Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder what kind of role Hallander will play with the U20 team. Probably play on a line with his Timra teammate Olofsson.

I think that since he's already signed, we aren't exactly overflowing with prospects, and we have full control of our AHL team, he should come to NA next season regardless of whether or not Timra gets relegated.

He'll probably be one of the youngest players in the A though so I wouldn't expect huge production.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Bjorkqvist will probably be up with Wilkes Barre full time next year right? If he's a point per game player in his Jr year in college, you have to think with his intangibles he'll be getting serious consideration for a bottom 6 role with the big boys sooner than later right?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Bjorkqvist will probably be up with Wilkes Barre full time next year right? If he's a point per game player in his Jr year in college, you have to think with his intangibles he'll be getting serious consideration for a bottom 6 role with the big boys sooner than later right?

I think the hope with him was always that he wouldn’t be a long term project.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Probably, if he’s OK with leaving school before graduating.

I’d sign him and Pavlychev.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

You probably couldn't create a prospect in a lab more likely to receive Sullivan love, so I'm gonna go with yes.

Provided Sullivan's still around.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I thought I read around when he was drafted that the Penguins thought Bjorkqvist would be pro ready very soon after being drafted, as in like 2 years after. Since he was drafted as an overager, I could see them wanting to sign him after this year, especially if he's productive.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

I think they’ll do the ‘40 games in WBS then call-up’ routine unless he dominates camp. Seems to be the standard. And no offense to Bjorkqvist, who seems like he can be a solid, versatile pro pretty soon here- but I’d be shocked if he dominated camp.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Canada’s WJC rosters come out in about an hour, Sweden’s on Wednesday.

My prediction is Hallander makes it, and Bellerive makes it as a 13F/4th liner and wears an “A”. No Addison or Almeida.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

My prediction is Hallander makes it, and Bellerive makes it as a 13F/4th liner and wears an “A”. No Addison or Almeida.

I hope so. Bellerive's production this year has been quite a bit lower than I expected, but his injuries must have been too much to totally overcome so soon after the fact. I'd be happy if he made it as a bubble player, but I'd understand if Canada left him home.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I hope so. Bellerive's production this year has been quite a bit lower than I expected, but his injuries must have been too much to totally overcome so soon after the fact. I'd be happy if he made it as a bubble player, but I'd understand if Canada left him home.

Same. I understand it’s not exactly likely but I’m basing that off the hope Canada is like every team and will want to include an older “leader” type who can play center and has some bang to his game for a 4th line role. Also Bellerive stepped up earlier this season in that Russia game and I think that matters.

I hope the production is from a slow offseason and his form is temporary, not a long term stunt in growth.

Shame Addison is f***ed by that loaded blueline. Most years I’d think he’s a 5/6D who runs the PP. But that same loaded d-class is the whole reason he was even available in round 2, so cant complain too much.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden

It would be highly surprising if the 2nd best scorer among juniors in the SHL doesn't make it to the WJC.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Addison got an invite, Bellerive did not.

Disappointing re: Bellerive, but to be expected with his numbers + Canada being extreeemely deep at forward this year. With a fully healthy offseason his production probably would be where you'd think it would.

No huge issue though. Hopefully as the season moves along he'll feel more comfortable, but considering it was looking like the entire season would be a write-off at one point, any modicum of success is gravy at this point IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad