Post a pic of your team's arena banners

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I feel the Senators should have combined all of the previous franchises banners into one banner. It should be a nod to their history, not a substantial claim of it as their own.

Yeah I would agree with that. It seems like they are only doing it because they are right next to Montreal and Toronto, who are loaded with banners.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Montreal's makes it look like a place of worship. (as it should be) Top-notch.

Detroit is great, too.

Joe-Louis-Arena-Ice-Surface.jpg

And I dig that Ottawa honours their hockey history. It is a Good Thing.â„¢

They look great going sideways vs. vertical running the length of the arena like Toronto's are set up

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
"Western Conference Regular Season Champions"

:laugh:

It annoyed me seeing the Moose had a banner like that in the MTS Centre (and it's still there i think, haven't been in there in a few months) but the Sharks having that banner makes me laugh.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

It annoyed me seeing the Moose had a banner like that in the MTS Centre (and it's still there i think, haven't been in there in a few months) but the Sharks having that banner makes me laugh.

LOL yeah I don't get that. It's not like they don't have plenty of other banners so it's not like they should be desperate to put something up. Plus they had a division banner and the Presidents Trophy (an actual thing) that year. Just seems awkward. Like maybe they were anticipating a Stanley Cup banner and had to do something with it last moment.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

Other teams have it too. But, lolsharkschokerslolamirite??!?!?!?!?!?!..1.1.?!!?1

banner-1-1.jpg
In case you're blind, the far left....

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I kind of wish the Oilers would lose the 'Smythe Division' (x8) / 'Pacific Division' (x1) banners. Those just seem kind of cheap to me. Conference and Stanley Cup champs, yes. Division, no.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I feel the Senators should have combined all of the previous franchises banners into one banner. It should be a nod to their history, not a substantial claim of it as their own.

I'd like Montreal to do exactly that with the Wanderers and the Maroons. They should be remembered and honored.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's even more dumb that the Wings do it. As if they don't already have enough. :p

Also I like the Sharks, didn't mean to imply they were chokers and all that. Just seems like an unnecessary extra one. The Lightning were regular season Eastern Conference champs too, but that'd look weird next to the playoffs one. I also think it's really wordy for a banner. Might as well create ones just for making the playoffs at all ("Finished Second in Atlantic Division for Playoff Berth" banner.)

And yeah it would neat if Montreal did that, kingdok. Love all the history in that arena so it'd fit right in.

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

One thing that's semi-maddening about the PNC Arena banners are the array of "temporary" banners that go up for various things. For instance in Olympic years, we'll put up banners for our players who made their country's rosters and, if memory serves, we do likewise for players who go to the All-Star Game.

2014-02-08_461_lr-S.jpg

It occasionally makes it a little inconsistent, photographically speaking. Also, anybody know if the following banners are still up? It's been awhile since I've sat on the South end where the banners are more readily visible.

• Thomas Thewes memorial banner
  • Decennial anniversary banner
  • 2011 NHL All-Star Game banner

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I kind of wish the Oilers would lose the 'Smythe Division' (x8) / 'Pacific Division' (x1) banners. Those just seem kind of cheap to me. Conference and Stanley Cup champs, yes. Division, no.

I don't mind it, but if the league expands to 32 I would like it to change to no wild cards divisional playoffs, and the teams that win second round series get a divisional banner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad