Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I think some of the posters asking about coaching tactics and strategies should follow Jack Han. He has some videos like this as well as retweeting others. Gives nice insight into various tactics, etc.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Getzlaf is a stud. Ducks-Pens finals please, those are clearly the two best teams. I want to see Getzlaf and Perry vs Malkin and Sid. Kesler trying to lock down Sid like it's the 2010 Olympics. I want to see if the Pens can be the first team to repeat as cup champs since the 96-98 Red Wings. If the Pens do repeat then Pittsburgh>Chicago when comparing their mini dynasty's.

And Laviolette is a turd and disrespectful punk. I'll never hope a team he coaches wins another cup. Watching that smug jack ass win one undeserving cup was sickening enough, no way do I want to see a second. And if yet another team established in the 90's wins a cup before Buffalo I am pretty sure that the Sabres will never win a cup until the team no longer exists. We've already had the Ducks, Hurricanes, Lightning and Avalanche as teams established in the 90's that have won cups already. We've been around since 1970 and have a measly two runner ups to show for it. Imagine a 10 year old kid in Buffalo back when the Sabres were founded. He'd be nearly 60 today with only two losing cup finals appearances where we lost in 6 games. That makes me feel real bad for anyone who was around back in 1970 when this team came into existence. I don't think I'll see a cup win in my lifetime and I was born in the mid/late 80s.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Getzlaf is a stud. Ducks-Pens finals please, those are clearly the two best teams. I want to see Getzlaf and Perry vs Malkin and Sid. Kesler trying to lock down Sid like it's the 2010 Olympics. I want to see if the Pens can be the first team to repeat as cup champs since the 96-98 Red Wings. If the Pens do repeat then Pittsburgh>Chicago when comparing their mini dynasty's.

And Laviolette is a turd and disrespectful punk. I'll never hope a team he coaches wins another cup. Watching that smug jack ass win one undeserving cup was sickening enough, no way do I want to see a second. And if yet another team established in the 90's wins a cup before Buffalo I am pretty sure that the Sabres will never win a cup until the team no longer exists. We've already had the Ducks, Hurricanes, Lightning and Avalanche as teams established in the 90's that have won cups already. We've been around since 1970 and have a measly two runner ups to show for it. Imagine a 10 year old kid in Buffalo back when the Sabres were founded. He'd be nearly 60 today with only two losing cup finals appearances where we lost in 6 games. That makes me feel real bad for anyone who was around back in 1970 when this team came into existence. I don't think I'll see a cup win in my lifetime and I was born in the mid/late 80s.

I was a youngish lawyer who jumped at getting seasons when the Sabres were formed. I had more excitement then than anything recently. I share in 4 seats now instead of buying 4 myself and I just keep hoping I see a Cup in Buffalo before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Or at least beat the Leafs in a playoff series....

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The stuff about Ryan's role changing this season and his learning his new role impacting his offensive production during the regular season was very interesting.

It's why questioning a player's impact without knowing stuff like that can make proper critique hard.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Both feet left the ground and it looked like the head was the primary point of contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad