Player Discussion: Brock Boeser | III | Our Boy in College

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
I'm a UND fan and have seen a ton of games this year, and that's the worst game I've seen Boeser have. Not sure what was up, but a ton of plays died on his stick today. He has been SO good most of the year.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I'm a UND fan and have seen a ton of games this year, and that's the worst game I've seen Boeser have. Not sure what was up, but a ton of plays died on his stick today. He has been SO good most of the year.

he's bound to have a bad game here and there, we forget that he is a freshman. He's been extremely dominant the last few games

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Not saying that Boeser's game today was good.

But whenever you can get 7 shots in a playoff game you must be doing something right.

But his passes were off tonight. Wonder if he's injured. He's been off his game for a few weeks now.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I still think Nick Schmaltz drives that line.

He is really good.

He certainly drives it but also at times is the weak link imo.

His 2-way game has improved a lot from last year, though, interesting to see how he fits into that Chicago future.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
I still think Nick Schmaltz drives that line.

He is really good.

There were a few Hawks fans that were down on Schmaltz. Saying he was a product of Boeser. (Due to Schmaltz's low goal totals they think his assist totals are propped up by Boeser's goal scoring)

I told them they couldn't be further from the truth. Schmaltz is legit good.

I think he'll be a top six 2-way winger.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Watched the game, definitely not his best performance but I agree with WTG that 7 SOG while having a "meh" game is actually kinda impressive.

UND plays a strong puck possession game.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
I have the game PVR'd... what will i see from him in terms of his skating?

Still choppy? or does he look good now?

Compare it to Gaunce.

Meh, first steps. Decent top speed.

You'll see a lot of Vrbata like floating like Boeser likes to do. Good vision but poor passing. Strong board play and good at protecting the puck. Quick hands, and shot (duh).

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Compare it to Gaunce.

Meh, first steps. Decent top speed.

You'll see a lot of Vrbata like floating like Boeser likes to do. Good vision but poor passing. Strong board play and good at protecting the puck. Quick hands, and shot (duh).

Can you please elaborate on the "poor passing"?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Can you please elaborate on the "poor passing"?

The "poor passing" has to do more with last game. Overall I wouldn't say his passing is bad. It was mostly just a response to "I PVRed last game what can I expect", well that game he was passing poorly.

In general I'd say that Boeser's vision is vastly better then his actual passing ability so sometimes he gets a bit over ambitious and it causes him to throw a bad pass.

It's nothing that he can't work on though. Just something that needs to be refined

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
The "poor passing" has to do more with last game. Overall I wouldn't say his passing is bad. It was mostly just a response to "I PVRed last game what can I expect", well that game he was passing poorly.

In general I'd say that Boeser's vision is vastly better then his actual passing ability so sometimes he gets a bit over ambitious and it causes him to throw a bad pass.

It's nothing that he can't work on though. Just something that needs to be refined

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it... but "shooters" tend to walk a fine line with their sticks. I've noticed that Virtanen tends to throw cross ice passes chest high, a lot of the time those whippy sticks with low kick points are great for shooting but not so much for passing.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Boeser is the real deal. Kid looks to be like a future Okposo. And no - I'm not just trying to re-iterate what the scouting reports are saying. Watch the kid play and you'll see what I mean. Boeser needs to physically develop, but his style is eerily similar to Okposo's.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
He still reminds me of Pacioretty, except Pacioretty's first 3 steps were better

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
He will have a hard time scoring off the rush like Pacioretty unless he improves his skating in a big way. I think he can be successful regardless though with his strength along the boards and ability to play a cycle game.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
quote from benning in the paper on boeser.

“He’s had such a good year and if he wants, he could make the (pro) jump, but we’ll listen to what he and his family have to say and make the decision as a group,†said Benning.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.

“He’s had such a good year and if he wants, he could make the (pro) jump, but we’ll listen to what he and his family have to say and make the decision as a group,†said Benning.

People rag on Benning all the time but that's actually a good quote. His talent evaluation through drafting was spot on with Boeser, and Benning obviously knows he'd be able to jump to pro and wants to get him signed, but understands another year at UND could be a good thing for Boeser.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Would love for him to jump to pro... Come to camp, go to Utica, work on his stride, earn a callup...

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
People rag on Benning all the time but that's actually a good quote. His talent evaluation through drafting was spot on with Boeser, and Benning obviously knows he'd be able to jump to pro and wants to get him signed, but understands another year at UND could be a good thing for Boeser.

LOL, was going to say the same thing, for all the fears that sometimes get out there (not unwarranted) of NCAA guys going the FA route, Benning seems to have a good grip on how to build a solid relationship with Demko and Boeser.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
LOL, was going to say the same thing, for all the fears that sometimes get out there (not unwarranted) of NCAA guys going the FA route, Benning seems to have a good grip on how to build a solid relationship with Demko and Boeser.

As advertised. Amateur drafting and developing is one of his strengths, so this is good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad