GWT: PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Callum Wilson threatening more in 15 minutes than Joelinton did over 15 games.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Fabinho played him. He saw Rodrigo put his leg and he went straight at it and consciously thew himself into Rodrigo's leg.
That's still a pen though.

Reactions: Adonis Creed

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Saint-Maximin is the lone bright spot here. West Ham have spent too much time behind the ball with better players. That was a good chance though.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Especially considering every time somebody parks the bus against City it's 4-0 about 20 minutes in.

I mean, I get it, but how many times does it have to not work?
Absolutely. Leeds will take points off big teams. LFC came away with three against them. That could be a very nice bonus

Reactions: Machinehead

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah. I refuse to give money to Peacock so I am gladly going to watch NWSL.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
On twitter, people are saying the ball hit Koch’s leg first. I’d have to see a replay, but if so, that shouldn’t be a pen.

Even if that was true, a legit goal by Van Dijk was wrongly called back before. Not sure how anyone could debate the result of the game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Wilson scores in his debut to put Newcastle up.

Wilson just needs 1 more to match Joelinton's total last year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Does Bielsa have health problems? It looks like it's hard for him to move around a lot.

Liverpool haven’t looked comfortable defending in ages.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly, van Djik regardless of his mistake was terrible today and hasn't been truly great in months'. They're just fortunate they're able to outscore opponents at will and when one gets injured they're going to be in a world of hurt.
Fabinho clearly dove right into it.
Nah mate, those were clear penalties easily. It sucks that KFC gets them at most opportune time and alot by Mane diving, but those were just classic mistakes by Leeds than Liverpool doing any funny business.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal with a beautiful match, but hard to see how good we are against Fulham - they were dreadful.

- Lacazette coming back to form, I think the PBP bloke said that he's had goals in his last ten matches.

- Aubamabloodclatyang gents.

- Gabriel, besides that first ah-oh situation with Leno was solid. Didn't have to do much, but his heading strength should do wonders at defending set pieces and contrubuting to chances on the opposite end of the pitch as we saw with his goal. He's quite mobile, but I am worried that clubs will start exposing how left-footed he is. So much of his game revolves around that and I suggest it will be easier to press him and cut down his angles when he just wants to use one foot.

- I thought the wing-backs were the best players today; Maitland-Niles and Bellerin made so many chances while also defending superbly. They're my MOTMs together.

- Thanks Chelski fans for Willian loooool, he was outstanding today and will flow much better in Arteta's system.

- Stupid arse NBC going the ESPN route and starting to put some big games on their bird-shite service. Ughhhhhhhhhh.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think David Moyes must buy a lot of the David's products or something. I can't believe this guy is managing a top flight team.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I didn't watch West Ham vs Newcastle. Was Newcastle actually decent or is West Ham just that poor?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad