GWT: PL Matchweek Catch-Up into (mostly) MW18 & MW19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I thought Barnes was going to score there, but my relief quickly turned to dread when Ndidi scored instead.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The most awkward shooting technique I have ever seen from Ndidi. But effective, I guess.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Leicester's squad cost like half as much and has less talent overall, but it's way more balanced and suited to their style than Chelsea's I'd say.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's not that it's suited to their style, it's that they have a style
Sure that as well, but they have the right players to fit their style. Either they had guys there already that were suited for it, or they have brought in new guys that fit like a glove.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Sure that as well, but they have the right players to fit their style. Either they had guys there already that were suited for it, or they have brought in new guys that fit like a glove.
Yeah absolutely, my point is that the main difference between Leicester and Chelsea is that Leicester clearly have a coherent gameplan that they play by and have built around, and we have no idea who we are

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Castagne and Tielemans killing us with the underlap so far. Maybe we can start defending that?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ndidi is great but top clubs won’t touch him yet because he is so, so poor on the ball.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Kovacic can, that is what he is best at. He was one of the best midfielders in the league last season at progressive passing and runs.

He is dribble obsessed and doesn’t release the ball quickly enough. Allows the opposition to get into a compact, settled shape. Look at this closely.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He is dribble obsessed and doesn’t release the ball quickly enough. Allows the opposition to get into a compact, settled shape. Look at this closely.
I wanted Gilmour there because his passing range is far better and he can run/dribble, but let's be honest the alternative to Kovacic was Jorginho, who gets destroyed by a high press system.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

With how this game has gone so far, I think it looks a LOT worse if Jorginho is where Kovacic is right now. Kovacic has been our only player doing anything against this press.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Shame that Silva put that right into Schmeichel. Rarely ever going to beat him if it's close to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad