Possible retro jersey?

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
I always liked the old Devils Den Logo with the Devil Pitch fork stick. Somthin with that and the state silhouette would be cool
evm3weelhgnjjxjprporixufu.gif

devilsden530.jpg

So basically like the Lowell Devils jerseys?

173e02a36908a9bc.jpg

Lowell-Devils-Black-And-Red-Hat-With-Gray-Undervisor-Custom-New-Era-Fitted-Cap-59fifty-1.jpg

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
the problem with designing a third jersey ( besides the red/white/green ) is that do you follow the actual nj devil lore or you go for the satan look ? the strait Lucifer logo will fit aesthetically but the nj myth style will look like dog **** because there is so many variations of it. if they go towards another jersey design i personally think they should stray away from both and dig deep into the history of our state but keep the color scheme

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I really hope they don't add a logo of a devil holding a hockey stick.

If they want another logo they can stylize NJ in a different way but the other logos are way too cartoony.

Techno Devil*

I really hope they don't add a logo of a devil holding a hockey stick.

If they want another logo they can stylize NJ in a different way but the other logos are way too cartoony.

i just don't like it from the stance that those logos become outdated almost immediately. if you look at other teams with essentially mascot logos in other sports, they go through a period of 4 or 5 years where they appear to brutally embody the mistakes of the last decade. Look at all the NBA teams that rebranded this year. I guarantee the hawks will dread incorporating the en vogue nike volt yellow/green in their uniforms. The Panthers looked like a joke, and the Broncos and Titans still look like a joke. they were the first adopters of the early 2000's stylization and refuse to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
i just don't like it from the stance that those logos become outdated almost immediately. if you look at other teams with essentially mascot logos in other sports, they go through a period of 4 or 5 years where they appear to brutally embody the mistakes of the last decade. Look at all the NBA teams that rebranded this year. I guarantee the hawks will dread incorporating the en vogue nike volt yellow/green in their uniforms. The Panthers looked like a joke, and the Broncos and Titans still look like a joke. they were the first adopters of the early 2000's stylization and refuse to change.

What about the old Mighty Ducks jerseys?

They were cartoony but they were amazing and people have wanted them back since Disney sold the team.

Techno Devil*

They were cartoony but they were amazing and people have wanted them back since Disney sold the team.

Good point, but the jury's out whether or not Disney is going to finally release that Devils movie that an entire generation quotes and gravitates around it's nostalgia. :sarcasm:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I still think the old Ducks logo with the new color scheme would have looked pretty cool. The webbed D they have now looks stupid.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You just do what most 3rds do and keep it simple. The only teams doing radical design changes lately are the ones that keep changing their logo or jerseys every 10 seconds.

Most teams keep it simple and just do a different color or use a vintage logo (like the Leafs Bruins and Caps).

Big money on any future third jersey just being the red and greens.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
*IF* we were to do a 3rd jersey, I'd just stick to something extremely simple, like the head of a pitchfork.

And maybe little wing patches on the shoulders like the Av's feet.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
harris and the other guy need to start accepting vapers rights during devils games if they truly want to build a #brand

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Just out of curiosity, how often do other teams wear their 3rd jerseys? Is there usually a rhyme or reason, or is it usually pretty random?

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Not bad, wonder if it would look better with red helmets.

If they ever end up doing something, I agree this doesn't look bad at all

Also agree on the red helmet if paired with such a design

I'd like to see retention of the circular border of the logo though

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Just out of curiosity, how often do other teams wear their 3rd jerseys? Is there usually a rhyme or reason, or is it usually pretty random?

I think the league limits it to 11 uses a year. What games they pick is for the most part random, typically picking at least 1 national televised game to wear it

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
If the team ever went to a black third , I want literally just a black-red flip of the home jersey

This one with the same red lettering , but the normal crest on the front.
ricDN8w.png

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
On the topic of retro jerseys, I just ordered a John Wensink Rockies jersey because the only Chico one I could find was $200. I think breaking them out for a third jersey would be neat but it's probably too similar to the current Avalanche retro.

Techno Devil*

If the team ever went to a black third , I want literally just a black-red flip of the home jersey

This one with the same red lettering , but the normal crest on the front.
ricDN8w.png

I'd lose the red shoulders, add patches. And pair with black helmets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad