Value of: Players with 4-5 years remaining on an 8 years contract, where are the steals?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
The vast majority on this board don’t know math, never met it, never heard of it, never understood it. You can’t expect these people to understand what the rising cap even means. They certainly don’t know what a good contract is 5 years from now. They just know “the cap is going up” and any raise in the cap goes to whatever player they are trying to sign. Not how it works.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
This list is only for 8 year deals, but Zach Hyman signed for 7 years (max length) and that contract is definitely a steal.
Zach Hyman is still the player he was in Toronto. The reason they pay McDavid so much is because he adds whatever increase in points Hyman has gotten. the increase in production is McDavids production not Hyman’s. Just like when Maroon went from 11 goals to 29 with McDavid and back to 11. Those 18 goals were McDavid’s not Maroon’s.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
So whenever a "star/prospect" player is signed to a long term contract, unmistakently you will get the STEAL comment "that contract will be a steal in 3 years" etc... Below is a list of all 25 current players with 4-5 years remaining on an 8 years contract. Do you see many that qualify as a steal?
**credit: data found on puckpedia**
I'd argue that most of this list are worth their money for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad