration with less than 30 games of nhl under his belt lol.

Also what happens with Tomasino? We cannot waste another year of his promising career in the ahl because brunette doesn’t like his style. Let’s do something here. Geeez
Tomasino isn't our best AHL forward.
I'll worry about the handringing here when he is the top AHL forward and/or truly performs at the NHL level when given the chance. As long as he plays his way down the NHL lineup then is far from the best AHL option he is a player that needs to develop ... and is on a typical development timeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad