Possible retro jersey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
JustinCox-NJ3rd.png

pleassssssssssse

I want to assert my dominance over that jersey

NJ Buffalos? WTF is that thing.

Techno Devil*

If we go 3rd why not honor Newarks hockey history?

I like that the Devils make efforts to be New Jersey's team. Plus, I'm sure my apathy towards Newark's hockey history is shared with others as well.

If they're going to change anything other than the main color, I would rather see them simplify the striping a bit, and possibly add a logo with an outline of the state boundaries.

The vintage look is so hackneyed that its almost mainstream to have cream-colored jerseys. It's something that I've never really liked or understood, for extended use. The fact that the jersey isn't actually from 1968 isn't lost on any of us. Cream should stay reserved for brides over 50 and 1998 Cadillac DeVille's, as both are inherently hideous as it is.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The only other retro/third/alternate jersey I'd like to see is the white version of the red and green throwbacks. Other than that, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Only third I want to see is the red and green with the ORIGINAL logo on it.

New_Jersey_Devils_unused.jpg

Anything else need not apply. Our current logo is to perfect to mess with, easily one of the best in the league.

That or maybe throwback to one of our older teams. Colorado or KC.

Techno Devil*

Only third I want to see is the red and green with the ORIGINAL logo on it.

New_Jersey_Devils_unused.jpg

Anything else need not apply. Our current logo is to perfect to mess with, easily one of the best in the league.

That or maybe throwback to one of our older teams. Colorado or KC.

I like our logo too, but from an aesthetics perspective, I actually think this is an improvement. makes better use of space. http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2015/6/13/flyers-send-email-blast-with-fan-altered-devils-logo

I also thought this was a pretty cool KC Scouts reboot.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I really would not want to mess at all with a third jersey. The St. Patty's day jersey is good enough. Might be cool to see the white version this year, but that's as far as I'd want to go.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
We have one of the nicest jerseys in the league and one of the sharpest throwbacks because we don't wear it often.

Quit ****ing around with the jersey. I hope the new ownership doesnt. It is one thing Lou stuck to his guns about that he is 100% correct.

Most 3rd jerseys are terrible. The ones that are typically the best are the ones that revert to some sort of throwback/nod to the history of the club's jersey. We do that already with the red/white/green. We've only had 1 logo on our jersey, let's keep it that way.

completely agree, our logo is absolute perfection of simplicity and style

so are the jerseys, especially at home

the green throwback is the only other one I'd allow, and sparingly at that
maybe more than once but less than five appearances per season

GhostofKenKlee

How about a Sixers/Devils corporate synergy jersey? For the pending Newark Sixers.

I would still love a euro adoption of one team name across multiple sports.

HArris/Blitzer should buy RBNY and move the sixers up to Newark and start their sporting empire.

Sporting Devils of New Jersey.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'd rather dive in head first.

I ****ing hate the NBA. I'd puke if anything like that ever came to fruition.

Do you mean sixers to Newark? First I'd have to acknowledge that this is absolutely not happening, but if it could? Would be very good for Newark and the arena.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
How about a Sixers/Devils corporate synergy jersey? For the pending Newark Sixers.

I would still love a euro adoption of one team name across multiple sports.

HArris/Blitzer should buy RBNY and move the sixers up to Newark and start their sporting empire.

Sporting Devils of New Jersey.

There have been several attempts to purchase RBNY and Red Bull won't sell. They are committed to the team.

GhostofKenKlee

There have been several attempts to purchase RBNY and Red Bull won't sell. They are committed to the team.

Blitzer is a huge EPL/Soccer fan, they have been trying to buy Aston Villa.

more of a nod to that than anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad