GWT: PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Can't really blame him for the first goal. That was a great cross by Podence and Jimenez kicked it out of the air.

I'm not blaming him per se, but it still went straight over him and he didn't get up fast enough, same on the second goal.

You have to be a fast reaction goalie with some size to get the first one, but that's what Henderson is.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I was very tempted to take Sheffield's keeper at one point in my fantasy draft, until I remembered it would be Ramsdale and not Henderson.

Reactions: Blender

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ramsdale was solid last year and I suspect he will be good this year as well. Not Henderson good, but definitely better than he has shown this early on.

Reactions: Blender

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Sheffield would have been shitting their pants worrying about Traore all week and almost all of the danger has come from Neto.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Part of me is worried it's going to be like last year for him.
Like Leipzig, this was a high risk-high reward destination. There's definitely a chance that, because Wilder knows who his guys are and has such a regimented system, he won't play much. If he can break into the side though, playing in this team will be invaluable for him.

The club made a mistake not recalling and finding him a new destination in January, IMO. It's wild that over half of the senior matches he's ever played are at the international, rather than club level (15 caps for Wales versus 12 senior appearances for Exeter, Chelsea, and RB Leipzig).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton going 5 at the back with March and Lamptey as wing backs and the anticipated center 3 of Webster, Dunk, and White. Looking forward to seeing the CB's in action.

Other notes, Lallana makes his debut and Maupay + Connolly start up front together. Goals were the issue last year, hopefully we got 1 or 2 of them in us today!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Really hope that Lamptey doesn't start for two reasons:

1. He's one of ours dammit
2. He's so much faster than Marcos Alonso and will literally murder him
He is starting and if he starts where he left off last year, you lot are in for some trouble down the right side.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Another one I can't believe Sheffield didn't score on. Should be 2-2 now.

Edit: Offside anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad