Playoff Race Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
We're talking about the Leafs and the Playoffs here dude.

I dont care if we went 41-0 on the road in the Regular season....I'd still be scared ****less playing on the road in the playoffs

It still doesn't concern me, last year look at what Columbus did to the Bolts in the playoffs, same with what the Hurricanes did to the Caps. In the West, the Stars barely make the playoffs and take out the Preds, same thing with the Avs.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion but that's my opinion, it's been shown over and over, just make the playoffs and anything can happen, last year was the best example of that.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
It still doesn't concern me, last year look at what Columbus did to the Bolts in the playoffs, same with what the Hurricanes did to the Caps. In the West, the Stars barely make the playoffs and take out the Preds, same thing with the Avs.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion but that's my opinion, it's been shown over and over, just make the playoffs and anything can happen, last year was the best example of that.

I understand anything can happen and understand where you're coming from.

But the last 4 playoffs, we started off on the road in all 4. And lost all 4.

Home Ice is huge and it doesnt look like we're gonna get it unless Tampa decides to slow down

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015

Home Ice is huge and it doesnt look like we're gonna get it unless Tampa decides to slow down

I would prefer starting at home also but I'm more concerned about making the playoffs in the top 3 in the Atlantic rather than a WC spot. BTW, it's been 3 playoff years (Caps, Bruins, Bruins), not 4. My dream is to make it just like last year where TB finishes first and we play the Bruins in the first round and we sweep them. Hey it's like the Caps finally beat the Pens in the playoffs and went on to win the cup that year.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Barkov hurt as well. Not that I'd cheer for an injury to anyone....but it definitely changes the landscape if he's out for any time.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm not worried about making the playoffs.

There are three spots available at worst if you think Tampa is not catchable.

All we have to do is be top 3 among Florida, Carolina, Columbus, Philly and ourselves.

If we can't do that, don't think we deserve to be in the playoffs. The way we are playing since Keefe was hired, we will have no problems making the playoffs.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Biggest thing with watching any playoff race... it makes it exciting no doubt... but no other team really matters... Leafs just have to keep winning.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013

Despite starting on the road, the Leafs gained home ice advantage against the Caps (2-1 heading into Game 4) and Bruins (2-1 heading into Game 4). Heck, last year they had a chance to clinch the series in Game 6 at home and blew it. Home ice can be an important element to winning a series, yes, but I would argue that home ice wouldn't have made a difference in many of these outcomes.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
florida goes on an absolute tear.....ends up losing ONE game like any normal team will do and immediately is out of a playoff spot.

The east is like getting into harvard this year. west is community college.

Reactions: Gabriel426 and Smif

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
What is the record since keefe took over now and what are the updated odds of making the playoffs?

Since Keefe took over, our boys have a record of 19-7-3 for a .707 winning rate which extends to 83.4 points for the 59 games that Keefe will have coached. Add that to the 22 points (9-10-4) we had with Babcock and it comes to 105 points for the season.

We have to win the next 4 cause after the Panthers, we play the Rags, Ducks, and Habs. Even after that we play a sinking Arizona team (1 win out of last 9 games) followed by Dallas. But after that again it's the Sens and Sabres. Then we play the Pens twice so we better rack up the points against these non-playoff teams before playing the Pens.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Since Keefe took over, our boys have a record of 19-7-3 for a .707 winning rate which extends to 83.4 points for the 59 games that Keefe will have coached. Add that to the 22 points (9-10-4) we had with Babcock and it comes to 105 points for the season.

We have to win the next 4 cause after the Panthers, we play the Rags, Ducks, and Habs. Even after that we play a sinking Arizona team (1 win out of last 9 games) followed by Dallas. But after that again it's the Sens and Sabres. Then we play the Pens twice so we better rack up the points against these non-playoff teams before playing the Pens.

The .707 point% is essentially a top-3 team in the league minimum and would have been good for 2nd overall the last 3 seasons.

Right now we're a middle-of-the-pack team defensively and the clear best team in the league offensively all under Keefe.

There is a significant gap between us and 2nd place in terms of GF. We're currently scoring 3.97 GF a game and 2nd place is Colorado with 3.66, followed by Tampa at 3.59. Not that this should come as any shocker, looking at our forward group we should be the best team in the league offensively. Babcock had a way of deflating expectations due to how bad of a coach he was.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
florida goes on an absolute tear.....ends up losing ONE game like any normal team will do and immediately is out of a playoff spot.

The east is like getting into harvard this year. west is community college.

The Canucks being 2nd in the West says it all. Unreal how one of those teams in the Pacific will likely be in the WCF this year, really shows how god-awful this playoff format is.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Despite the Islanders hot start in October and November with Columbus winning today that dropped them from 3rd in the Metropolitan to the 1st Wild Card spot. Personally I hope to see them miss the playoffs considering how toxic their fans are.

Was just gonna post this. Lol. Would be such a nice gift to see them somehow miss the playoffs. If only somehow the Oilers start to slip too. Calling those fan bases toxic is a compliment.

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad