Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yogibear

Mar 21, 2007
Ottawa/Gatineau
Boston’s dealing with injuries and if Bergeron/Marchand slow down at all they’re in trouble. Ottawa’s forward talent is slightly better than Detroit but I think Detroit’s better at D and goalie.
Yeah, i had to check capfriendly to find out who were your supposed better goalies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh dont really see why people are constantly crapping on Ottawa,s defense....Sanderson,Zub and Chabot ...Are better than what FLD can ice save maybe Ekblad in their top 4...And a much deeper top 9 ....,and equal or better in nets ...

Reactions: SNES

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
Toronto, Florida, Tampa Bay, Boston, Ottawa, Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal. None of Ottawa, Detroit, or Buffalo gets to 90 points. Boston is closer to Tampa than most believe.

Meh dont really see why people are constantly crapping on Ottawa,s defense....Sanderson,Zub and Chabot ...Are better than what FLD can ice save maybe Ekblad in their top 4...And a much deeper top 9 ....,and equal or better in nets ...
Literally every point here is wrong.

Reactions: Beezeral

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
1- Tampa Bay
2- Toronto
3- Florida
4- Ottawa (That's right, I think that age and health will catch Boston)

5- Boston
6- Detroit
7- Buffalo (The most mediocre team in the past 20 years)
8- Habs are on board for Bedard and you can't stop that train. Tchoo Tchoo motherf***ers!!1

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
4. Detroit - One of the few teams this offseason that has undoubtedly improved in all areas, both on and off the ice.

Boston’s dealing with injuries and if Bergeron/Marchand slow down at all they’re in trouble. Ottawa’s forward talent is slightly better than Detroit but I think Detroit’s better at D and goalie.

Man, you are going to be in for an absolutely rude awakening. You been pretty logical poster but last two years been on hardcore homer hype. I feel this season going to humble you quite a bit.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Man, you are going to be in for an absolutely rude awakening. You been pretty logical poster but last two years been on hardcore homer hype. I feel this season going to humble you quite a bit.
Post your own prediction and we’ll compare notes in 6 months. Pretty easy to criticize if you’re not willing to put your own prediction out there.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Better season than last year with Samsonov and a goalie to be named later shouldering the load when Matt Murray is inevitably put on LTIR? Not so sure about that...
I think people forget just how poor the Leafs goaltending was last year as well.

Screenshot_20220823-174450_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220823-174501_Chrome.jpg

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

You are really infatuated with Florida as a Senators fan, but both Ekblad and Forsling are better than Chabot and Zub.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I mean all he said was they improved in all areas.

So do you think Greiss is better than Husso? That Staal, Dekyser, Stetcher are better than Chiarot, Maatta, Edvinsson, Hagg, Pysyk? That Gagner, Stephens, Rowney are better Perron, Copp, Kubalik?

How is that not an upgrade at every position? Would love to hear you make a case.

Reactions: kevistar

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

”Slightly” are you joking?
They have one of the best top6’s in the league on paper.

Detroit is way too thin on superstars/quality depth to be a real threat.

Boston is a much more balanced team vs Detroit and loaded with high end talent for next year, but only for next year

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
How is that even that bad? The variance between expected and actual is like 2%...Seems a lot worse to be the goalies playing 3 games and being beside him.

October 0.893
November 0.953
December 0.893
January 0.890
February 0.889
March 0.848
April 0.894

We had expansion level goaltending last year, save November, and still finished with 54 wins

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
October 0.893
November 0.953
December 0.893
January 0.890
February 0.889
March 0.848
April 0.894

We had expansion level goaltending last year, save November, and still finished with 54 wins
As a Sens fan I wish we had that goaltending the last 2 years instead of Murray

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
October 0.893
November 0.953
December 0.893
January 0.890
February 0.889
March 0.848
April 0.894

Yeah I mean, Avs had sv% like that in the playoffs and won the cup. People always seem to post these stats, but Campbell was 0.914 in the playoffs, wasn't the reason you lost at the end of the season.

What I'm saying is that in the context of that chart which was an entirely different stat, how is being 2 goals higher than expected, bad? It seems totally fine, other than the fact that he's ranked 68, but then we need to see how many goalies are ahead of him that played like less than 10 games because the chart seems disingenuous having so many guys with miniscule sample sizes on there.

Reactions: HabsQC

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Yeah I mean, Avs had sv% like that in the playoffs and won the cup. People always seem to post these stats, but Campbell was 0.914 in the playoffs, wasn't the reason you lost at the end of the season.

What I'm saying is that in the context of that chart which was an entirely different stat, how is being 2 goals higher than expected, bad? It seems totally fine, other than the fact that he's ranked 68, but then we need to see how many goalies are ahead of him that played like less than 10 games because the chart seems disingenuous having so many guys with miniscule sample sizes on there.
Campbell had an .897 in the playoffs.

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
7- Buffalo (The most mediocre team in the past 20 years)
Mediocre means like, middling. The Sabres had like two seasons where they were good and like 12 where they were absolutely terrible. They're not close to mediocre.

It's about provided value, not ability. If Vasilevskiy were to look like shit and put up an .890 save percentage next year, and then leave, you could reasonably say the Lightning shouldn't have moved him because Vasilevskiy is good and that was a weird fluke, but you couldn't really justify saying the Lightning should be worse than the year before based on losing him, because the year before hew as terrible. Doesn't really matter if the goalies ahead of him were in small samples, the teams got those values.

Anyway, I don't think Murray is very good but I don't know if any other team could replace a guy who was a 29 year old AHLer/backup until a year and a half ago with a 28 year old with two Cup rings and get criticized for it, but here we are.

Campbell had an .897 in the playoffs.

The real killer thing is that Vasilevskiy sucked too. Meanwhile, against Montreal he played well, and Carey Price played like Patrick Roy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad