Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Getzlaf is a stud. Ducks-Pens finals please, those are clearly the two best teams. I want to see Getzlaf and Perry vs Malkin and Sid. Kesler trying to lock down Sid like it's the 2010 Olympics. I want to see if the Pens can be the first team to repeat as cup champs since the 96-98 Red Wings. If the Pens do repeat then Pittsburgh>Chicago when comparing their mini dynasty's.

And Laviolette is a turd and disrespectful punk. I'll never hope a team he coaches wins another cup. Watching that smug jack ass win one undeserving cup was sickening enough, no way do I want to see a second. And if yet another team established in the 90's wins a cup before Buffalo I am pretty sure that the Sabres will never win a cup until the team no longer exists. We've already had the Ducks, Hurricanes, Lightning and Avalanche as teams established in the 90's that have won cups already. We've been around since 1970 and have a measly two runner ups to show for it. Imagine a 10 year old kid in Buffalo back when the Sabres were founded. He'd be nearly 60 today with only two losing cup finals appearances where we lost in 6 games. That makes me feel real bad for anyone who was around back in 1970 when this team came into existence. I don't think I'll see a cup win in my lifetime and I was born in the mid/late 80s.

Hey! Stop using me as an example w/o my permission!!!:laugh:

Its bad enough that my Dad never saw the Sabres win Cup. Now I'm starting to think it might be a generational curse!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@PensInsideScoop - GOAL!!! KESSEL!!! #Pens take a 1-0 lead!!!
From the blue line, Malkin fed Kessel as he entered the zone. His first attempt was blocked, but he recovered it and whipped it in.
Malkin and Maatta pick up the helpers on the clutch goal from Kessel.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

GRETZKY, ORR, LEMIEUX, CROSBY AND TOEWS JOIN DOC EMRICK FOR “NHL GAME CHANGERS/ALL-TIME GREATS” THIS WEDNESDAY, MAY 17 ON NBCSN.

30-Minute Special To Air Following Coverage Of Eastern Conference Final Game #3 - Pittsburgh Penguins At Ottawa Senators.

Wayne Gretzky - Bobby Orr - Mario Lemieux - Sidney Crosby - Jonathan Toews discuss current state of sport, up-and-coming stars and winning the Stanley Cup.

NBCSN will debut NHL Game Changers/All-Time Greats, a 30-minute round-table discussion featuring Stanley Cup champions and NHL legends Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr, Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews, this Wednesday, May 16 at 11:59 am ET. Hosted by five-time Sports Emmy Award-winner, United States Hockey Hall of Fame member and lead NHL play-by-play announcer Doc Emrick, NHL Game Changers will air following coverage of Game #3 of the Stanley Cup Eastern Conference Final between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Ottawa Senators.

Filmed in Los Angeles, California during NHL All-Star Weekend, Gretzky, Orr, Lemieux, Crosby, and Toews discuss a wide range of topics including the current state of the sport, playing in the Olympics, winning the Stanley Cup, Connor McDavid/other up-and-coming NHL stars, what it would have been like to play against each other, and Orr’s famous 1970 Stanley Cup winning goal.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...l-time-greats-this-wednesday-may-17-on-nbcsn/

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Pens simply dominated the 3rd Pd and had OTT on their heels until Kessel scored.

Quick reflexes for Kessel to shoot again after 1st shot blocked; I can't fault Anderson.

After that, the Sens just seemed a little slower and disorganized. On at least 2 different plays, they lost then regained possession in the offensive zone, but the 3rd forward had already left the zone (maybe anticipating line change on one occasion?). On one of those plays, when he realized his Sens teammates had regained the puck, he failed to move to open ice to his left between the face-off dot and point (penalty box side of the ice) and instead stayed on the bench side of the ice where the Pens were overloaded. Consequence? Pens were able to mark him and the Sens point d-man with one guy, and still swarm the other two Sens to force the turnover. I think the better play, down a goal, if my teammates have the puck and are outnumbered in the near corner, I'm going to open ice and yelling for them to send it around the far boards, even if it's late in my shift.

How have others on this board been coached for situations like that?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Laviolette's between periods (2/3) message must have been to run Gibson. 2 goals waved off and the 1st was also close to interference (Ducks player push Preds player into Gibson however)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad