Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I keep seeing people complain about the package we gave up for PLD.

Vilardi is a stud don't get me wrong, but Iafallo is your most average 3rd liner who had a career worst in production this year and Rasmus Kupari who had 1 assist all season.

f*** it, we lost Vilardi but it could've been way worse.
Also, it didn't improve the Jets playoff chances as they were a 1st round exit just like the Kings.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
No on top titty. So PLD is gone. Let’s move on what’s next? All of a sudden we have cap space.

Don't spend any of it yet.

Let Roy walk.

Plug in everything you got starting in preseason starting with biggest long shots first.

Kaliyev, Fagemo, the kids F and D, all get their opportunity.

Adjust until you have lines n pairs that click.

Assess and address area of need before the deadline.

However Blake is under a lot of pressure , expiring next summer.

He will probably do something or somethings.
I'd be fine with bringing back Toffoli as long as the AAV starts with 4.

4M x 3 would be nice.

You gonna pay 4.99?

That's about what it will be/
Are they discounted because they misspelled his name DeBois?

De Blah

Jun 30, 2006
Wowzetta. In Phuket, Thailand and woke at 3:55 AM to take a piss and looked at my phone and saw this notice from The Athletic. Had to do a double take.

View attachment 884652

Oh and yes, I play Sultan + Shepard all night on my bluetooth speaker....chill EDM and good to sleep to. But also good to listen to awake.

I have not slept since and read every post...listened to Jesse + Zach D and the short presser.
Geez, dumb questions and someone that tried to say 'necessitates' 3 times and never could get it right...and someone that kept asking if Blake considered 'releasing Dubois a month ago' and Blake said what do you mean? The guy still didn't move off that and said it 2 more times.
(was thinking buyout? Waive him?)

I'm happy this has ended...cannot imagine another 7 years of this going on..."yes, I need to be better" PLD and talking about transition and learning the system and getting more comfortable.
Someone that gets paid 8.5 M a yr for 8 yrs...shouldn't have to acclimate or learn and the team that signs someone like that, made a mistake.

At least Blake stayed true to the exit interview: 'it's time to get uncomfortable and that starts with ME'....He did the uncomfortable. .said he took the blame and don't blame the player. At least he's taking accountability. BUT, now the fixing this begins. It's interesting that they filled the goalie position this way and now have 23.4 M to work with, UPGRADING PLD for 8.5 M (or however they break that up) into 2, 4 to 4.5 M forwards. Many questions come to mind...(hoping they move on from Roy and none of this $ is for him, Liz, Lewis or Grundstrom)

Kuemper? Hey, no way they were getting out of this, without a 1/3 buyout or taking on another bad contract....and if they could make a 1 for 1 trade and not give up another asset or retain anything, it;s a win. But, it's the next moves that make the difference.

Positives:

1. Kuemper has played here and was 10-1-3 2017-18 and without that record, Kings miss the playoffs, period. Yeah, 7 yrs ago. But at least he won a cup only 720 days ago. He was good in 22-23 and while not good last year, I am sure the last week, (once talks started) the Kings goalie coaches probably watched all 33 of Darcy's games and have an idea how to help him and I expect he'll come in and do the work...good guy, good character, knows many here.
I looked up 'Avalanche Cup run 2022' hoping to see that Darcy beat the Oiler in Western Conf finals, and while they swept the Oil, 4-0, it was Francouz that went 4-0! But Darcy won the finals.
2. Ullmark, Saros, Gustavsson, etc, would cost assets and the Kings are not ready to contend.
If they even got Ullmark, he and his agent would want to extend like 4-6 yrs...that's a non starter.
Blocks Portillo and even Slukynsky. Use this money to get 1 F and 1 D. Ones hopefully under 29 and can play.
3. The room...probably improves....I noticed after PLD came to LA, he went to Dodger games, threw out a ball, etc and then tried to get involved and start his dog charity and build a house...I wonder how many really made relationships w him? I thought Phil, being Quebec ties, would see them hang like Phil and Durzi did...never saw that...AND, it was Laferriere, that became his best friend? Kind of odd...that PLD became best buds with a rookie and not the core group? At least that;s all I saw...THIS will be good for Alex! He can get in with the core more and also be good for Turcotte, Clarke and Akil...as they come in. I think this will be good for Laferriere. To immerse into the BETTER pros and core leadership.
4. QB negotiations. A good thing. They can present Q "we're happy you've done the work and taken such big steps...we see you as a center and know that's your goal" (QB said in his exit that he sees himself as a center) This can only help in negotiations, as he now has the chance at what his goal is. Whether or not it helps the Kings get a favorable deal. QB has to be pleased, that he can get a shot at C.
5. The next 2 weeks, will possibly make or break the next 3-6 years?

Don't need a big name...need big game players that can play, are good teammates and hungry.....and even better, if they hate the Oilers, Ducks, Vegas and Canucks.

2 forwards...or 1 F and 1 D. I see Hronek has set the D market 7.25 M??
I was hoping for a shot at Skjei...or Zadorov...Dillon? Don't bring Marty back.
I would not rule out 1 yr, low $. Character, good shot blocker and good for youth
like Spence and Clarke. Upgrade from Englund. I like Dillon. Need big tough, LHD that will be punishing of Oilers, Ducks, VGK.

Forwards? Heard the Toffoli rumors....geez, are the Kings afraid of players they are not familiar with? Would not be against it...as long as not overpaid in $ or term. DeBrusk? 27 and played with a broken hand...thus the 40 pt PLD level...but had a good playoff. Stephenson? Marchessault?
Teravainen? Trenin? Foegele? Hate the oil...but gotta admit, he's played well and scored 20 this yr...as long as he secretly hates many of his teammates and wants to beat them??
I never liked Marchessault, but never hated him...a 42 goal scorer that made 3.5?
Maybe they do sign Arvy...as long as it's only 2 yrs and NO more than his 4.0 M per. If they won't do that, look to others. Afraid of his health, only.
Looking over the UFA's I'd welcome all of them, compared to PLD!!!!!!!!!!!! F YEAH.

CLEAN SLATE. well...it's a slate with cracks and sharpie marks that won't erase!
No more eff ups. Zero. I honestly HOPE that Luc and Bergevin were not on board with this
deal and Blake told them, "I'm doing what needs to be done..."don't you 2, have a coffee date with Brisson?"

FREE AGENTS:::

Agreed. Sultan + Shepard also is good to listen to after listening to Rob Blake spew nonsense. Brings me from a 9 to a 3.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wowzetta. In Phuket, Thailand and woke at 3:55 AM to take a piss and looked at my phone and saw this notice from The Athletic. Had to do a double take.

View attachment 884652

Oh and yes, I play Sultan + Shepard all night on my bluetooth speaker....chill EDM and good to sleep to. But also good to listen to awake.

I have not slept since and read every post...listened to Jesse + Zach D and the short presser.
Geez, dumb questions and someone that tried to say 'necessitates' 3 times and never could get it right...and someone that kept asking if Blake considered 'releasing Dubois a month ago' and Blake said what do you mean? The guy still didn't move off that and said it 2 more times.
(was thinking buyout? Waive him?)

I'm happy this has ended...cannot imagine another 7 years of this going on..."yes, I need to be better" PLD and talking about transition and learning the system and getting more comfortable.
Someone that gets paid 8.5 M a yr for 8 yrs...shouldn't have to acclimate or learn and the team that signs someone like that, made a mistake.

At least Blake stayed true to the exit interview: 'it's time to get uncomfortable and that starts with ME'....He did the uncomfortable. .said he took the blame and don't blame the player. At least he's taking accountability. BUT, now the fixing this begins. It's interesting that they filled the goalie position this way and now have 23.4 M to work with, UPGRADING PLD for 8.5 M (or however they break that up) into 2, 4 to 4.5 M forwards. Many questions come to mind...(hoping they move on from Roy and none of this $ is for him, Liz, Lewis or Grundstrom)

Kuemper? Hey, no way they were getting out of this, without a 1/3 buyout or taking on another bad contract....and if they could make a 1 for 1 trade and not give up another asset or retain anything, it;s a win. But, it's the next moves that make the difference.

Positives:

1. Kuemper has played here and was 10-1-3 2017-18 and without that record, Kings miss the playoffs, period. Yeah, 7 yrs ago. But at least he won a cup only 720 days ago. He was good in 22-23 and while not good last year, I am sure the last week, (once talks started) the Kings goalie coaches probably watched all 33 of Darcy's games and have an idea how to help him and I expect he'll come in and do the work...good guy, good character, knows many here.
I looked up 'Avalanche Cup run 2022' hoping to see that Darcy beat the Oiler in Western Conf finals, and while they swept the Oil, 4-0, it was Francouz that went 4-0! But Darcy won the finals.
2. Ullmark, Saros, Gustavsson, etc, would cost assets and the Kings are not ready to contend.
If they even got Ullmark, he and his agent would want to extend like 4-6 yrs...that's a non starter.
Blocks Portillo and even Slukynsky. Use this money to get 1 F and 1 D. Ones hopefully under 29 and can play.
3. The room...probably improves....I noticed after PLD came to LA, he went to Dodger games, threw out a ball, etc and then tried to get involved and start his dog charity and build a house...I wonder how many really made relationships w him? I thought Phil, being Quebec ties, would see them hang like Phil and Durzi did...never saw that...AND, it was Laferriere, that became his best friend? Kind of odd...that PLD became best buds with a rookie and not the core group? At least that;s all I saw...THIS will be good for Alex! He can get in with the core more and also be good for Turcotte, Clarke and Akil...as they come in. I think this will be good for Laferriere. To immerse into the BETTER pros and core leadership.
4. QB negotiations. A good thing. They can present Q "we're happy you've done the work and taken such big steps...we see you as a center and know that's your goal" (QB said in his exit that he sees himself as a center) This can only help in negotiations, as he now has the chance at what his goal is. Whether or not it helps the Kings get a favorable deal. QB has to be pleased, that he can get a shot at C.
5. The next 2 weeks, will possibly make or break the next 3-6 years?

Don't need a big name...need big game players that can play, are good teammates and hungry.....and even better, if they hate the Oilers, Ducks, Vegas and Canucks.

2 forwards...or 1 F and 1 D. I see Hronek has set the D market 7.25 M??
I was hoping for a shot at Skjei...or Zadorov...Dillon? Don't bring Marty back.
I would not rule out 1 yr, low $. Character, good shot blocker and good for youth
like Spence and Clarke. Upgrade from Englund. I like Dillon. Need big tough, LHD that will be punishing of Oilers, Ducks, VGK.

Forwards? Heard the Toffoli rumors....geez, are the Kings afraid of players they are not familiar with? Would not be against it...as long as not overpaid in $ or term. DeBrusk? 27 and played with a broken hand...thus the 40 pt PLD level...but had a good playoff. Stephenson? Marchessault?
Teravainen? Trenin? Foegele? Hate the oil...but gotta admit, he's played well and scored 20 this yr...as long as he secretly hates many of his teammates and wants to beat them??
I never liked Marchessault, but never hated him...a 42 goal scorer that made 3.5?
Maybe they do sign Arvy...as long as it's only 2 yrs and NO more than his 4.0 M per. If they won't do that, look to others. Afraid of his health, only.
Looking over the UFA's I'd welcome all of them, compared to PLD!!!!!!!!!!!! F YEAH.

CLEAN SLATE. well...it's a slate with cracks and sharpie marks that won't erase!
No more eff ups. Zero. I honestly HOPE that Luc and Bergevin were not on board with this
deal and Blake told them, "I'm doing what needs to be done..."don't you 2, have a coffee date with Brisson?"

FREE AGENTS:::

Agreed. Sultan + Shepard also is good to listen to after listening to Rob Blake spew nonsense. Brings me from a 9 to a 3.

Sultan + Shepard in Phuket Thailand was the most relaxing thing I've seen all day

Jesus Christ did Ovechkin eat a teammate

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The questions I’d have asked were:

1. Rob, was it easy for you to move on from PLD because he was Luc’s guy.
2. Were you able to do it because Luc weakened his standing with his dumb comments at the end of season presser?
3. If this is true that he was Luc’s guy why didn’t you resign?

Blake at least moved on and I give him credit for not letting pride get in the way of that, although I do think it’d be easier if it wasn’t really his guy. I’m amazed we didn’t have to add or retain. I seriously hope they don’t re-sign Roy but instead use the space to upgrade 3LD and/or add physicality at wing. I also think a long term contract for QB is now on the cards.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
So many things 'Kings' are just comical...the 'Integrity' 'Passion' and 'Do your job'
How about do your job well? One can do their job poorly...even with passion and integrity.
If you just suck at achieving, having lack of vision, lack of know how, astute intuition.
How about excellence? How about winning?
It's almost like 'Serious Hockey' will be run out there and recycled again.
This is the type of branding, when you're failing at most all facets and
cannot even at least 'fail properly' to get into the lottery....I suppose this is being moved, to
bring in yet another FAIL...a regurgitated, thrown up in the mouth a little
and spewed out logo and ugly jersey. Maybe Luc's hair went all white,
overnight,as it had too much color.

But I will say....Brian McLellan is suddenly one of my top 10 favorite LA Kings ever.
He did us a solid today for the organ-eye-zation. Thank you, Brian!

doyourjob.jpg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Things changed with Byfield cementing his 2 season breakout.

Remember you were bagging on him in September.

Putting QB with Kopi and Kempe was a great moved after he initially struggled at C.

Hear the rumbles, I am not big on Toffoli and how much he will get.
So the Kings gave up on Byfield at center without letting him play center therefore making them blow their entire load on obtaining the most toxic available asset out there for a steep price and max contract. Logic ain’t your strong suit is it lol.

I mean if I was going to get a veteran third liner I’d pay the price of that. Not get a third liner at the price of a first liner

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Caps fans have a high tolerance for mercurial forwards who float a lot so PLD is actually a good fit there

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Kuemper/PLD both under performed last season. Kuemper knows he had success before with the Kings(very short term for 20 games) and I'm sure he will want to bounce back being given a chance to be a #1 goalie again(I hate the Caps goalie coach, and you would understand why if you were a die hard Caps fan. Kuemper didn't work well with the goalie coach and I feel that will change for the better with the Kings).

Caps offense was very anemic and PLD gives them a offensive skill set they didn't have last season. PLD finds some chemistry with age 39 OV, then OV breaking the record this season becomes percentage wise more possible, while giving the Caps some offensive punch. There is no argument that PLD attitude was ticking ppl off, but at the same time both TMac/Hiller weren't maximizing on PLD's skill set.
I have to assume that this trade means that Nicklas Backstrom has played his last game. The Caps should rebuild, but can't until OV breaks the record. Getting Dubois gives them some more depth at center for the time being.

The Caps are trapped by Ovechkin's record chase. They should not have made the playoffs this year, and were immediately bounced out in the first round. That's not a good team, and swapping two underperformers with negative value looks to me like a bad move they'll regret for years.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Caps fan coming to say I hope the Kings plan is to buy out Kuemper. You cannot put him on the ice and hope to win. He’s terrible. Carberry wouldn’t even play him in second games of back to backs. Lindgren would play both.

I understand you are happy to get rid of PLD. But if you thing this does anything than make you worse, it will be a long three years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad