Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish: Bombulie ‎to restore order @ the Trib

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
DK is becoming the blogger equivalent of Steiggy - carrying the PR and message for the front office because he knows where his bread is buttered.. And that there's no upside for him to actually be critical and objective

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
DK is becoming the blogger equivalent of Steiggy - carrying the PR and message for the front office because he knows where his bread is buttered.. And that there's no upside for him to actually be critical and objective

I'm going a bit further. DK is like the new Rossi. :laugh:

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

That paragraph about Lovejoy was maybe the weirdest thing I've read in a long time. Basically amounted to "I have no credibility breaking down systems, but everyone thinks Lovejoy's play on the goal was bad and it wasn't. It was just kind of bad." Like, huh?

Last edited:

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
That paragraph about Lovejoy was the weirdest thing I've maybe read in a long time. Basically amounted to "I have no credibility breaking down systems, but everyone thinks Lovejoy's play on the goal was bad and it wasn't. It was just kind of bad." Like, huh?

I agree... It was bizarre. I'm sure DK's connections were the decision makers behind the Lovejoy trade, so DK is basically engaged in a classic quid pro quo agreement with them. In exchange for juicy details/scoops, he white washes their questionable decisions such as Lovejoy.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
That paragraph about Lovejoy was the weirdest thing I've maybe read in a long time. Basically amounted to "I have no credibility breaking down systems, but everyone thinks Lovejoy's play on the goal was bad and it wasn't. It was just kind of bad." Like, huh?

You just have to remember how far out on a limb DK went in defending that Despres trade, and how he even did PR dirty work for the club in starting the Off Ice Problem whisper-campaign.

He's totally painted himself into a corner on Lovejoy and now he's pulling his "let's be reasonable maybe it wasn't THAT bad a play...." BS.
It's good that there are commenters there like BK and a couple of others who won't swallow it.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
As for the rumors....maybe they were told unequivocally that JR won't be FIRED.
That's different from JR quietly "choosing to resign"....

And actually if you check his statement he typically did the CYA thing on JR ie he will be here next year "barring something unforeseen".....such as JR resigning.

That would be Classic DK playing both sides of the fence.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
DK went all-in on being Pro Lovejoy at the TDL. He's not going to admit he was wrong.

Lovejoy could have been on the ice for nearly every goal against in this series and DK would find a way to defend him, even minimize his involvement.

Oh, wait.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think the pensblog made a report in good faith about the gm leaving. Let's not forget a source apparently lied to Mckenzie last year about bylsma.being fired the same day as shero.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Doesn't anyone remember that DK has a corporate backer to start his new site.

Odds over/under 90% chance its the penguins.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
So it's been Lovejoy out there 6 of 9.
What are the stats for Scuderi?
Or our best pairing, the AHL scrubs?

Artie Party

Oct 1, 2014
Pittsburgh
I actually think everyone (Pensblog, DK, MM) is telling the truth but is being told different things from opposite sides of management/ownership

The Pensblog report is probably correct but contingent on Pens cleaning house and getting Babcock to take over both duties.

The source that told both DK and MM that coach and GM are safe is probably Burkle and doesn't want to create a situation where both are alienated if the Babcock thing falls through.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
DK's credibility took a huge hit for me recently with (1) defending JR against the Rossi situation and (2) this whole Lovejoy thing

He's shaping up to he a paid shill for the Penguins. A guy masquerading as an independent journalism, when in all reality he is just a messenger of the Penguins corporate / PR / spin machine.

It's even more hilarious when you consider people are paying money to read his content.

With ticket prices plummeting and ratings decreasing, the Pens are trying to do anything to stop the bleeding. Influencing guys like DK could very well be part of that strategy. Now that their bottom line is being impacted, it wouldn't surprise me to see a more aggressive PR / marketing strategy unfold.

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
You have any explanation for why he's still in there aside from "2 cups" or "leader on the defense?" The other night, he had the worst game I've seen from a Pens D in as long as I can remember.

The Penguins seem to want everyone to believe they're a part of the analytics game but the things they do don't really back that up much.

Someone, or multiple people, believe that Rob Scuderi is an asset to the Penguins and is playing great defense. Your guess as to why is as good as mine is.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Could be. Best way to spin the media is to own the media.

What is truly scary is reading the comment section on his site. They are so thankful to DK for taking their money and spreading corporate spin. LOL, people paying for corporations lies..... what in the hell has this world come to.

Attention to any Alien Overlords..... Please feel free to kidnap me ASAP.... MSG me for Address and time of departure.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
I have a question, do people actually pay to read DK's gibberish on the internet. If so, what a bunch of morons. That is unbelievable. And I wish these morons would contact me because I have a couple of bridges in downtown PGH that I am trying to sell at rock bottom prices. :shakehead:amazed::shakehead:amazed:

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
What is truly scary is reading the comment section on his site. They are so thankful to DK for taking their money and spreading corporate spin. LOL, people paying for corporations lies..... what in the hell has this world come to.

Attention to any Alien Overlords..... Please feel free to kidnap me ASAP.... MSG me for Address and time of departure.

I started following him on Twitter when the JR/Rossi thing was going down because I wanted to watch the fireworks. I unfollowed him an hour later when I realized he constantly retweeted people saying how awesome he was.

He sells that blog more than he focuses on good content and I'm tired of it. It was funny at first when he'd sub in for Madden and they'd jokingly keep pimping the website, but months later I'm done with it. I can make my own inferences and don't need to read more noncommittal journalism that doesn't break any actual stories. Also, his opinions mean **** to me, and that goes for the other hacks that write about the Penguins. I follow the team and the sport as closely as the next actual fan, so you're not going to impress me. Given all that why would I subscribe, let alone praise the guy?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I will say DK used to be better before his living depended on clicks.
He tried to straddle the line of criticizing whilst maintaining access, admittedly not easy in this town where the media in general just carry water.
But he lost me at the Despres trade and his continuing protection of the PR Company Line is now clear as day.
I guess I'm back to Molinari....ugh....

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
DK's credibility took a huge hit for me recently with (1) defending JR against the Rossi situation.

There are plenty of reasons to question his credibility, but this is not one of them. Rossi has proven time and time again to be a petulant, spiteful, whiny little hack with no actual hockey knowledge and questionable journalistic integrity, so the fact that JR called him on it right to his stupid punchable face is just downright amazing in my book. He could climb on top of the the ****ing Consol with a megaphone and shout it to the masses, hire an airplane banner that reads "Go sell ice cream", or take out a full page add in the Trib for all I care, it needed to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad