Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I get that, but it's not like Lindgren is a spring chicken. I just found out that he is 30 and on his third franchise.
Lindgren was undrafted and signed with the Habs to start his NHL career. He showed some possible promise but was lower on their depth chart. With the Blues, he was lower on their depth chart as well, but went on a 5-0 run with a very good SV% and sub GAA below 2.00. That was all due to injuries to Binnington and the backup(forget his name at the moment). Lindgren becomes an FA and the Caps signed him to be their backup goalie. Kuemper slumped this past season, opening a door that Lindgren took advantage of.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
PLD always reminded me of Penner, just this big framed skilled player that doesn’t seem to enjoy hockey and care to put in the work. Always frustrating that they out muscled against the boards. Difference was Penner at least didn’t have PLD’s cap hit.

Wonder how PLD’s DJing skills are.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Fair enough. You got and unplayable goaltender, we got a locker room cancer.
I dont think hes a locker room cancer. Hes very nice and seemed like the guys like hanging out with him.
On the ice is the problem. He does not want to be a hockey player. He doesnt try. Were talking bare minimum effort every shift. Possibly the worst display of loafing Ive ever seen from a pro athlete in any sport.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Fair enough. You got and unplayable goaltender, we got a locker room cancer.
The Kings have a history with the player and the Kings have a history of turning water in to wine with goalies. They've resurrected his career once and hopefully Mary Magadlene finds the tomb empty again. Also, give the guy a little credit do you know how much shit he has overcome in his life having a girl's name? I am sure he got hourly beatings on the playground.
He's like Colin from Ted Lasso

bfdf723bf8537a6aae2cd084b5b09c9e40893451.gifv

The Kings fill their greatest off season need, save 3.25 million a year, and now we can fill our other greatest need a tough winger.

By chance did you name yourself after this song?

and are you here because Misery loves company?

Last edited:

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
The Kings have a history with the player and the Kings have a history of turning water in to wine with goalies. They've resurrected his career once and hopefully Mary Magadlene finds the tomb empty again. Also, give the guy a little credit do you know how much shit he has overcome in his life having a girl's name? I am sure he got hourly beatings on the playground.
He's like Colin from Ted Lasso

bfdf723bf8537a6aae2cd084b5b09c9e40893451.gifv

The Kings fill their greatest off season need, save 3.25 million a year, and now we can fill our other greatest need a tough winger.

By chance did you name yourself after this song?

and are you here because Misery loves company?

You filled a need by getting rid of a player you coveted. You added nothing to help your goaltending. You added Kuemper, not because you wanted him, but you had no choice

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
You filled a need by getting rid of a player you coveted. You added nothing to help your goaltending. You added Kuemper, not because you wanted him, but you had no choice
What part of they are familiar with him wasn't clear?
The one position the Kings coach well is goalies. Almost every goalie they have worked with got exponentially better here(really the only outlier is Cal Petersen and he didn't go to Philly and get better) and then slowly gets worse after they leave (except quick)

Benier
Jones
Budaj
Campbell
Kuemper

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
What part of they are familiar with him wasn't clear?
The one position the Kings coach well is goalies. Almost every goalie they have worked with got exponentially better here(really the only outlier is Cal Petersen and he didn't go to Philly and get better) and then slowly gets worse after they leave (except quick)

Benier
Jones
Budaj
Campbell
Kuemper
Godspeed. Kuemper will be bought out in a year.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Rank the Kings Biggest flop acquisitions of the last 30 years

PLD
Fuhr
Roenick
Duchesne
Bishop
Ronning
Ronning was here for all of what 14 games and cost them... *checks notes* Jere Kharalti?

Not even the same ballpark

not even the same sport

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Godspeed. Kuemper will be bought out in a year.
and you guys will be suck with Pretty Lazy Dude for 6

He'll how up for one game and give you hope , then loaf for 10. Then have a great game against a bottom feeder and then go back to sucking.
I would much a rather roll the dice on a reclamation project that we have reclaimed before than a never was on his 4th team at 25

Ronning was here for all of what 14 games and cost them... *checks notes* Jere Kharalti?
I always liked Jere Karalahti because saying his name made me feel like I was on vacation ordering the house special

Reactions: Albi

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Kings traded places with the caps going from having to eat a 3 course shit meal for some shit appetizers. Neither are options you WANT to have...but one is a MUCH better option long-term (i.e., over sooner and is less).

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Rank the Kings Biggest flop acquisitions of the last 30 years

PLD
Fuhr
Roenick
Duchesne
Bishop
Ronning
Sekera deserves to be on this list (the answer is PLD first, Roenick second)

Fans of other teams who only saw a couple games or clips of PLD in LA combined with his point total don't realize just how bad it was, it was so much worse. I honestly think PLD is the most hated King is franchise history

Last edited:
Reactions: lumbergh

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Underrated aspect of the trade is that with PLD going East, he now only gets to play the Blackhawks twice instead of three times. Just a warning to Caps fans, that will cut down his ratio of give a crap vs don’t give a crap games pretty significantly.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think the sucky part about that is PLD is actually a very nice guy

If he was an asshole he'd be much easier to turf and root against
You think that’s actually true ? They booted him so fast that i can’t help but think he wasn’t liked

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Wow.

Ding dong the witch is dead 🎶🎵

I'm sorry, anyone saying they wouldn't be surprised to see Dublah score 80 points next season is smoking crack. That dude is done putting in the work. He likely busted his ass in his teenage years to get to this level of hockey but... got the contract, probably got his dad off his back, and now he gets to loaf the rest of his career until he's in the AHL or worse, then pursue his dream of being a Gucci model or some shit.

I also don't see Kuemper being a major contributer either and suspect both contracts should be bought out ASAP.

While Blake's days are still numbered I'm glad he did something to clear the way for a brighter future going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad