Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
You guys ever go on vacation and kind of forget how to do your job when you get back? The arbiter has been on vacation for two years so cut them some slack.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
This is getting silly. I tried initially to be caviller about it but the NHL/ NHLPA should be embarrassed about this. One session and they weren’t ready? I hope an explanation is forthcoming.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
This is getting silly. I tried initially to be caviller about it but the NHL/ NHLPA should be embarrassed about this. One session and they weren’t ready? I hope an explanation is forthcoming.
Iron Duke's joke notwithstanding, it would not entirely surprise me if Poile does have the old boys network pull to ask for a delay while he works out a trade. It should be embarrassing for the NHL either way, though, even if the arbitrator just had some bad Taco Bell, it's still ridiculous that it takes what, almost 80 hrs now? But nothing will come of it, because nobody really cares... outside of us.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So the arbiter sided more with Poile than with Trenin...
Yes indeed... the incompetent arbitrator who took 80 hrs for his first case in 2 years. :naughty:

I don't find it any great surprise that the Preds could put together a better presentation to a completely ignorant arbitrator than Trenin's Russian-based agent could. I predicted $1.75M above, so $1.7M is close enough to my expectation from the award.

But I think we're smarter here than that arbitrator and wouldn't be fooled by the Preds' presentation. Trenin is a better player than that. He's actually worth a lot closer to the $2.4M. Unfortunately, he knows it too. :(

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Trenin rolled the dice to go to arbitration and landed on $1.7mil per year. We'll never know how that compares to actual negotiation proposals bounced between the parties before the hearing proposals.

The only question remaining is if we use the second buyout window or not. Then on to camp.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yes indeed... the incompetent arbitrator who took 80 hrs for his first case in 2 years. :naughty:

I don't find it any great surprise that the Preds could put together a better presentation to a completely ignorant arbitrator than Trenin's Russian-based agent could. I predicted $1.75M above, so $1.7M is close enough to my expectation from the award.

But I think we're smarter here than that arbitrator and wouldn't be fooled by the Preds' presentation. Trenin is a better player than that. He's actually worth a lot closer to the $2.4M. Unfortunately, he knows it too. :(
Doesn't matter what he thinks. He is the one that chose to go this route so he's stuck with it for the next 2 years. His value could be 5 million in two years or it could be 750k but that's really up to him.

Reactions: nullednumbed

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

How do you conclude the arbitrator is ignorant? They are professionals in a field governed by rules. Simply deciding in a way you disagree with does not equate to ignorance on their part.

Reactions: Gh24

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Technically nobody in the KHL makes more than $1.5M USD either... although that could be tricky to parse with rapidly fluctuating exchange rates, lack of taxes, cost of living differences in different cities over there, other perks players would get. But suffice to say, even if the highest paid player is in reality pulling down a better lifestyle, Trenin probably wouldn't be in that category of highest paid KHL players yet. His style is better suited to the NA game and at least now he's truly making MORE money than he would in Russia. For the first time in his career.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Iron Duke's joke notwithstanding, it would not entirely surprise me if Poile does have the old boys network pull to ask for a delay while he works out a trade. It should be embarrassing for the NHL either way, though, even if the arbitrator just had some bad Taco Bell, it's still ridiculous that it takes what, almost 80 hrs now? But nothing will come of it, because nobody really cares... outside of us.
On this issue, notwithstanding that the result was just announced, the NHL and by association the NHLPA, do not always operate in the manner a major sports league should. There are still too many “good ole boys” involved in running the league who remember the good old days. This made them seem ill prepared to handle one of their own processes, secretive and perhaps even in violation of their joint agreement. Another strange example is how they run that player discipline group. Got to act like a major league if you’re going to be taken seriously.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
I thought he’d get $2.0 for 2 but $1.7 sounds fair enough based on performance. I think a lot of us, me included, think he can be better and maybe will be better but to date he’s had 1 fair year and is in a “prove it” type contract. Also based on salary, term and potential should be very attractive for a trade. I hope it hasn’t come to that but both Trenin and Poile are probably miffed about this. Be interesting to observe his play.

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
I thought he’d get $2.0 for 2 but $1.7 sounds fair enough based on performance. I think a lot of us, me included, think he can be better and maybe will be better but to date he’s had 1 fair year and is in a “prove it” type contract. Also based on salary, term and potential should be very attractive for a trade. I hope it hasn’t come to that but both Trenin and Poile are probably miffed about this. Be interesting to observe his play.
Wouldn’t shock me at all if Poile trades him.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Wouldn’t shock me at all if Poile trades him.

at 1.7 mil. That's a friggin bargain. IF Poile needs to trade him I'm looking at NYI. Trenin seems like a Lou type of guy. Also NYI needs to strip away cap to make room for Kadri. Preds have cap and a cheap contract. IF, you think the BEAST line needs to be stripped for parts. IF. The contract is a bargain.

I'm more inclined that Trenin says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad