Post-Game Talk: "Pity Pardy" In Here - Jets lose 5-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Hutch is simply not the same goalie he was a year ago. Remember how great he used to look in shoot outs. He let in 3 goals in 3 shots this year and every time there is a breakaway you expect him to let it in. Sad as I was a huge supporter of his, but at this point I don't even think he is backup worthy. I wouldn't hesitate to waive him and let him struggle in the A until he gets his game back.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
For the love of all that's holy in this world, Armia on-the third line, thorburn 4the and Pluso on the flight home.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Somebody tell Ladd that nobody is going to give him 6 mil a year

Have to wonder if that 6x6 offer is still on the table. I would hope not !! Ladd is a good complimentary 3rd line player and nothing more. Ladd and Stafford are pretty well equal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Here's the thing:

Goalies that start both games of back-to-backs on average post a SV% .011 less than rested goalies who start the second game of back-to-backs.

But you've got to choose between Hutch, who's been struggling mightily putting up a .856 over his last 5 starts, or Hellebuyck, who had a light workload in an early game yesterday but you don't really know what he is yet.

I dunno, I think considering Hutch's play of late, I would've rolled with Hellebuyck until he had a bad game.

I would have gone with Helly as well, but going with Hutch wasn't a bad decision. Hutch needs to be an NHL goalie. Now if Maurice doesn't let Helly run with it, that will be a mistake.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This is the most frustrating thing about Maurice... he doesn't use any intuition or gut feel... he just does what the book says to do. He's a fundamentalist old school coach.

Maurice single-handedly killed any momentum the Jets had after their nice win yesterday.
You have to build momentum and right now Hutchinson has massive negative momentum. Helle had a nice little game and you build off of that. He's our future, let him play against one of the worst teams in the league and coming off of a nice win.

This is not rocket science. But if it was, look out for falling rocket parts from the sky.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Hutch is simply not the same goalie he was a year ago. Remember how great he used to look in shoot outs. He let in 3 goals in 3 shots this year and every time there is a breakaway you expect him to let it in. Sad as I was a huge supporter of his, but at this point I don't even think he is backup worthy. I wouldn't hesitate to waive him and let him struggle in the A until he gets his game back.

The book on him is to shoot instead of deek. He has good lateral movement, but that's about it.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
For the love of all that's holy in this world, Armia on-the third line, thorburn 4the and Pluso on the flight home.

Totally agree. It's shake-up time and we need someone with some hockey sense to complete that line. Hopefully some finishing skills as well.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts....

Terrible - Pardy, Stuart and Hutch

Good - Almost everyone else

Very good - Burmi

It's hard to imagine, but the Jets are being pulled down by two terrible defensemen now. Pardy was absolutely atrocious again. He killed the Jets' momentum early, and then stomped on it later. (By the way, what on earth is Maurice doing playing Pardy with our 4th line when we get back to a 1 goal game?????). Chiarot needs back in ASAP. I would bring up Morrissey and play him, too. Stuart and Pardy are not trustworthy at the NHL level. Of course, we know that it's Harrison that we'll see. That's just how Maurice rolls.

Won't go into detail about the rest, but a few scattered notes....

Burmi was the Jets' best forward, and it wasn't very close (he was +15 in Corsi on 5v5, in addition to the gorgeous SH assist and another gift to Wheeler that Wheeler muffed).

Little and Ladd didn't look very good against the Avs top line for most of the night.

Trouba was a beast in the second half of the game after they unleashed him from Stuart.

Peluso is ready to take a rest. Another offensive zone penalty is inexcusable.

The Jets PP is an abomination.

The refs were... ummmm... puzzling. The call on Enstrom was laughable.

Hutchinson was comically bad. He was like a fish out of water all night. If the Avs had more scoring chances, he looked like he could let in 10 tonight.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Every time there's a shot I half expect it to go in. He's lost in his crease. Can't see the puck. Gives up rebounds on every shot. Is an adventure handling the puck. He's lost it completely. Sad to see.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Here's the thing:

Goalies that start both games of back-to-backs on average post a SV% .011 less than rested goalies who start the second game of back-to-backs.

But you've got to choose between Hutch, who's been struggling mightily putting up a .856 over his last 5 starts, or Hellebuyck, who had a light workload in an early game yesterday but you don't really know what he is yet.

I dunno, I think considering Hutch's play of late, I would've rolled with Hellebuyck until he had a bad game.

I think it would have had a huge impact on Hutch's confidence if the rookie was given a back to back start after his first NHL game. And since you are definitely going to need Hutch for the next little while (in some capacity) it doesn't do anyone any good to shatter his confidence. Besides I don't think Hutch had a bad game

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hutch down to .901 on the season. Combine that to his sub .900 after the all star break last season, it has been an awfully long time since he gave us quality goaltending. It is time to see what Helly can do, unless the tank is in full on mode, then I guess it makes sense to pretend Hutch is a legit starter.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think it would have had a huge impact on Hutch's confidence if the rookie was given a back to back start after his first NHL game. And since you are definitely going to need Hutch for the next little while (in some capaciete) it doesn't do anyone any good to shatter his confidence. Besides I don't think Hutch had a bad game

Hutch's confidence is already gone.

In what universe was that not a bad game? It's not just about the goals against, it's that he was completely lost in his crease, couldn't control a rebound, made a bad decision every time he handled the puck, etc...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hmm, so harp on Maurice's career win percentage, but ignore Hutch's career save %? Interesting.

Mo is a career .500 coach for the very reason we saw tonight, you don't start a struggling goaltender after the guy who gave you a win the night before had very easy go of it.

I'm almost certain the team would have played a lot better with Helly between the pipes than the guy the team knows gives up a couple soft ones per game.

Watching Hutch trying to control the puck near his crease near the end of the third period was frankly embarrassing, did he even remotely resemble a guy on top of his game!

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Hutch's confidence is already gone.

In what universe was that not a bad game? It's not just about the goals against, it's that he was completely lost in his crease, couldn't control a rebound, made a bad decision every time he handled the puck, etc...

I don't blame Hutch for any of the goals... would I have liked him having one or two of those? Yes. Were they "bad goals"? No. I don't remember too many juicy rebounds. He has only played a dozen games this season. Let's wait and see before writing him off, could be just a bad streak

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Since coming to Winnipeg, Maurice has given massive amounts of undeserved icetime to:
Ondrej Pavelec
Michael Hutchinson
Mark Stuart
Chris Thorburn
Andrew Ladd

He plays favourites and everyone knows there's virtually no way that some players will play themselves out of a roster spot.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets fight back to 3-2. Maurice puts out his 4th line with Pardy - boom, it's 4-2. Jets have 3 days before the next game. What's he thinking????

Randal61

Jan 12, 2014
Maurice single-handedly killed any momentum the Jets had after their nice win yesterday.
You have to build momentum and right now Hutchinson has massive negative momentum. Helle had a nice little game and you build off of that. He's our future, let him play against one of the worst teams in the league and coming off of a nice win.

This is not rocket science. But if it was, look out for falling rocket parts from the sky.

Funny stuff

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Mo is a career .500 coach for the very reason we saw tonight, you don't start a struggling goaltender after the guy who gave you a win the night before had very easy go of it.

I'm almost certain the team would have played a lot better with Helly between the pipes than the guy the team knows gives up a couple soft ones per game.

I myself feel his accrued record before the Jets isn't really relevant. Different teams, different times.

Back-to-back on the road? Not an odd decision to split the starts. Helle wasn't spectactular yesterday and he didn't need to be. I could see any number of NHL coaches making the same decision. Howabout you, coach anything before? Timbits or Peewee even? You sound so knowledgeable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad