GWT: PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, it’s pretty terrible defending. There’s no shock that the players who didn’t have to go to dumb Nations Cup matches are playing well. Whomever set that debacle up is just dumb.

That's a good point. It's the ones who did that have been shit.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Look.
After a bright total of 20 minutes, you give you thorough analysis that Leeds is more likely to go down than to finish 10th. You ignore the fact Leeds is playing toe to toe with the EPL champs, that their CB line is not used to play together, and all you can come up with is "Pool isn't playing their top football".

I mean it was ridiculous at 2-1, it's still all the more after 30 minutes.
Yeah, and I'll stand by that, especially when your alternative analysis is that they'll "easily get 9th".

Nevermind that your pithy post didn't acknowledge the "more likely" part and just wanted to play your little back and forth game by pretending I said they'd go down ("soon to be relegated...").

Reactions: bluesfan94

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
That's a good point. It's the ones who did that have been shit.
I’m not excusing it. They’re professionals. But all four of the back line played for their nations in the week. Not really a lot of prep for any of them for this match. I can’t believe Klopp is happy with that. It happens, but being away three or four days before the start of the season leads to this looking so disjointed.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Okay he missed a tackle and the ball ended up in the net, but I guess it wasn’t as egregious as VvD’s
It’s just funny how Gomez was probably 3rd most culpable for that goal, 4th if you include Harrison for his fantastic play but he’s the one everyone brought up on that goal, meanwhile van Dijk literally gives the ball up for a free goal and people are still talking about Gomez on the same play. It’s comically obsessive and frankly pathetic, but it’s the last I’ll comment on it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It’s just funny how Gomez was probably 3rd most culpable for that goal, 4th if you include Harrison for his fantastic play but he’s the one everyone brought up on that goal, meanwhile van Dijk literally gives the ball up for a free goal and people are still talking about Gomez on the same play. It’s comically obsessive and frankly pathetic, but it’s the last I’ll comment on it.
2nd behind VVD and 1st to start the play. But since he was also tied for responsible for the 1st goal, that's 2 on him. While you chose to say he wasn't responsible for either.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It’s not really worth much, but the only minutes Trent has had was the time for England. He’s been hurt more or less since break.
Yeah I think starting him here might have been a bit ambitious. I could see a sub there. Gomez has basically had to cover for 2 positions defensively all game.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Great to see Leeds UTD back in the PL.

They lack a bit of quality but the strategy is fun to watch.

Poor Koch...will be comapred to Ben White all year.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It’s your inability to assign any fault to the object of your obsession that keeps people talking about it. When you watch the first Leeds goal and have the opinion that Gomez did nothing wrong, it calls into question your ability to be objective about anything. And then you’re so obsessed that when Van Dijk has a huge f*** up, you bring up Gomez.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It’s your inability to assign any fault to the object of your obsession that keeps people talking about it. When you watch the first Leeds goal and have the opinion that Gomez did nothing wrong, it calls into question your ability to be objective about anything. And then you’re so obsessed that when Van Dijk has a huge f*** up, you bring up Gomez.
Sure thing pal.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This game need Minamino in. So much space and with his movement he should create plenty of chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad