Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I feel for Saint John goaltenders.
Every low light video is just goal after goal against.
D'Orio stopped 49 in a 5-2 loss tonight.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I feel for Saint John goaltenders.
Every low light video is just goal after goal against.
D'Orio stopped 49 in a 5-2 loss tonight.

That trade can't come fast enough.

On the plus side, this has to be the most death or glory prospect development in future. Either he gets more practice and builds more mental resiliency than any goaltender in history... or he is broken forever.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They saw how we've been playing the last month and just assumed we'd take him with our lotto pick because we only draft prospects who play for teams that we already have prospects on.

Does Portland have any defensemen who absolutely suck defensively and whose game needs to be completely broken down and built back up? They'd make a great 1st pick this year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Five points (1+4) in the past two games for Drozg.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
How can I watch online without, paying! :D

Can't really.
Best way to follow along is either 1) go to the league websites and they have game highlights or 2) see if the team has a yt channel that they keep up do date(like the Saint John SeaDogs as an example).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Can't really.
Best way to follow along is either 1) go to the league websites and they have game highlights or 2) see if the team has a yt channel that they keep up do date(like the Saint John SeaDogs as an example).

Hey bobby, you see a lot of the wbs games. is tb a better player than what we have in the burgh? if not what does he need to do, or any ideas why hes not moved up?

@FreeBobbyFarnham also, if you can tell us more about Lafferty, that'd be fantastic too. I only caught 4 games so far, so I haven't seen a lot. But I liked his hustle.

Last edited:

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Hey bobby, you see a lot of the wbs games. is tb a better player than what we have in the burgh? if not what does he need to do, or any ideas why hes not moved up?
It's hard to tell honestly. He's a very good AHL player, but so is Grant. Still, I do think he'd fit our system much better. He's faster than Grant and plays as good a two-way game, if not better. All he needs to do is keep producing until he gets an opportunity. If he gets that opportunity I believe he'd stick permanently.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Updating box stats - doing this month's first, then totals at the bottom. Spoiler alert - you will not need shades.

WHL

Jordy Bellerive (C, Lethbridge) GP9 G2 A6 P8 PIM10 -1
Justin Almeida (C, Moose Jaw) GP4 G1 A5 P6 PIM2 +1
Calen Addison (D, Lethbridge) GP9 G2 A7 P9 PIM10 0

Quiet month in the WHL, quieter for Bellerive as his goal scoring collapsed. He did score in the Russia showcase thing, in which all three players took part and Almeida was injured. Fine work by the other two though.

QMJHL

Jan Drozg (W, Shawinigan) GP9 G2 A9 P11 PIM10 0
Zachary Lauzon (D, Rouyn-Noranda) - GP0

Drozg turned playmaker this month it seems. Also, maybe his side doesn't totally suck any more. Lauzon is yet to play but his return is meant to be really soon.

D'Orio is not in monthly stats as I can't figure out how to do them. See below for updated totals.

SHL

Filip Hallander (W, Timra) GP7 G1 A1 P2 PIM2 -6

Big slowdown for Hallander

Liiga

Niclas Almari (D, HPK) GP5 Go A1 P1 PIM2 +3
Antti Palojarvi (D, Lukko) GP2 G0 A0 P0 PIM0 +0 (U20s - GP7 G1 A1 P2 PIM2 -8)

Eerie consistency from Almari, big slowdown for Palojarvi.

NCAA

Nikita Pavlychev (C, Penn) GP8 G5 A6 P11 PIM10 +2
Kasper Bjorkqvist (W, Providence) GP7 G5 A2 P7 PIM4 +1
Clayton Phillips (D, Minnesota) GP8 G1 A2 P3 PIM4 -4
William Reilly (D, RPI) GP3 G1 A2 P3 PIM0 +1
Ryan Jones (D, Nebraska) GP6 G0 A2 P2 PIM2 -2

Really exciting month for Pavlychev.

Elsewhere, Bjorkqvist heated up with a lot of goals. More eerie consistency from Jones, although with far better results for his team. Nice month for Reilly. Slowdown for Phillips but still acceptable.

USHS

Liam Gorman (C, St Sebastian's) GPo

Total

WHL

Jordy Bellerive (C, Lethbridge) GP24 G10 A17 P25 PIM24 +1
Justin Almeida (C, Moose Jaw) GP17 G4 A23 P27 PIM2 +2
Calen Addison (D, Lethbridge) GP24 G4 A21 P25 PIM30 -7

Almeida is tied 24nd for points and 9th for assists. Addison is 5th in dman scoring.

QMJHL

Jan Drozg (W, Shawinigan) GP24 G8 A22 P30 PIM16 -14
Zachary Lauzon (D, Rouyn-Noranda) - N/A

Alex D'Orio (G, Saint John) GP19 GAA 4.73, .879%

Drozg is tied 17th for points tied 6th for assists.

SHL

Filip Hallander (W, Timra) GP19 G3 A6 P9 PIM2 -4

Tied 68th for points in the SHL overall, Hallender is tied 3nd for points and 2nd for assists among players under 20, and tied 3rd for points on his team.

Liiga

Niclas Almari (D, HPK) GP10 Go A2 P2 PIM2 +1 (U20s - GP2 G0 A1 PIM2 +3)
Antti Palojarvi (D, Lukko) GP4 G0 A1 P1 PIM0 +0 (U20s - GP20 G4 A6 P10 PIM4 -3)

NCAA

Nikita Pavlychev (C, Penn) GP13 G7 A10 P17 PIM16 +5
Kasper Bjorkqvist (W, Providence) GP13 G7 A4 P11 PIM4 +6
Clayton Phillips (D, Minnesota) GP11 G1 A6 P7 PIM6 -1
William Reilly (D, RPI) GP8 G2 A4 P6 PIM2 0
Ryan Jones (D, Nebraska) GP12 G0 A4 P4 PIM12 -10

Paylychev is tied 8th for scoring in the NCAA. Bjorkqvist and Paylychev are tied 22nd (with a lot of other people) for goals. Phillips is tied 8th for points among U20 dmen. Jones is tied 9th for the worst +/-.

USHS

Liam Gorman (C, St Sebastian's) GPo

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
If I was just going off boxcars -which I don’t really like to do for prospects (especially non AHL ones)- I like Bjorkqvist, Pavlychev, Phillips, Hallander and Addison’s numbers the most. Those 3 NCAA guys are all giving us real solid production right now, even if I’ll never be sold on Pavlychev those are awesome numbers. 7 in 11 for Phillips from the backend as a 19 year old in the NCAA is legit.

Hallander’s slowdown isn’t worrying. Be great if he didn’t stop scoring, but no big deal. He’s young for his draft and playing in one of the best leagues in the world in a full time role. Any points are a bonus. I believe that even if he hovers at 0.5 ppg as a 18 year old it puts him in elite company for comparables. Anyone know if Timra is looking like they may stay up in the SHL standings wise? Probably the biggest factor in if he comes over next year.

It’s not anything insane considering last year, but Addison posting a PPG as a undersized dman in the dub is still real solid. Especially since the numbers are there despite reports of him not playing all that well. Sign of a natural point producer. We want a Ryan Ellis-like 100 point season next year from him though.

Reactions: rickardr

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
@FreeBobbyFarnham also, if you can tell us more about Lafferty, that'd be fantastic too. I only caught 4 games so far, so I haven't seen a lot. But I liked his hustle.
His strongest attribute is his playmaking ability. He's got a strong deceptive shot that many don't talk about. Dude can really snipe it sometimes. I actually think he should use it more instead of passing the puck as often as he does. Good size and speed. Also a solid defensive player, can PK. I could definitely see him in a top 9 role at the NHL level.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
@CheckingLineCenter - of course that slowdown isn't worrying, none of them are, but it would be cool if they wouldn't. Hopefully one of the Swedish posters will give us a more in depth opinion but from a casual look at the table, they're in trouble - and of course that's gotta be factored into Hallander's scoring.

I'd add that unless he's at the point where he's basically NHL ready, I'd rather leave him there even if he does drop a league. No point burning into ELC or unsettling him into he's ready to rock and roll. The AHL should be a brief stop, not a major part of his education.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What a great pick Lauzon's turning out to be.

A bit concerned at Bellerive's offensive totals this year. Typically, guys should absolutely blow it up in their final junior season. But at the same time, who knows how much his hand injury (burn) has to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine