Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Ducks CAN play a speed game for short periods of time. But I don't think any team can match Edmonton's total team speed.

It's going to be an interesting 3rd period. Who ever is worn down least will win this game.

And don't the refs still owe the Oilers a power play.....?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I wonder if Washington is looking at elimination being like.. "if only we had Filip Forsberg" :laugh:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Eastern Conference Finals Schedule - Pittsburgh Penguins (M2) vs Ottawa Senators (A2).

Saturday, May 13 - 7:00 pm ET - Senators @ Penguins - NBC - Sportsnet - CBC - TVA Sports.
Monday, May 15 - 8:00 pm ET - Senators @ Penguins - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.
Wednesday, May 17 - 8:00 pm ET - Penguins @ Senators - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.
Friday, May 19 - 8:00 pm ET - Penguins @ Senators - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.

*Sunday, May 21 - 3:00 pm ET - Senators @ Penguins - NBC - CBC - TVA Sports.
*Tuesday, May 23 - 8:00 pm ET - Penguins @ Senators - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.
*Thursday, May 25 - 8:00 pm ET - Senators @ Penguins - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Western Conference Finals Schedule - Anaheim Ducks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC2).

Friday, May 12 - 9:00 pm ET - Predators @ Ducks - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.
Sunday, May 14 - 7:30 pm ET - Predators @ Ducks - NBCSN - Sportsnet - TVA Sports.
Tuesday, May 16 - 8:00 pm ET - Ducks @ Predators - NBCSN - Sportsnet - CBC - TVA Sports.
Thursday, May 18 - 8:00 pm ET - Ducks @ Predators - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.

*Saturday, May 20 - 7:15 pm ET - Predators @ Ducks - NBC - CBC - TVA Sports.
*Monday, May 22 - 8:00 pm ET - Ducks @ Predators - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.
*Wednesday, May 24 - 9:00 pm ET - Predators @ Ducks - NBCSN - CBC - TVA Sports.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
So Anaheim finally won a game 7. Huh.

I'm thinking a Preds-Pens final would be pretty fun to watch.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
They should be thinking, "maybe we should have went wIth Malkin back in 2004"

If that happened Pittsburgh would have selected Ovechkin, imagine Crosby and Ovechkin together? Malkin and Filip Forsberg together?

What a difference the NHL would be. Ovechkin would have his ring and name on the cup :laugh:

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Does it put "Russians cant win the big one" back on the table? I remember that knock on Federov for 6-7 years and he was ripped every time the Red Wings lost in the playoffs. Will that be Ovechkin's stigma to carry?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Does it put "Russians cant win the big one" back on the table? I remember that knock on Federov for 6-7 years and he was ripped every time the Red Wings lost in the playoffs. Will that be Ovechkin's stigma to carry?

It probably does in the sense that it'll be a talking point. It shouldn't, in the sense that it's nonsense.

Also, didn't Fedorov win three cups?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Unpopular opinion time

Not ovechkin a fault, caps aren't strong enough down the middle or on the back end, agree with Slavs that building around ovie was a mistake but not because he doesn't have a heart as cold and focused as a Russian winter but because you don't build around freaking wingers

Centers control play, defense stops them from controlling play, wingers capitalize on the opportunities the other 2 groups create

also Getzlaf averaging almost 24 minutes a night, what a beast

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Unpopular opinion time

Not ovechkin a fault, caps aren't strong enough down the middle or on the back end, agree with Slavs that building around ovie was a mistake but not because he doesn't have a heart as cold and focused as a Russian winter but because you don't build around freaking wingers

Centers control play, defense stops them from controlling play, wingers capitalize on the opportunities the other 2 groups create

Eh. I think the Trotz era capitals have gotten screwed the hardest in the newest playoff format, especially the last two years.

I think we would have seen, at minimum, conference finals appearances the last two years for Washington under the old system.

President Trophy winning squad shouldn't play an 104 and 111 point squads in the 2nd round, which they have the last two years.

This years team for Washington was good enough to go deep. The problem is, Pittsburgh simply has a squad team built to essentially beat them. A fast skating team that can counter punch their insane possession numbers. They play any other team in the eastern conference, it would have been a blood bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad