GWT: PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Really?
Outplaying the champs and being down because of a tough luck penalty and a set play? :huh:

Leeds will stay up easily if they play like this.
"Outplaying"...

This is hardly Liverpool playing at their top level by my estimation, and even so, Leeds looks like they haven't a clue defensively. I don't think there's enough quality in the team to offset that if this is what it's going to be the rest of the season.

I'm not predicting the drop, but the way some people talk about Leeds you'd think they were the globetrotters in the Championship. Most of it is just the Bielsa cult of personality, though.

Reactions: YNWA14

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Leeds have had a couple of near misses or chances just about coming off, but so have Liverpool.

Leeds look like they can score for sure but they also look like they can get lit up on the right occasion as well.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
"Outplaying"...

This is hardly Liverpool playing at their top level by my estimation, and even so, Leeds looks like they haven't a clue defensively. I don't think there's enough quality in the team to offset that if this is what it's going to be the rest of the season.

I'm not predicting the drop, but the way some people talk about Leeds you'd think they were the globetrotters in the Championship. Most of it is just the Bielsa cult of personality, though.
To be fair, I think they mentioned the first team CBs are injured.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
"Outplaying"...

Oh so it's not Liverpool at their top level, but it's Leeds at their top level.
Yes outplayed because they had more chance.
Their CBs have never played together, it'll take time.
Leeds will give up tons of goals because their nature is to score more and attack 90 minutes.

But given the piss poor quality of the bottom half of the EPL, they should easily get around 9th.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Soon to be relegated Leeds ties the game.
Gomez with a piss poor play early, but since VD made an awful play as well, it'll pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad