Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Weren't you (and your sister) at those two games in Europe?

I seem to remember a group picture.
Sure were! The best trip ever and now I'm buds with Terry Crisp who referred to me as 'the sweetest thing ever" to the guy who sits in front of me. Still doesn't keep me from being bored NOW.

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
I know he took a puck in the chops in the second period and never returned. I guess there was more damage than I realized at the time.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Wrist shot directly to the face just under the visor. I suspect he's going to need a significant amount of oral surgery.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Interesting that since our five game losing streak we're 10-5-1 and have the eighth best point percentage , but we have a -1 goal differential over that stretch. Sort of explains why it feels like we're not playing well even though we're racking up points.

The optimistic view is we're still managing to win games even though we aren't playing our best. The pessimistic view is that we're winning a bunch of one goal games and that those games might start to flip the other way eventually.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Interesting that since our five game losing streak we're 10-5-1 and have the eighth best point percentage over that stretch, but we have a -1 goal differential over that stretch. Sort of explains why it feels like we're not playing well oven though we're racking up points.

The optimistic view is we're still managing to win games even though we aren't playing our best. The pessimistic view is that we're winning a bunch of one goal games and that those games might start to flip the other way eventually.
We are actually 6th in conference by points percent. While i dont want to look too far out, dec 12th starts one heck of a slog going to the end of the year. We face STL, EDM, WPG, COL, EDM, CHI, COL, DAL. Thats alot of teams on the bubble that we will be playing.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
That's pretty crazy. Means he almost certainly fractured his maxilla(upper jaw). Will almost certainly need a full cage for a while when he does come back.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Guys, would you say Tanner Jeannot is an important player for the Preds going forward or does the down year change the decision making on him?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Guys, would you say Tanner Jeannot is an important player for the Preds going forward or does the down year change the decision making on him?
Well he still has 50-some games to turn this season back on course. But for sure there's a big difference in the contract you give a guy with 24 goals vs. a guy with maybe 10. He's still an important player either way, but he's leaving a lot of $$$ on the table.... something like a 5x$5M wouldn't have been impossible for him had he kept up last season's scoring pace. Whereas now maybe we are talking more like the Sissons contract? I'd offer him the Sissons contract anyway... today.... and if he instead wanted to bet on himself getting back on his previous pace, I would not blame him one bit.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
He definitely doesn’t look to be the new Tom Wilson like he did last years. The concerning thing is the scoring drought goes back to the last 15 or so games of last season. He did have a crazy high shooting perecentage since coming into the league so a regression isn’t all that surprising there. Our whole team seems to be focused on low event hockey though so lower point totals across the board is going to be a symptom of that too.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Stating the obvious here but even if the team is able to contain TBL last night they continue to struggle to score goals. A low 2 goal average is just not going to cut it. It's also very boring to watch and I find myself selling our tickets for pretty much any excuse at this point.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So has anyone really figured just exactly what Hynes is trying to do with this roster of players? I've assumed it was supposed to be more of a Trotz style of hockey but it doesn't really seem to matter who is on the ice there is constant breakaways, bad transition, and back doors wide open. Either the guys don't get it or there just isn't much to get.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
For years we have been moaning about not having a "top six" in our forward positions. This year we seemingly have six quality forwards however our brilliant coach has decided to split them up to get scoring punch on all four lines. Forsberg and Duchene had career years playing together, but now seem split up. All I see from this supposed coach is line experimenting. Maybe the owners should invite Amy Adams Strunk over for coffee and discuss GM and Coach strategy.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
So has anyone really figured just exactly what Hynes is trying to do with this roster of players? I've assumed it was supposed to be more of a Trotz style of hockey but it doesn't really seem to matter who is on the ice there is constant breakaways, bad transition, and back doors wide open. Either the guys don't get it or there just isn't much to get.
Each size needs size and grit is only thing i have managed to find. Hynes seems to be taking the caveman approach to the game

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The "top 6" started the year together and everyone wanted change because it was horrible to watch and they were losing. Well, it changed and we're still complaining even though the team is winning.

Reactions: Softball99

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The "top 6" started the year together and everyone wanted change because it was horrible to watch and they were losing. Well, it changed and we're still complaining even though the team is winning.
Problem is no one can really explain how we are winning. Look at the scores over this run. Wins are 1 goal games, with several being OT wins against some really rough teams, and if we lose we got our butts kicked. It's why no one feels that good about the season or the roster.

Reactions: LCPreds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad