Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
For years we have been moaning about not having a "top six" in our forward positions. This year we seemingly have six quality forwards however our brilliant coach has decided to split them up to get scoring punch on all four lines. Forsberg and Duchene had career years playing together, but now seem split up. All I see from this supposed coach is line experimenting. Maybe the owners should invite Amy Adams Strunk over for coffee and discuss GM and Coach strategy.

Since the topic is forward ES lines, what has Duchene done at ES that indicates last season wasn't one hell of a deviation from his norm?

6 total goals, on pace for less than half of his output last season. 3 of those are empty net goals (tying his career high), 2 PP goals, 1 5on5 goal ... after scoring 21 last season 5on5, on pace for around 4-5 this season which would be his career worst. He hasn't performed at ES when with Forsberg. He hasn't performed when not with Forsberg. Meanwhile Nino is t-28th in 5on5 goals with 7, Forsberg t-46 with 6.

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Problem is no one can really explain how we are winning. Look at the scores over this run. Wins are 1 goal games, with several being OT wins against some really rough teams, and if we lose we got our butts kicked. It's why no one feels that good about the season or the roster.
No one here can honestly explain why the team was losing earlier in the year. No matter the excuse, complaining about everything is still just complaining.

I haven't been able to watch the last three games so I really can't comment on the actual play of the team but if I were to judge the results of the games from the nonsense here I'd think they had 4 or 5 wins for the season.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
No one here can honestly explain why the team was losing earlier in the year. No matter the excuse, complaining about everything is still just complaining.

I haven't been able to watch the last three games so I really can't comment on the actual play of the team but if I were to judge the results of the games from the nonsense here I'd think they had 4 or 5 wins for the season.
Like I said, pull up the schedule and look at the wins and losses and you will get a bit of an understanding. We barely scrape out wins but loses are just complete shit shows.

This is a discussion board about the games and what fans are seeing. There are some pretty severe underlying issues even if they are getting wins. That is what the complaining is about.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Like I said, pull up the schedule and look at the wins and losses and you will get a bit of an understanding. We barely scrape out wins but loses are just complete shit shows.

This is a discussion board about the games and what fans are seeing. There are some pretty severe underlying issues even if they are getting wins. That is what the complaining is about.
I responded to a very specific thing. You can complain about the top players being "gifted" opportunities and minutes for first 12ish games during a losing streak but don't expect to be taken serious when you complain about those same players not being "gifted" those opportunities and minutes during the next 12ish that are successful in overall result.

I'm not saying there aren't issues with the make up of the team or the coaching staff. Two maybe three weeks ago I was talking about the fact that Hynes hadn't been shy about docking the top guys their minutes and positions in the past and that he was probably hoping they'd snap out of the funk and start producing. If that didn't work I said the coach would start making drastic changes at the 15-20 game mark and that's exactly what happened. Now, (a few weeks later after the coach does what people were wanting) the lines were split and icetime was lowered for certain players and people are fussing about the exact opposite thing. How do you take that seriously?

Find a stance and stick to it.

Honestly, I'd rather win the majority of the games by squeaking them out with the "top" players scattered throughout the lineup than that f***ing trash heap they were for games 2-12 with those players getting whatever icetime and line mates they wanted.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Just wanted to let anyone that's going to the game Saturday know, there's a 5k at 9am at Nissan Stadium, The Rudolph's Red Nose Run.

I don't think it should impact the roads that much, but they are running over the pedestrian bridge and probably some of the parking lots might be limited in spaces.

Also, it's a 5k so it won't last that long, but you know, just making sure people are aware.

Reactions: LCPreds

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I responded to a very specific thing. You can complain about the top players being "gifted" opportunities and minutes for first 12ish games during a losing streak but don't expect to be taken serious when you complain about those same players not being "gifted" those opportunities and minutes during the next 12ish that are successful in overall result.

I'm not saying there aren't issues with the make up of the team or the coaching staff. Two maybe three weeks ago I was talking about the fact that Hynes hadn't been shy about docking the top guys their minutes and positions in the past and that he was probably hoping they'd snap out of the funk and start producing. If that didn't work I said the coach would start making drastic changes at the 15-20 game mark and that's exactly what happened. Now, (a few weeks later after the coach does what people were wanting) the lines were split and icetime was lowered for certain players and people are fussing about the exact opposite thing. How do you take that seriously?

Find a stance and stick to it.

Honestly, I'd rather win the majority of the games by squeaking them out with the "top" players scattered throughout the lineup than that f***ing trash heap they were for games 2-12 with those players getting whatever icetime and line mates they wanted.
When alot of those wins are against bad teams they don't mean much. Some of the others we caught teams on good nights ( back to backs, or 3 games in 5 days type thing ). Like I get being happier winning than losing, but even while winning the team is not playing that well.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
When alot of those wins are against bad teams they don't mean much. Some of the others we caught teams on good nights ( back to backs, or 3 games in 5 days type thing ). Like I get being happier winning than losing, but even while winning the team is not playing that well.
I keep hearing excuses about "bad teams" from you but what is the Preds record since 11/1? I'll answer that, it is 9-5-2 and you're going to tell me it is all bad teams or the Preds got lucky because the other team played too much recently? Last 10 is 7-2-1, have a little perspective.

Holy hell, have some fun. Ya got any jokes to tell?

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Just wanted to let anyone that's going to the game Saturday know, there's a 5k at 9am at Nissan Stadium, The Rudolph's Red Nose Run.

I don't think it should impact the roads that much, but they are running over the pedestrian bridge and probably some of the parking lots might be limited in spaces.

Also, it's a 5k so it won't last that long, but you know, just making sure people are aware.

Thanks. I don’t normally park at Nissan and walk over but was actually planning to do so today. Think I’ll go a different route now.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I keep hearing excuses about "bad teams" from you but what is the Preds record since 11/1? I'll answer that, it is 9-5-2 and you're going to tell me it is all bad teams or the Preds got lucky because the other team played too much recently? Last 10 is 7-2-1, have a little perspective.

Holy hell, have some fun. Ya got any jokes to tell?
Or look at reality and don't just bury your head in the sand. Look at the schedule and then look at the wins and losses. It ain't hard to do.

And no I don't have any jokes, you actually want to talk hockey for once instead of fussing about everyone else doing so?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Or look at reality and don't just bury your head in the sand. Look at the schedule and then look at the wins and losses. It ain't hard to do.

And no I don't have any jokes, you actually want to talk hockey for once instead of fussing about everyone else doing so?
I would refer you back to my original comment on the subject. I was talking hockey and being realistic in pointing out that the season started with top 6 players together, it didn't work and everyone wanted changes, then the coaches made changes and the team started winning but after one loss people want to complain and act like the top 6 wasn't given a chance to perform this season.

You can act like the team hasn't beat any good competition but they have. You should probably also realize that the team was losing to EVERY team, even the bad ones, earlier in the season. I don't know if the team will continue to improve this season but actual reality, not online Pred fan reality, is that the team is getting results now that they weren't during October.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Seems we have an usher in our section now only half the time. I swear people lose their minds when it comes to entering during play when no usher is present. It’s like the only thing separating us from civility and complete anarchy is that cardboard puck in play sign.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I would refer you back to my original comment on the subject. I was talking hockey and being realistic in pointing out that the season started with top 6 players together, it didn't work and everyone wanted changes, then the coaches made changes and the team started winning but after one loss people want to complain and act like the top 6 wasn't given a chance to perform this season.

You can act like the team hasn't beat any good competition but they have. You should probably also realize that the team was losing to EVERY team, even the bad ones, earlier in the season. I don't know if the team will continue to improve this season but actual reality, not online Pred fan reality, is that the team is getting results now that they weren't during October.
I get the feeling you carry a lot of what you think "everybody" is saying over from other forums or boards to this one? :dunno:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Seems we have an usher in our section now only half the time. I swear people lose their minds when it comes to entering during play when no usher is present. It’s like the only thing separating us from civility and complete anarchy is that cardboard puck in play sign.
People playing musical chairs in front of me while the puck is in play pisses me off more than anything else at the arena.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Not to get all doom and gloom, but we're sitting at 11th in the conference right now. Who are going to pass at this point? Let's see.

Winnipeg and Dallas are running away with the division. Can't see them slowing down.

Vegas is a top team this year.

Los Angeles and Seattle are close with us. We have some games in hand, but we need to start winning here soon.

Edmonton is going to make the playoffs. Just too talented not to.

Calgary, I think they will come around. They're having trouble glueing the team together after a turbulent offseason.

Minnesota looks quite strong yet again, but I could see us passing them. They're nothing special.

Colorado is currently out of a playoff spot but once they get their guys back from injuries, look out. Not going to miss.

St. Louis and Vancouver look like a mess this year, if we can't beat them, we're in big trouble.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Long stretch to end the year against mostly bubble teams. Down 3 nhl dmen. Going to have to find ways to win these. Key games against the avs and edmonton. Edmonton (draisaitl) seems to have its way with us recently and with us down 3 dmen i dont have high hopes.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
We have been unusually healthy so far… bit of a danger letting the coach survive this long, now he has an excuse? Although the turnaround a couple years back came with the minor leaguers leading the charge through a wave of injuries. I’ll believe that when I see it though, this team just seems too far gone this year.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We have been unusually healthy so far… bit of a danger letting the coach survive this long, now he has an excuse? Although the turnaround a couple years back came with the minor leaguers leading the charge through a wave of injuries. I’ll believe that when I see it though, this team just seems too far gone this year.
Im alot more confident wading through forward injuries then i am defense. Theres several forwards in Milwaukee id love to see get a shot in nashville. Theres not really any dmen i think are ready. Gravel has atleast been a nhl dman at one point so i guess theres that....

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I want to be patient. We do not know what the injuries are and how it will effect the standings. Also if the Preds suck and are dragging down to 'suck hard for Beddard' territory why do anything? Sun Tsu said; 'If the enemy is defeating themselves, don't stop them.' In the recent trade market, GMs want 1 or 2 year contracts. Here is the list:

1 year UFAs:

McCarron
C. Smith
Janokowski
Lanky

Lanky, I can see getting a low 1st, the rest? Good luck with that. Maybe low picks, VERY low picks. BUT, with injuries comes cap space, which teams are HURTING for. IF, and I repeat IF, the injuries are long term that is LTIR/tradeable contracts. Boro, I think he's done, is a tradeable contract. McD can retroactively go on LTIR if the Preds eat enough cap to go over the cap. Carrier and Lauzon are young and their contracts are small.

2 year UFAs:

Gross
Nino
Trenin

Nino and Trenin could fetch something. Gross, I think is the Boro replacement.

The team is 6 pts from WC and 10th in win% in the west. 13th from last. Also, it's only 25 games in. 57 more to go. We do not know the extent of the injuries and we don't know how bad things are. If you think the Preds need to suck, not that's a 5 year suck you are signing up for. and even then that is not a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad