Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
If you look at the Washington board it is identical to ours, it's actually quite funny how similar they feel about their front office and future.

All the exact same arguments going on there.

But man... 7 years of Dubois, I'm unsure if they really get it over there.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I dont think hes a locker room cancer. Hes very nice and seemed like the guys like hanging out with him.
On the ice is the problem. He does not want to be a hockey player. He doesnt try. Were talking bare minimum effort every shift. Possibly the worst display of loafing Ive ever seen from a pro athlete in any sport.
I still think that makes him a cancer.. it undermines the coaches and captains to have a guy paid that much mail it in night after night

Reactions: Schmooley

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Godspeed. Kuemper will be bought out in a year.
And if he does he will be in the books for 4 years and not 14. If he doesn’t rebound he can be waived and sent to the minors. It still gives the KINGS 4.25 mil more to work with then if we had PL on the roster.

The cap space for the next 3 years and the freedom from a future 8.5 mil a year in commitments following 4 years is what L.A gained.

If Kuemper falls back anywhere near true form it’s a bonus.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Rank the Kings Biggest flop acquisitions of the last 30 years

PLD
Fuhr
Roenick
Duchesne
Bishop
Ronning

Don’t forget Penner, Kings just got lucky Tuebert stunk. 11 goals in 117 games for the Kings forcing DL to acquire Carter, which actually saved the franchise lol.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Rank the Kings Biggest flop acquisitions of the last 30 years

PLD
Fuhr
Roenick
Duchesne
Bishop
Ronning

Seems like there is a lot more missing, but out of these highlights,

PLD is probably ranked highest then Bishop, solely based on cost....Roenick was a FA I believe, Fuhr cost Zhitnik I believe but we got more than him back, I don't remember the cost for Duschene or Ronning.....but there are some other ones that aren't on there for sure.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Oh it's better than that

So the trade tree becomes

Outgoing
Vilardi
Iafallo
Kupari
MTL 2nd
Durzi
Walker
Grans
Petersen
LA 2nd
PLD

Incoming
2 million+ of Provorov's salary
Hayden Hodgson
Kevin Connauton

AND Kuemper the goalie you waived to start the cycle above

#masterclass

Oh you betcha, he's signing Roy and trading Spence
Yours is the first post with the trade tree which is why I am replying to you RJ… but…

Kuemper was traded…

Also as everyone is including players moved to clear cap and retained salary the net cap space impact needs including. Cap space, as it has proved the last 2 years, is most definitely an asset. I don’t know the number so it could be +/- but if it allows him to sign a big name UFA you’d have to include them later on. Equally if it costs us Arvidsson, for example, you include him as a loss.

I’m mainly saying this as I want someone to answer it for me to save me the time/effort… I’m busy but want to know the answer. It’ll solidify in my mind how badly I feel about losing Vilardi, as that’s my main gripe.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
So the Kings gave up on Byfield at center without letting him play center therefore making them blow their entire load on obtaining the most toxic available asset out there for a steep price and max contract. Logic ain’t your strong suit is it lol.

I mean if I was going to get a veteran third liner I’d pay the price of that. Not get a third liner at the price of a first liner

No Sol.

I do not think they gave up but they felt he wasn't enough to get past Edmonton.

I mean you would do what you would do but its different than hot dog cart.

• Haha
Reactions: Sol

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Ronning was here for all of what 14 games and cost them... *checks notes* Jere Kharalti?

Not even the same ballpark

not even the same sport

It’s in the same dumpster. You come up with trash when you spend most of your time in a waste management facility.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Another angle I think the Caps are taking with PLD is someone to center Ovi. Ovi is close to the goal scoring record. Chasing greatness puts butts in the seats. Kuz is traded and Backstrom is often injured now. So, they need an offensive center. As someone else noted it also puts them toward the cap floor once they decided to turn over the roster and go with young guys.

As far as Kuemper, I have no issues with him. He is a much better option than trading more draft capital or prospects to get out of PLD's contract. At least Kuemper isn't a "top six forward" poisoning your dressing room.

If he doesn't perform Ovi will sit on him and that would lead to LTIR.

Look for a breakout from Dudeblah.

Reactions: fivehole32

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
You could have stopped here for accuracy purposes.
Sol won the internet today

1718916087093.png

• Love
Reactions: psych3man and Sol

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
It’s in the same dumpster. You come up with trash when you spend most of your time in a waste management facility.
There's a difference between finding a discarded banana peel in a dumpster and getting poked in the arm with a dirty needle.

The worst transactions in franchise history had long lasting impacts.

Ronning? Who even cares.

There's a difference between finding a discarded banana peel in a dumpster and getting poked in the arm with a dirty needle.

The worst transactions in franchise history had long lasting impacts.

Ronning? Who even cares.
They MADE the playoffs the year they acquired him.

Was he great? Not even close.

Did acquiring him hurt the organization or cost them a meaningful opportunity to improve?
Not even close.

Reactions: BigBrown

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kovalchuk was the worst.
Bruh Kovalchuk was used the worst. Dude was killing it until they shafted him. He was leading the team for a short bit in production then they moved him around on some obscure lines as well as the most idiotic powerplay formation I have ever seen.

Kovalchuk does not belong on the list. Kovalchuks issues were mostly coaching related and he didn’t cost any assets nor was his contract bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Kovalchuk was out of his prime and he was purely a powerplay demon at that point… now where was Kovalchuks amazing one time placed on the powerplay. Screening the f***ing goalie/ low tip.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yours is the first post with the trade tree which is why I am replying to you RJ… but…

Kuemper was traded…

Also as everyone is including players moved to clear cap and retained salary the net cap space impact needs including. Cap space, as it has proved the last 2 years, is most definitely an asset. I don’t know the number so it could be +/- but if it allows him to sign a big name UFA you’d have to include them later on. Equally if it costs us Arvidsson, for example, you include him as a loss.

I’m mainly saying this as I want someone to answer it for me to save me the time/effort… I’m busy but want to know the answer. It’ll solidify in my mind how badly I feel about losing Vilardi, as that’s my main gripe.

Oh I'm sorry, Kuemper wasn't waived, he was traded for nothing. Actually worse than nothing since Toby Reider effective Athanasiou'ed us out of a series by completely losing his guy on a faceoff.

The net cap space is at best the difference between PLD and Kuemper's salaries

at worst, with projected salaries had players stayed on the kings, it's actually negative.

Frankly, I don't think you can be like "well this trade got us some cap space" anyway when the cap issue was self created, and solved by dumping positive assets. I"m not gonna clap for you changing your clothes after you shit yourself, especially when you immediately shit in the next pair of shorts and repeat.

And hell if it allows us to sign a big name FA we should all be terrified, not pleased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad