Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He can return as an overager.

Which would be for the best I think. Muzzin played as an overager and he worked out (albeit not for us). JR really wanted Ryan Reaves bad.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Which would be for the best I think. Muzzin played as an overager and he worked out (albeit not for us). JR really wanted Ryan Reaves.
Yeah. Maybe he comes back soon and tears it up and his team goes on a playoff run to make up for the missed time. But otherwise I'd probably have him return.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
There's no rush, people need to relax with some of these prospects.
Wise words from a (well i don't know you but...) wise man?

Thing with young people is that they are often analysed out of context; age, team, ice time etc...

Take Drozg for ex., i somewhat follow him on radio, his team sucks ass, he seem to try too much (well, most of the time he actually has to i suppose since his team sucks ass).

At the end of the day who can tell what/where he'll be in a few years? Will he eventually battle against fellowman Kopitar? Doubtful but what's this prospect thread about if not hope of some kind?

Anyway, grateful for any kind of info about them/hockey future.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Gustavsson had another stellar performance yesterday but it resulted in another loss. Gus had 22 saves in a 2-1 loss.

His team's offense is really struggling right now. They've only scored more than 2 goals in a game once in their last 10 games. In total they've scored just 15 goals in the last 10 games.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Just glancing at his stats, he's crushed his production from last season.

Haven't followed him since the prospects tournament though. He just seemed to be a guy that was always in the right spot in that tourney.

Anyone actually watch him play? Read a few comments that he's exciting to watch, but I don't recall him dazzling me or anything of that nature in the prospects tournament,

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
His junior production is equal with Sprong's in his +1 draft season. Can't get too excited yet but dayum.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
His junior production is equal with Sprong's in his +1 draft season. Can't get too excited yet but dayum.

Sprong played four seasons of major jr and was 19 his last season.

Bellerive is only 18 and I believe this was just his third season of major jr.

It's really positive that he has produced so well, but we shall see what happens. He's still so young, and looks like he wouldn't even be eligible to play in the A next season.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The really nice thing about signing Bellerive is that he was almost definitely going to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft this year, so the Penguins basically got a free pick by signing him early. The flexibility it gives the Penguins with being able to trade picks for rentals is really nice, you can trade a 2nd for Hainsey every deadline if you're signing guys like ZAR and Bellerive every year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder why he wasn’t drafted. He’s smallish but he’s not a midget, and he plays bigger than he is. Some major-junior kids taken in the later rounds had half the production he did. And he was a 2nd overall pick in the WHL draft, so he’s been on the radar somewhat for a while.

Reactions: Peat

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Probably performing 2nd best out of our forward prospects after Sprong. He's 8th in goal scoring in the WHL, and all but one of the players ahead of him are 20 years old.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
And his team is garbage.
Yeah. They had Estephan who scored at a good pace, but he got traded.

Now its Bellerive at 72 points, then nothing.
Hes 23 points ahead of number two and 33 points ahead of number 3 on his team.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Sam Miletic has a 27-46-73 line in 47 games this year. He has 11 goals in 12 games since being traded from London to Niagara.

Reactions: Kip Drordy

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Sam Miletic has a 27-46-73 line in 47 games this year. He has 11 goals in 12 games since being traded from London to Niagara.

Along with Bellerive, looking like another solid signing
We desperately need these signings with all the picks this franchises trades year after year
JR and staff doing some great work in the last couple of years signing these UFA

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I liked what little I saw of him in the prospects tournament. Big body that could skate and had some nice hands.

Didn't dazzle or anything, but he stood out in a good way.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I wonder why he wasn’t drafted. He’s smallish but he’s not a midget, and he plays bigger than he is. Some major-junior kids taken in the later rounds had half the production he did. And he was a 2nd overall pick in the WHL draft, so he’s been on the radar somewhat for a while.

He's actually the good small. Stocky guy very strong on his skates from what I have seen of him. Those type of guys give dmen nightmares.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
In case anyone was wondering about D'Orio, Saint John sold at Christmas (with a poor team before that), has injuries to most of their vet FW, and is playing 10/8 most games while giving plenty of icetime to younger players.

The results are that he faces 30+ shots every night with 50 not being uncommon and has to steal every win he gets. He has the worst GAA of all Q goalies while arguably being one of the top 5 goalies in the league this year.

Reactions: StaalForOne

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I hope they don't suck next year, but I don't see a lot of young talent on the team.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I hope they don't suck next year, but I don't see a lot of young talent on the team.

It won't likely matter. It's common to see guys like D'Orio traded either before their 19 year-old season (in June) or at Christmas time of their 19 year-old season.

It's the same scenario for Cedric Pare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad