GWT: PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Mane and Salah are the only reasons why Liverpool is ahead. Well done.

Anyway, Leeds play the way they play, regardless of the opposition.
They play football the right way. I don't care if teams finish ahead of them playing crappy football, Leeds is playing the way real football fans love.
Hater gonna hate, football fans will love it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
People saying they’re glad to see Leeds must not quite remember what are some pretty miserable fans at one point. It’s not everyone, but man, in the 80s, they were one of the worst. I wasn’t old enough, but having read into some of their history (I used to try to build them back in football manager), reputation of some of them still exists. Some of those dudes are still around, and I’m not sure if I’d say I am happy to see them. It’s a well supported club who have suffered hard times, but there’s a number of clubs who have suffered in England.

As for the players and the project, their manager makes them interesting for sure.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That was fun!

Would sub Matip on for Gomez ASAP. No idea what happened to Gomez, or if Klopp is trying to play him into form; but you can’t play him against Chelsea or Arsenal right now.

Leeds really fun to watch. Had a feeling there would be a ton of goals in this one.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Don’t think you can argue against Salah being Liverpools best player

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Of course Leeds had some awful fans in the 80s.
But, you're a Liverpool fan, aren't you?
I mean, I am not saying you are wrong here, but I think a better question is Who is a universally accepted ‘Not awful’ fan base. Don’t think that exists.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Some weirdos sure will do, but he's the only reason they're ahead. Got a penalty, scored a brilliant goal. Well done.

Agree, Bielsa is outcoaching Klopp. It will be a back and forth open game though but in these types of games, high end talent will often make you outscore the opponent.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
LOL Gomez hasn't been any worse than TAA or VVD this game, that doesn't say much to since their performance has been crap too.

Reactions: YNWA14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean, I am not saying you are wrong here, but I think a better question is Who is a universally accepted ‘Not awful’ fan base. Don’t think that exists.
I agree. Lens maybe in France and even then.

But YOU called Leeds fans out though :)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
LOL Gomez hasn't been any worse than TAA or VVD this game, that doesn't say much to since their performance has been crap too.
Gomez has 2 goals and 2 big turnovers for him.
VVD has an awful mistake for a goal and a goal FOR in his favor.
TAA has one goal on him.
I think it's quite easy to see who Pool's worst player has been.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Missed the first half, but just caught up on the goals. As a Chelsea fan, I'm getting a stupid amount of joy from Patrick f***ing Bamford scoring at Anfield.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fabinho is in dreadful form right now. But then again so is Gomez. Gomez has never looked this bad.
Yeah, Gomez has been quite off in general. He still does some really good things that are essential to how Liverpool play (and the role Klopp asks of him). His stepping into midfield, loose ball recovery and penetration from the back are still top tier. He's been a bit all over the place defensively, though I think this is especially highlighted by Trent and van Dijk also being off. I think singling in on one player in the defence when those two have also been terrible is somewhat looking for a scapegoat. The entire defence has been off for a while now; van Dijk has been in poor form, Trent has been worse than Gomez this game, and the midfield isn't helping them a whole lot at the moment. Maybe they're just trying to play a shootout against Leeds and have been instructed to play much more aggressively but it's playing with fire a bit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gomez has 2 goals and 2 big turnovers for him.
VVD has an awful mistake for a goal and a goal FOR in his favor.
TAA has one goal on him.
I think it's quite easy to see who Pool's worst player has been.
Gomez is running around like a headless chicken. He doesn’t resemble the player that was back there most of last season. No idea what happened to him. Positioning has been really atrocious and he is over running everything. He is completely out of form.

Virgil did a repeat of the Lacazette goal but what can you do? Wonderful header for his goal. Pushed the keeper back. Great to see.
Don’t think Trent has been that bad. Robertson has been the better of the two, but Trent is also coming back early from injury so he was going to be rusty.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
People saying they’re glad to see Leeds must not quite remember what are some pretty miserable fans at one point. It’s not everyone, but man, in the 80s, they were one of the worst. I wasn’t old enough, but having read into some of their history (I used to try to build them back in football manager), reputation of some of them still exists. Some of those dudes are still around, and I’m not sure if I’d say I am happy to see them. It’s a well supported club who have suffered hard times, but there’s a number of clubs who have suffered in England.

As for the players and the project, their manager makes them interesting for sure.
Even now, after all of that history going down to the 3rd tier, etc., a large contingent of their fanbase is pretty insufferable judging by what I've seen online.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wouldn’t panic for either team tbh. First game back and all
Yeh, still the only concern for me is that while this is the first game back it's similar form that saw them win like 7 in their last 15 games or something before this season as well (can't remember the exact number). They're still obviously quality but I think there's some nonchalance that needs to be given a shake out.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I believe if LFC can get another goal they will start settling down on possession a bit more.
They never had a 2 goals lead in this game yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad