Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Playing on Detroit's 2nd pairing wasn't a crazy scenario going into the season. We only really knew Chiarot was going to be on the top pairing and we didn't know both Walman and Määttä would be as good as they have been.

How do you figure? Määttä had nine NHL seasons under his belt coming into this year. You think it's a big surprise he was able to hold down a permanent spot on the roster??

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I said it before the Bergeron and Krejci signings and I'll stick with this prediction.

1 - Boston
2 to 8 -
ipm2esxb3lq21.jpg

Quoted for god mode. This guy had a delorean.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Oh so you have decided to make a visit.....Has what I predicted not come to pass for FLD??And we arent tied BTW we have more wins in less games..Now I did miss on our offensive total,s but losing your number 1 center which I had admitted too much earlier in the thread ,would hurt our team...
Want to make a visit?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Bruins clinch the division with 10 games remaining

Who saw that coming besides like one person in here

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
1.) Toronto - Finishes 2nd in the league behind the Avs, Matthews/Marner with 100+ points each and Murray surprises people. We get at least 1 Murray for Vezina thread.
2.) Tampa - Cruise to another 110 point season
3.) Florida - Not as good as last year, but still a solid club
4) Boston - Make WC2 after starting off the season really, really bad. Boston fans want to tank for Bedard by thanksgiving but Marchand comes back and breathes life into them. Sets up a Toronto vs Boston matchup in round 1. The playoff series will be dubbed as the final battle between the two, the loser blowing up their roster in the summer

5.) Ottawa - Start off amazing in the first month or two, people ask if they're a contender. We have at least one thread about them coming to "burn down your village". They fall off as teams settle in and play better defense
6.) Buffalo - They play very good hockey overall, but lack one or two pieces to get them into the playoffs
7.) Detroit - No defense played, lots of high scoring hockey
8.) Montreal - 2nd worst team in the NHL, but win the season series against Toronto 3-1. Both fanbases hate the fact that this happened as MTL loses out on last place due to this and Toronto shows they still sleepwalk a lot

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
There was a thread for this a while back but it was made way too early before Boston made their signings and got way off track. I made this thread exactly 1 year ago: Predict the Atlantic Standings and got all 4 playoff teams right. Way off on the non-playoff teams. Here’s my order:

1. Toronto-116 points: This isn’t the playoffs, time and time again the Leafs have shown they are a great regular season team. While the Matt Murray move looks real bad to me, Campbell was one of the worst goalies in the league (if not the worst) in the 2nd half and Mrazek was garbage, and they were still very good, so I see no concerns. They lost some minor pieces but of the big 4 in the Atlantic, they definitely lost the least.
  2. Florida- 109 points: If I read 1 more time how much worse Florida will be due to losing Giroux and Chariot I will lose my mind. Florida was on a 120 point pace before trading for them in March. They finished with 116 points in 2021. The loss of Weegar, Duclair and Marchment will hurt, but this is still a very good regular season team that Vegas still has 4th in President’s Trophy odds (not that I see a repeat). I have no idea why the loss of Weegar, Duclair and Marchment are so backbreaking to cause Florida to lose 30 points and miss the playoffs like part of HF seems to think but neither myself or Vegas buys it. As is I have them down 13 points which is significant.
  3. Tampa- 106 points: A team that’s never cared about positioning, with the loss of McDonagh and Palat along with major injuries to Cirelli and Bogosian, I have them firmly in 3rd. One of the more interesting moves of the summer was keeping Philippe Myers, who has looked bad for several years and who had a unique buyout that actually would have increased Tampa’s cap room this year. They chose to keep him and he looks slotted in a top 4 role. Diamond in the rough of rare slipup?

4. Boston-99 points (wildcard): I may have had Boston out of the playoffs if the didn’t bring back Bergeron and Krecji. An older team, significant injuries to Marchand and McAvoy will have the Bruins in a tough spot the 1st half. But bringing back 2 good players should give them enough leeway. I like Jim Montgomery but have no idea why Cassidy was fired and not Sweeney. I'd have done it the other way around.

5. Ottawa-89 points: For these non-playoff teams it gets tricky. I don’t really buy the Sens hype. Giroux is still very good, nice signing. Debrincat trade, what a fleece job. But this was a 70 point team last year. Sure they had a tough covid run but I just don’t see the 30 point improvement needed to make the playoffs. Please get Chabot some help back there.

6. Detroit- 88 points: Copp and Perron are nice players. They have some great young players. I like Husso. In the same vein as Ottawa though, I don’t think they’ve closed the gap enough on the top teams. Also I don’t know what Ben Chariot does to a MFer, Zito gave up so much and Yzerman gave an awful contract, both of these guys are good GMs but no idea why he’s being paid as a borderline top pairing guy/#3.

7. Buffalo-85 points: Buffalo was good in the second half. A lot of fun to watch. Tage Thompson and Tuch were great, Dahlin improved, Power looks like the real deal. I’m just not a fan of their goaltending. 6k doesn’t look ready to carry the load, Comrie was good but 15 starts last year isn’t enough and he hasn’t shown much in his career till then, and Craig Anderson is 800 years old.

8. Montreal-62 points: Kent Hughes has done a nice job (Monahan and a 1st, BEN CHARIOT FOR A 1ST, excuse the caps) and they have some nice young players but this is going to be a very bad year (or good, Bedard sweepstakes?). It’s a great year to tank but they’ll have some tough competition in Chicago, Arizona and Philly.
This aged well hehe

Not your fault tho...who would have predicted

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Let topshelf have this minor victory. Sens are on a bit of a run and the Panthers keep tripping over their own feet. The panthers are a lot closer to last year's vegas team than the fringe playoff team topshelf has deluded himself into believing.
It was very short lived
This thread has gone full:

Couldn’t agree more
And where are you in the standings??Behind us with 2 more games played....Ottawa,s blueline is night and day by comparision of your team ...Our 21 year old second line center is playing first line mins,and on pace to score 90 points...Our rookie 3rd line center has 16 goals playing on our 2nd line...Imagine how much further you will be behind by this time next season ,its not gonna be pretty...

All of which I have said ,it doesnt matter...He only see,s what he wants to see
Update?
Oh so you have decided to make a visit.....Has what I predicted not come to pass for FLD??And we arent tied BTW we have more wins in less games..Now I did miss on our offensive total,s but losing your number 1 center which I had admitted too much earlier in the thread ,would hurt our team...
The irony is so thick that not only is it the Panthers who will end the Sens season, they are gonna do it in blowout fashion.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It was very short lived

Couldn’t agree more

Update?

The irony is so thick that not only is it the Panthers who will end the Sens season, they are gonna do it in blowout fashion.

Lol, the season was long done.

Putting goalies in with no NHL experience is not a good sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad