Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Please Pittsburgh or Anaheim win the cup. If I see yet another first time team winning a cup before the Sabres, especially one 22+ years younger I will lose it.

Still think Pittsburgh repeats. And if they do then Crosby is firmly cemented as a top 5 player of all time. Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Crosby and then there are several other candidates Howe/Jagr etc etc.

It's a shame Sid had so many injuries, he truly is the best since 99 and 66. And he is still the best in the world, McDavid has a ways to go to best Sidney Crosby, Art Ross or no.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Hoping Nashville or Ottawa win the cup. I'd like to see Subban and Johansen win a cup

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
I noticed the Penguins PA plays a lot of rock and heavy metal. I feel we used to too and now whenever I attend a Sabres game it's flooded with a bunch of crappy techno stuff. I'm probably reaching here but maybe we should be playing better music between puck drops and not this crap they play now.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I noticed the Penguins PA plays a lot of rock and heavy metal. I feel we used to too and now whenever I attend a Sabres game it's flooded with a bunch of crappy techno stuff. I'm probably reaching here but maybe we should be playing better music between puck drops and not this crap they play now.

They should play 80s new wave music and absolutely nothing else, imo.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
intermission focusing on how tocchet has been coaching Malkin through a real tough game for him, be interesting if he can form a connection with stars as the head coach

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I hope Nashville or Ottawa win it all. Very entertaining teams.

I'm not gonna whine and cry if they win it before Buffalo.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Chris Neil would get his name on the Cup if the Sens win.

Would you like to reconsider that statement?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Wicked backhand by Ryan, the skill level of NHL players today is so high, NHL players now have skill coaches - Botterill mentioned it so I'm hoping we hire one or two full time in house. Development no longer stops when you make the NHL.

Maata looked slow in that chase, he could have dived and tried at least to knock the puck away.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Yeah. That is beyond bitter. Whoever wins the cup this year doesn't change anything about the Sabres.

I really like Nashville. Their 'model' is my favourite - I love how they have built their team & how they have made some blockbuster deals to get it done.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Gotta give props to Laviolette. Years ago I used to dump on him as a coach (probably still angry over the whole Hurricanes thing). Boy was I wrong. This is his 3rd different team he's taken to the Conference Finals. He took the other two to the Cup Finals. Won one (Canes) and lost one (Flyers).

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Stayed up to watch both game 7's, still woke up at 6 so I could work out before work. Been doing fine until my afternoon coffee. Got my mug, went over to the creamers. Open a creamer, put it in, open second creamer, realize that the on the first creamer, I poured the cream into the garbage, and added the empty plastic cup to my mug. Worth it.

I just saw this. :laugh:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Gotta give props to Laviolette. Years ago I used to dump on him as a coach (probably still angry over the whole Hurricanes thing). Boy was I wrong. This is his 3rd different team he's taken to the Conference Finals. He took the other two to the Cup Finals. Won one (Canes) and lost one (Flyers).

That Flyers team was very entertaining to watch too. He's such a great coach. Each of the teams he's had success with has had a totally different make-up...that team was deep on offense, Nashville is deep at the other end.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And remember who Lavy was first fired by: Mike Millbury. Just think about that the next time you see him making a fool out of himself on national TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad