Post a pic of your team's arena banners

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
I'd like Montreal to do exactly that with the Wanderers and the Maroons. They should be remembered and honored.

I'm not so sure about that. The Maroons and Wanderers were rivals albeit a 70+ year old dead rivalry. Could you imagine if the Islanders were to fold next year and then 80 years later, the Rangers org decides to honor the Islanders?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I remember reading that the Maroons, Wanderers and Victorias banners are somewhere in Montreal.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
One thing that's semi-maddening about the PNC Arena banners are the array of "temporary" banners that go up for various things. For instance in Olympic years, we'll put up banners for our players who made their country's rosters and, if memory serves, we do likewise for players who go to the All-Star Game.

2014-02-08_461_lr-S.jpg

It occasionally makes it a little inconsistent, photographically speaking. Also, anybody know if the following banners are still up? It's been awhile since I've sat on the South end where the banners are more readily visible.

• Thomas Thewes memorial banner
  • Decennial anniversary banner
  • 2011 NHL All-Star Game banner

Didn't know about the Olympics thing. Strange...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'm just glad we finally took down the "Inaugural Season" banner. Also, where's #8?

yeah that one and the mighty decade banner were just downright embarrassing. i think the mighty decade one was taken down after the cup win and the inaugural season one shortly after sometime during the burke regime

as for #8, i couldn't find a recent image with all the banners so i just settled for the most recent image of the team banners

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Why does everyone care so much about the Sens hanging the original franchises banners? Honestly does it really matter?

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Why does everyone care so much about the Sens hanging the original franchises banners? Honestly does it really matter?

More about representation. For instance, the LA Lakers have a separate banner that has all the years they won in Minnesota. The championships they won in Los Angeles are all their own banners. So they acknowledge the history of the franchise, but have a separation with the LA team and the Minnesota team. I believe they also have a separate banner for HOFers from the Minnesota era as well.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I'm not so sure about that. The Maroons and Wanderers were rivals albeit a 70+ year old dead rivalry. Could you imagine if the Islanders were to fold next year and then 80 years later, the Rangers org decides to honor the Islanders?
Yes I can imagine. 80 years is a long time, it doesn't even have to be that long. Commemorating rivalries that you had in you own city is really classy. If you don't, who will?
I remember reading that the Maroons, Wanderers and Victorias banners are somewhere in Montreal.
Curious as to where it would be as I don't recall seeing it.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
More about representation. For instance, the LA Lakers have a separate banner that has all the years they won in Minnesota. The championships they won in Los Angeles are all their own banners. So they acknowledge the history of the franchise, but have a separation with the LA team and the Minnesota team. I believe they also have a separate banner for HOFers from the Minnesota era as well.

The banners are separated though. It just seems like nitpicking, I barely notice them during the game.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Seeing all the banners here makes me jealous. Our banners are pretty boring as they're simple white rectangles with our logo on them. Nothing creative about them at all. :laugh:

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Seeing all the banners here makes me jealous. Our banners are pretty boring as they're simple white rectangles with our logo on them. Nothing creative about them at all. :laugh:

Simplicity isn't a bad thing. Especially for a franchise with a winning history like New Jersey.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Yes I can imagine. 80 years is a long time, it doesn't even have to be that long. Commemorating rivalries that you had in you own city is really classy. If you don't, who will?

Curious as to where it would be as I don't recall seeing it.

Can't find it either... :(

This is all I found:

cover_banner_1703.jpg

Seems to be an old photo from inside the Montreal Arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad