Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread|8 Days - TDL Being "Center" of Attention - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The guy is averaging .5 ppg, turns 30 this year and brings nothing besides scoring. Someone would have to be insane to offer that number.

I wouldn't be in favor of that proposed amount that you quoted, but I do think Hall's the type of player who will rebound with a better team when he doesn't have to be the best or second best player.

Hall with Sid would also allow us to move Jake down to Geno's line.

But just not at any huge sum of money or term.

Reactions: ownal

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Zucker for Miller
3rd for Laughton
Pettersson for Oleksiak,2nd

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
McCann - Malkin - Kap
ERod - Miller - Laughton
BART

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Never saw one thing proving any of those above points incorrect. So keep your delusional opinions. Put the facts to back it up or go away.
Since you've blocked @Empoleon8771, how about this one...

How do you trade a pick and prospect for a top 6 winger and fit it under the cap THIS year? Let alone next year when Marino's deal kicks in and Blueger needs a new deal.

Reactions: Night Shift

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Every time someone does, you just hand waive it away.

Never saw one thing proving any of those above points incorrect. So keep your delusional opinions. Put the facts to back it up or go away.
Read Emps post above

Just went back several posts. Who the hell are you talking about and what page is it on? How about just looking at my post your quoted as wrong and actually say what point is wrong and why?

Are you somehow arguing that our 4 teams of the Crosby era didn't add players for the playoff push? Hossa amd Dupuis deal didn't happen in 2008? Guerin and others weren't added in 2009? Hagelin wasn't added for 2016 Cup run? Hainsey wasn't added for 2017 Cup run? Do you have an issue with those points and side with him that Cup contenders don't add?

Or do you think Poulin and a 2nd isn't equal to what we gave up for Zucker and Kapanen?

Or do you believe his point that we would lose much bigger piece in expansion if we added another top 6 forward? I feel we are already going to lose someone like McCann and if we exposed Zucker also because of the new addition would that make me upset? No, maybe for you it does? At least explain what you disagree with.

You go for the Cups when you have a chance and if adding a top 6 helps you do it and don't worry about losing Poulin and a 2nd or exposing a slightly better player for the expansion draft. This core only has a few good shots left. You go for it while you got them playing at a high level. We might never get a core like this again in our lifetime. We already have been blessed with the Mario/Jagr era and Crosby/Malkin era. Might go on a stretch like the Flyers and Leafs and not see a Cup for 40+ years. Go for it while you got it.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't be in favor of that proposed amount that you quoted, but I do think Hall's the type of player who will rebound with a better team when he doesn't have to be the best or second best player.

Hall with Sid would also allow us to move Jake down to Geno's line.

But just not at any huge sum of money or term.

Well he was the man in Jersey for a season.

Yeah if he's paid like a decent second line winger then sure. But the guy's career production is pretty inconsistent overall. I think it's just as likely that he falls off entirely as he is to rebound. Or maybe .5 ppg is what he is now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Well he was the man in Jersey for a season.

Yeah if he's paid like a decent second line winger then sure. But the guy's career production is pretty inconsistent overall. I think it's just as likely that he falls off entirely as he is to rebound. Or maybe .5 ppg is what he is now.

Hall's biggest issue is staying healthy. Which probably makes him a bad fit for the Pens since we already have too many guys getting hurt all the time.

Aside from this year in Buffalo, his "lows" are still pretty good production. Even in his worst seasons he still produces 0.72 to 0.80 points per game, or roughly 60 to 66 points over 82 games.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
So essentially all of our picks & top prospects are off the table. Burk and Hex want to keep all our D depth. There is nothing left to trade at that point. Sounds like our trade deadline is going to be just getting everyone healthy. "Right price" probably means nothing will happen unless its something like Sceviour for
Sheahan.

Pettersson for Oleksiak,2nd makes too much sense. Great partner for Marino and we can use that 2nd for upgrading the top six.

Reactions: Night Shift

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Hall's biggest issue is staying healthy. Which probably makes him a bad fit for the Pens since we already have too many guys getting hurt all the time.

Aside from this year in Buffalo, his "lows" are still pretty good production. Even in his worst seasons he still produces 0.72 to 0.80 points per game, or roughly 60 to 66 points over 82 games.

His biggest issue is that he sucks ass right now and that's scary. 2 goals in 35 games, like what is that. I think I'd rather have Bobby Ryan for a million.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
His biggest issue is that he sucks ass right now and that's scary. 2 goals in 35 games, like what is that. I think I'd rather have Bobby Ryan for a million.

His poor season is the reason he's likely available for such a relatively cheap price, though. If he was producing like he normally does, he's probably going to cost way more than the Pens can afford. With his slump, his price tag is probably something the Pens can manage.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Since you've blocked @Empoleon8771, how about this one...

How do you trade a pick and prospect for a top 6 winger and fit it under the cap THIS year? Let alone next year when Marino's deal kicks in and Blueger needs a new deal.

Pretty much answered both in past posts. If you need to trade or taxi squad Pettersson and play POJ that is an option. I am sure many options are available to get a top 6 in and find cap space. As far as the off-season you see who is picked in expansion and adjust from that point.

One thing we could do right before any trade is put one defenseman like Riikola on the taxi squad instead of having 8 defenseman up against the cap. That adds $1.2 million and you can always taxi squad Sceviour also to save cap space. A good GM could find a way to add a Kapanen type forward and contract on this team for this year's playoff run.

I don't think it is some crazy thing to want to add for this group to go for it. Amazing we have such resistance from some. Actually I am not surprised and is why I do have some people blocked.

How's all those Ceci haters looking lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad