Confirmed with Link: PLD to the Kings for Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari and a 2nd in 2024 (orig Mtl’s pick)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
PLD will have his hot streaks where everyone will love him, but there is far too many stretches like now where he is invisible and contributes nothing.

Not at all unhappy that he's gone.
No points again last night, 12 points in 28 games, Iafallo has 15 points and Vilardi has 10 in 13 games. :laugh: Its lucky for LA they apparently don't need Dubois to win games.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
No points again last night, 12 points in 28 games, Iafallo has 15 points and Vilardi has 10 in 13 games. :laugh: Its lucky for LA they apparently don't need Dubois to win games.

The trade isn't really that bad for them as they needed to get rid of Iafallo anyways and they have Byfield who has mitigated any loss of Vilardi. It doesn't really hurt them due to how deep they are, only way it's problem for them is if this is the new normal for PLD and he is this player once Kopitar retires which I doubt. In the long run with decent linemates, he'll be a 60 point player and they'll be okay.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The trade isn't really that bad for them as they needed to get rid of Iafallo anyways and they have Byfield who has mitigated any loss of Vilardi. It doesn't really hurt them due to how deep they are, only way it's problem for them is if this is the new normal for PLD and he is this player once Kopitar retires which I doubt. In the long run with decent linemates, he'll be a 60 point player and they'll be okay.
I think at this point he is what he is, an inconsistent 60 point center in a good year. Nor sure you can win with that as your number 1C. But maybe the plan is to move Byfield back to C at some point and PLD at 2C isn't so bad.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
PLD will have his hot streaks where everyone will love him, but there is far too many stretches like now where he is invisible and contributes nothing.

Not at all unhappy that he's gone.
I have a hard time remembering when PLDud was good for the Jets, what was it one playoff series!?

Reactions: GNP

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Closet theory… Kings seemed like they had a pretty good room/leadership group. Probably were right and close with guys like AI and Vilardi Party. PLD throws a fit, gets sent to LA. Guy is not one of those guys; inconsistent and lacks passion often.. maybe he’s not fitting in the room and his team is responding to his play and commitment.

Reactions: Guardian17 and GNP

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Wonder if Kings vans have discovered this. Be a real pity if they learned about it just before Christmas.

I have seen the Kings forum twice this week. To say they never cared for the PLD trade, is an understatement. I've read comments from two months ago, from fans stating that they thought Vilardi could be as good as or better than PLD, if he could stay healthy. Some have even said a 1-for-1 trade (PLD-Vilardi) would have been a win for the Jets, considering PLD's salary.

This is saying nothing of the loss of Iafallo, Kupari, and a 2024 2nd round pick.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
I have seen the Kings forum twice this week. To say they never cared for the PLD trade, is an understatement. I've read comments from two months ago, from fans stating that they thought Vilardi could be as good as or better than PLD, if he could stay healthy. Some have even said a 1-for-1 trade (PLD-Vilardi) would have been a win for the Jets, considering PLD's salary.

This is saying nothing of the loss of Iafallo, Kupari, and a 2024 2nd round pick.
I'm not knocking them, but I don't think Kupari or Iafallo have much trade value. Kupari is bordering on waiver wire. Iafallo is better, but makes too much for the flat cap.

I'm ok with PLD for Vilardi and a high 2nd though.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Thought if Vilardi could stay mostly healthy this would be a good trade for Winnipeg.

Kings are pushing the chips in though so if it works then i dont think they really care if Vilardi is a better scorer and they get more value with Iafallo 2nd Kupari added to the grand scheme.

For the Jets the added bonus is getting rid of a poor attitude and work ethic on too many occasions along with a huge salary attached to that. With Dubois and Wheeler out of the room it seems the Jets have shifted the culture to a much tighter workmanlike team and will be able to make use of the cap savings to secure players that want to be Jets.

Well done Chevy from a position of weakness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad