Playoff Watch 2021

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Following up on my prediction in the GDT, I’m going out on a limb and say that we miss the playoffs and end up with the 8th overall pick.

Dec 15, 2002
Arizona is probably going to go 5 up after tonight.

Don't worry, we'll have 2 games in hand so ...

Armstrong.gif

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'm not ready to call it quits just yet. At the moment, I've got my sights on the Coyotes game on the 17th being the point where I could possibly throw in the towel. Depending on how we play these next few games, it could be sooner. I believe the next 3-6 games will decide the season.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm not ready to call it quits just yet. At the moment, I've got my sights on the Coyotes game on the 17th being the point where I could possibly throw in the towel. Depending on how we play these next few games, it could be sooner. I believe the next 3-6 games will decide the season.
Can't wait that long. Trade deadline is April 12th.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
At this point, I am resigned to the playoff watch being a literal interpretation of those words.

I watch this team from afar, so pardon any observations that show that level of ignorance. But I have seen no evidence, in the results, highlights, or games I have seen that this team will gel heading down the stretch. Some of that I can slough off to injuries, but I am left wondering if our roster is just a collection of talent that simply can not click for whatever reason.

My main complaint is what I see around our own net. But it also looks like the players have no feel for what each other is doing. Sometimes, all it takes is for somebody to be the spark, but I don't see 1) where that spark would come from at this point, and 2) whether there is anything to ignite if somebody should play that role.

In some ways, I wonder if the organization tried too hard to not be complacent after 2019. In some cases, it was like we made moves to simply make moves. While standing still will get a team overtaken, so will a few comings and goings that result in negative effects. I don't even dislike the players they added, I just wonder how they fit into the grand scheme. Or whether there is a grand scheme.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I've always been concerned with the chance of Los Angeles catching the Blues in the standings. What I didn't think would happen would be that it was for 6th place. Yet with the schedule being what it is, there's a very real chance of the Blues finishing ahead of only the pathetic Ducks in the West. The question becomes, how low can they sink in the standings? LA and San Jose have a lot of winnable games left on their schedules. The North has three terrible teams (Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa), the East has the Sabres & Devils, and there's an outside chance of only the Wings in the Central being a worse club than the Blues by year end...so the Blues could end up picking... top-8? Hell, if they do something monumental like lose 13 of their last 18, really the only teams they realistically have no chance of "catching" in the standings would be Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit.

Who amongst us would have thought the Blues could potentially be keeping that kind of company by end-of-season?:surrender

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
I've always been concerned with the chance of Los Angeles catching the Blues in the standings. What I didn't think would happen would be that it was for 6th place. Yet with the schedule being what it is, there's a very real chance of the Blues finishing ahead of only the pathetic Ducks in the West. The question becomes, how low can they sink in the standings? LA and San Jose have a lot of winnable games left on their schedules. The North has three terrible teams (Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa), the East has the Sabres & Devils, and there's an outside chance of only the Wings in the Central being a worse club than the Blues by year end...so the Blues could end up picking... top-8? Hell, if they do something monumental like lose 13 of their last 18, really the only teams they realistically have no chance of "catching" in the standings would be Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit.

Who amongst us would have thought the Blues could potentially be keeping that kind of company by end-of-season?:surrender
The only reason I'm not too concerned about that possible reality is that unlike those teams, ours wouldn't be a permanent situation.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

It's so unfortunate that this year isn't a great year to draft. we could have won the lottery next year and gotten freakin Shane Wright.

Dec 15, 2002
It's so unfortunate that this year isn't a great year to draft. we could have won the lottery next year and gotten freakin Shane Wright.
Trade our 1st-round pick this year to someone we think is going to be total shit next year and get their 1st-round pick for '22
Hope they win the lottery next year
Profit

Reactions: Louie the Blue

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
With the Kings coming back to beat Arizona 4-3, abd a huge win tonight for the Blues against VGK, we are now only 3 points off of Arizona for a playoff spot.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Pos
Team
PT+GRRWROWMax PTS
Colorado
+17
Vegas
+14
Minnesota
+12
Arizona
+3
St. Louis
+1
San Jose
E
Los Angeles
Anaheim
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Much to Ted’s chagrin, the Blues have a game in hand vs Arizona. If the Blues hadn’t given the Coyotes so much life by allowing them so many points in the season series, there wouldn’t be a playoff race in the division if you inverted that series result. The one remaining game between the two teams may end up mattering a lot.

Thanks to the Kings for the 3 goals in the 3rd to get a regulation win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad