GWT: PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not many teams will benefit from 2 pens and a wonder goal to beat Leeds. Many have worst defenses than Pool as well.

Nice first game for Leeds, and GG Pool to manage the 3 points.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Leeds are going to get some scalps this season. Right team won though.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It is what it is, but 3 points on the board is all it will look like in January. Lot to work on, but considering the nature of the start of this season, I’ll take it

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Selfishly, Meslier had a great game, despite his 4 goals against.
Lorient once turned down 10M€ from Monaco for him.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He was great. Didn’t get a lot of help, though some blown chances might have flattered a bit. One or two Liverpool chances should’ve been finished. Firmino and Gini both had good chances that should’ve cause a stop at least

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Definitely accurate.
Figured we outplayed them but didn't think it was by that much.

That's probably just the stress talking. Never eye-test your own team, I always say.

Have to chalk that up to fantastic finishing, I suppose. Alisson could have been a bit sharper but it's not like any of them hit him in the chest and went in.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For sure. Don’t think he could have done anything about the ones that went in. Made some good saves too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Figured we outplayed them but didn't think it was by that much.

That's probably just the stress talking. Never eye-test your own team, I always say.

Have to chalk that up to fantastic finishing, I suppose. Alisson could have been a bit sharper but it's not like any of them hit him in the chest and went in.
I don’t think Alisson has been great since restart. XG doesn’t really reward those defensive errors that they feasted on. Leeds will beat some teams this year though. Pep isn’t going to fancy a game like that.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
To be fair, if Leeds or any other team not in the top 4-5 want to come to Anfield and trade chances all match, it should end in Liverpool’s favor and potentially, a more lopsided score line.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
On twitter, people are saying the ball hit Koch’s leg first. I’d have to see a replay, but if so, that shouldn’t be a pen.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don’t think Alisson has been great since restart. XG doesn’t really reward those defensive errors that they feasted on. Leeds will beat some teams this year though. Pep isn’t going to fancy a game like that.
Especially considering every time somebody parks the bus against City it's 4-0 about 20 minutes in.

I mean, I get it, but how many times does it have to not work?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad