Playoff Watch 2021

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Found this somewhat interesting. Blues and Coyotes share game days the rest of the way except two games next week and two games in hand Blues have at the end of the schedule. Also have back to backs scheduled for the same weekends.

upload_2021-4-14_9-13-49.png

upload_2021-4-14_9-14-26.png

Dec 15, 2002
Found this somewhat interesting. Blues and Coyotes share game days the rest of the way except two games next week and two games in hand Blues have at the end of the schedule. Also have back to backs scheduled for the same weekends.
Assholes, copying off of us. We should get their 1st round pick they've already forfeited for something else.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Got some help yesterday. Kings coyotes and sharks all lost.

We by no means have easy road to make playoffs but the teams chasing us aren't that good so it might not take that great of a record down the stretch to make it in.

Coyotes have some key injuries. Darcy jumper suffered a setback and raanta did not look 100% on his return from injury. If raanta isn't fully healthy, then goaltending is a major problem for them with kuemper already out.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
For the right to get stuffed into a locker by the Avs? Can't imagine why :sarcasm:
Nobody from our division is winning the cup anyways, might as well take the playoffs if we arnt getting a top 5 pick.

Dec 15, 2002
Let's do it just for appearances, assuming Minnesota somehow doesn't blow a 5-1 lead against San Jose:

Pos
Team
PT+GRRWROWMax PTS
Colorado
+21
Vegas
+19
Minnesota
+14
St. Louis
+1
Arizona
E
Los Angeles
San Jose
Anaheim
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The order as we've been doing it misses that Arizona is a point up on us in the standings and has the 1st tiebreaker (RW) on us - meaning, they're really 2 points up on us. If somehow we ended up tied on points, RW, ROW and total wins, Arizona beats us on head-to-head. Thus, we should assume we need to be absolutely ahead of the Coyotes on points at the end of the season, and that a tie goes to Arizona.

Our remaining schedule:
Minnesota x5
Colorado x3 [counting one game still to be rescheduled]
Anaheim x2
Vegas x2
Los Angeles x1

Arizona's remaining schedule:
Minnesota x2
Los Angeles x3
Vegas x2
San Jose x4

For those harboring delusions of us going on some 13-0-0 run and Colorado/Vegas utterly shitting their pants so we can win the division: between Colorado and Vegas, one of them is guaranteed to get to 66 points because they play each other twice. If it's Colorado, they'll beat us on RW. We're not mathematically out, but we're virtually there.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'm still optimistic. We're only 1 win out of a playoff spot. I think if we just go .500 here on out we have a good shot at making the playoffs, assuming Arizona doesn't go on a tear.

And anything can happen in the playoffs. I bet you whoever matches up against us will not be thrilled about it. I don't mind being the underdogs.

Dec 15, 2002
There's a couple ways to look at where we need to land:

1. Figure out what you think Arizona will do the rest of the way, figure we'll have to be a point better, look at our schedule and figure out where we're going to get those points.

2. Figure out what you think we'll do the rest of the way, figure out what you think Arizona is going to do the rest of the way, see if we beat them on points.

If we need 58 points (what I'd guess it will take right now), that's 7-6-0 the rest of the way. That's asking a lot for a team that hasn't won 7 in 13 or fewer since early March when we were playing Arizona, Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
There's a couple ways to look at where we need to land:

1. Figure out what you think Arizona will do the rest of the way, figure we'll have to be a point better, look at our schedule and figure out where we're going to get those points.

2. Figure out what you think we'll do the rest of the way, figure out what you think Arizona is going to do the rest of the way, see if we beat them on points.

If we need 58 points (what I'd guess it will take right now), that's 7-6-0 the rest of the way. That's asking a lot for a team that hasn't won 7 in 13 or fewer since early March when we were playing Arizona, Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose
they seem to have Minnesota's number for whatever reason. We need to win 3-4 of the last 5 vs Minny IMO

Colorado is a crapshoot, depends on what type of officiating we get. If its like it was last week, we will go 0-3 vs em.

Reactions: HighNote

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I have not seen much to refute my earlier statement that playoff watch pretty much describes what we need to prepare for. I raised my eyebrows on their three game "mini" tear, with the hopes that maybe, just maybe, they were starting to gel as a group. But I really did not get my hopes up, and I am glad I didn't.

The truth is, this roster may just not be able to develop an identity. I have seen collections of players before that did not reach their potential. It has happened here a few times. I'm not saying we should have kept the "old gang" from 2019 together, because that usually ensures a slow fade. It would not have been possible, anyway. But, in a lot of cases I was left thinking we made moves just to avoid standing still. The result may just be a roster than can't gel and can't play Berube's game.

If we make it to the playoffs, it is going to be because the bottom five teams in the West collectively played like the Keystone Kops down the stretch. So far, all five are holding up their end of that bargain, including us save for the three outlier games recently.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
The Blues will have 4 games in hand on Arizona before we take this ice Thursday. Rooting for the Wild to win in regulation tonight and Wednesday!

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
The Blues will have 4 games in hand on Arizona before we take this ice Thursday. Rooting for the Wild to win in regulation tonight and Wednesday!
The Blues have a decent shot at the playoffs, but if we make it, it's likely cuz Arizona choked and not cuz we earned it.

It seems most the teams are playing like they don't want the 4th spot, although Arizona did step up against us. We could have come close to putting a lot of breathing room between us and yotes but we choked after that 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad