Confirmed with Link: PLD to the Kings for Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari and a 2nd in 2024 (orig Mtl’s pick)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Or more likely he wasn't getting the kinda offers of Montreal that he expected and was worried about being stuck here for another year so decided to expand his horizons.

He will 100% get booed. Trouba got booed and he created less trouble. Also reading the internet Habs fans are also planning on booing him when he plays at the Bell Center. This guy will be booed in 3 buildings next season, Winnipeg, Columbus and Montreal... not sure if that's happened before.

Trouba created less trouble? Hardly.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I get that - to each their own... I go to about 8-9 games a year, 3-4 that I pay for the tickets, and the rest are comps, usually in a private box, which I appreciate. I feel I'm entitled to cheer when they deserve it and boo when they suck. When I shell out $300 for an evening with my wife at a Jets game and the effort appears to be lacking, I express my displeasure and don't feel bad for doing so. And I doubt the players lose sleep at night when the crowd expresses displeasure at their performance.

Interesting. Honest question when you express your displeasure by booing is it an impulse or with intention? What do you get out of it (l am legitimately curious).

I tend to verbalize my thoughts even if I don’t want to at live games and it drives me crazy.

When it comes down to our team seemingly legitimately not competing my reaction has been to buy way less tickets, stop PVRing, no longer watch them on the NHL package when I’m travelling, and just focus on things that bring me joy not pain.

Watching Scheifele half ass it around the rink leading up to Maurice quitting in 2021-22 made me need to take a sanity break from the Jets. I stopped posting here and stopped watching games that season. Sadly it carried over to this season and I might have watched 20 games maybe less. I was really busy this year but in the past I found a way.

I thought a new coach might help and it did for a while but when our team quit competing again this past season I took another break. I was pissed off at season end player media availability day and I remain extremely ready to move on from 4 guys who also want change.

Even if the last of the transition takes until the trade deadline as long as it happens.

Perhaps I should just try booing to let it out :laugh:

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In the grand scheme of things absolutely. Trouba didn't quit on his team nor ask to be traded out of two markets.

I don't care what PLD did in CBus. Each got out of Wpg once.
PLD didn't hold out at contract time. PLD didn't limit himself to one destination so that we couldn't get much in return.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I don't care what PLD did in CBus. Each got out of Wpg once.
PLD didn't hold out at contract time. PLD didn't limit himself to one destination so that we couldn't get much in return.

Well, PLD did sort of hold out at contract time: he was hoping to get offersheeted (pure speculation on my part) and signed his QO on the last day.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Just watched some highlights of Vilardi, Iafallo and Kupari on youtube. Man, we are blessed with this return.
All 3 look great! Vilardi has an amazing release and scores some wicked goals! Iafallo can play as a complementary piece in our top 6 or as a solid top 9! Kupari has alot of skill and looks great on the PP in LA when given a chance!

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Just watched some highlights of Vilardi, Iafallo and Kupari on youtube. Man, we are blessed with this return.
All 3 look great! Vilardi has an amazing release and scores some wicked goals! Iafallo can play as a complementary piece in our top 6 or as a solid top 9! Kupari has alot of skill and looks great on the PP in LA when given a chance!
Link to these highlights? Just on YouTube?

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
Interesting. Honest question when you express your displeasure by booing is it an impulse or with intention? What do you get out of it (l am legitimately curious).

I tend to verbalize my thoughts even if I don’t want to at live games and it drives me crazy.

When it comes down to our team seemingly legitimately not competing my reaction has been to buy way less tickets, stop PVRing, no longer watch them on the NHL package when I’m travelling, and just focus on things that bring me joy not pain.

Watching Scheifele half ass it around the rink leading up to Maurice quitting in 2021-22 made me need to take a sanity break from the Jets. I stopped posting here and stopped watching games that season. Sadly it carried over to this season and I might have watched 20 games maybe less. I was really busy this year but in the past I found a way.

I thought a new coach might help and it did for a while but when our team quit competing again this past season I took another break. I was pissed off at season end player media availability day and I remain extremely ready to move on from 4 guys who also want change.

Even if the last of the transition takes until the trade deadline as long as it happens.

Perhaps I should just try booing to let it out :laugh:
This attitude, which is completely valid by the way, perfectly explains why we have seen so many empty seats so far this season. But that attitude is changing back now. I expect the seats to be filling up again right after Xmas . This team is legit

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
This attitude, which is completely valid by the way, perfectly explains why we have seen so many empty seats so far this season. But that attitude is changing back now. I expect the seats to be filling up again right after Xmas . This team is legit
Interest rates getting lower people may have some freed up cash

Light at at the end of the tunnel

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Wow you dug up an old post my friend :laugh:

This Jets team has off nights when they don’t look sharp but for the most part they compete hard night in night out and that is all I can ask for as a fan. Win or lose I find this team much more likable than any team since 2018-19. I expect it will continue to translate into more ticket sales.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Kings' fans are not at all happy with PLD and the management that traded for him.
Here are some random comments about PLD by Kings' fans.

What’s the over under PLD is bought out within 3 years?

The broadcast is making as much noise as PLD has for the past two months. (audio wasn't working)

He has been a massive disappointment and has regressed since training camp. Low compete level, invisible most nights. He has been arguably the teams least impactful player - the only competition being a career AHL/13th forward in Anderson-Dolan, who at least competes. I have watched him throughout his career, this seasons efforts are on par with the worst points of his career.

He isn't snake bitten, there just aren't any chances at all. It comes across as lazy and disinterested.

Dubois just sucks.

The $8.5m for a guy who has effort issues sure is baffling.

Gabe only got a 6.8 mil 2 year extension from Winnipeg? And Kings sign PLD for 8.5?

I have no issue saying that Vilardi was the best player of the draft, Byfield included. I can’t imagine why we gave that guy up for a loser with effort issues in PLD. (wowzers!)

$8.5m a year are usually reserved for yearly all star players. Not guys struggling to score 60 points a season who don't do anything else. I can't imagine many teams would even think of offering him that much.

He was a dumb ass when he traded Vilardi for someone of PLDs caliber when Vilardi still had a high ceiling without the laziness of PLD.

Trading Vilardi is the biggest mistake of this franchise especially for someone like PLD.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Kings' fans are not at all happy with PLD and the management that traded for him.

The broadcast is making as much noise as PLD has for the past two months. (audio wasn't working)

He has been a massive disappointment and has regressed since training camp. Low compete level, invisible most nights. He has been arguably the teams least impactful player - the only competition being a career AHL/13th forward in Anderson-Dolan, who at least competes. I have watched him throughout his career, this seasons efforts are on par with the worst points of his career.

He isn't snake bitten, there just aren't any chances at all. It comes across as lazy and disinterested.

Dubois just sucks.

Gabe only got a 6.8 mil 2 year extension from Winnipeg? And Kings sign PLD for 8.5?

I have no issue saying that Vilardi was the best player of the draft, Byfield included. I can’t imagine why we gave that guy up for a loser with effort issues in PLD. (wowzers!)

$8.5m a year are usually reserved for yearly all star players. Not guys struggling to score 60 points a season who don't do anything else. I can't imagine many teams would even think of offering him that much.

He was a dumb ass when he traded Vilardi for someone of PLDs caliber when Vilardi still had a high ceiling without the laziness of PLD.

Trading Vilardi is the biggest mistake of this franchise especially for someone like PLD.
Thanks for the recap of the Kings' board. I think we are all very happy how this has all worked out. Somehow Chevy moved on from 2 underachievers in Laine and PLD and turned them into a player in Valardi with a potential to be more impactful than either, plus 2 other roster players in Iafallo and Kupari plus a high 2nd round pick.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Dubois just sucks.

I like the first one - I honestly think he is disinterested - he has his money and a preferred climate, and that was what it was all about.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Thanks for the recap of the Kings' board. I think we are all very happy how this has all worked out. Somehow Chevy moved on from 2 underachievers in Laine and PLD and turned them into a player in Valardi with a potential to be more impactful than either, plus 2 other roster players in Iafallo and Kupari plus a high 2nd round pick.
I wish Laine could have been a superstar here, but it was just not meant to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad