Post a pic of your team's arena banners

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
dscf0128.jpg

97_Raptors_Inaugural_Season_Banner_at_Air_Canada_Centre.jpg

10154318_10152050297341769_8187892946467484207_n.jpg

If you don't know what Legends row is, you have to check it out: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/v2/ext/legendsrow/

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Wow, I didn't know Ottawa hung banners for the original Senators. Not sure what to think about that.

imo they are worth putting up to honor that senators team. Also worth having some way to honor finnigan. No other place can really do it except the hockey arena.

If you feel they mean nothing about this iteration of the senators franchise thats fine but in a country where hockey is so important might as well honor some of the greatest teams in history.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Wow, I didn't know Ottawa hung banners for the original Senators. Not sure what to think about that.

I have no problem with it seeing as the team played in the same city.

To me it makes a lot more sense than Dallas having North Star's players banners

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Should Montreal add 31 banners then?

I don't have a problem if they add banners for defunct Montreal teams in their arena. It's no different than the banner they have the for the Expos.

And when Seattle gets a team, I hope they put up a banner for the Seattle Metropolitans. :)

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
imo they are worth putting up to honor that senators team. Also worth having some way to honor finnigan. No other place can really do it except the hockey arena.

If you feel they mean nothing about this iteration of the senators franchise thats fine but in a country where hockey is so important might as well honor some of the greatest teams in history.

I get it, I mean the new senators framed things not just as ¨ottawa needs a team again¨ but rather as ¨bring back the senators.¨ Since the franchise disbanded so quickly after leaving ottawa, its not like anyone else has any claim to that history. On the one hand, it is like the return of the senators so that history should certainly be acknowledged, on the other hand though, hanging banners seems to be claiming a bit too much connection, since ultimately it is a different franchise who played in the same city decades prior who the owners of the 90s just chose to take the same name as.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I have no issue with the Sens honoring the past and hanging up those banners. Even if it WAS 100 years ago. You gotta take into account that despite the Challenge Cup era being often overlooked, it's how professional hockey really got it's start.

Even if it offers merely the illusion of prestige, the fact is that once upon a time the Ottawa hockey club was among the best that the old leagues had to offer. I really do believe that at the time no one would've had words if these banners commemorating their success were hanging from the rafters of the old arenas. If you'd honor it then you ought to honor it now.

Kraniumm

Hanshan
Jan 1, 2015
BC
Montreal's makes it look like a place of worship. (as it should be) Top-notch.

Detroit is great, too.

Joe-Louis-Arena-Ice-Surface.jpg

And I dig that Ottawa honours their hockey history. It is a Good Thing.™

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I feel the Senators should have combined all of the previous franchises banners into one banner. It should be a nod to their history, not a substantial claim of it as their own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad