Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Seems like he has a very lethal shot - when he gets the time and space. I think most NHL players have that skill, to an extent. The question will be, can he continue to develop that when you're in the NHL with less time and less space? That's why I would have been so adamant about the Pens asking for the AHL exemption. Not sure what a 5th year in the WHL is really going to do for him but we'll see.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
So did Carter Rowney …… @Randy Butternubs

So. f***ing. Rugged.

a5mocrq-2-png.559860

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Nice 24 minute highlight video of Yager from the 23-24 season if anyone is interested. All other highlight videos I've seen so far this season are just hat trick snapshots from the WHL, etc...

That drag and release at 2:35 :naughty:

Very first shot is exactly the thing we're missing on the PP. Sid and Geno have refused to go for or take that shot since Kessel left.

EDIT in fact there's like 20 of them. Big step towards the slot, skate to the defender and shoot. Bang.

Reactions: Andy99

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Very first shot is exactly the thing we're missing on the PP. Sid and Geno have refused to go for or take that shot since Kessel left.

EDIT in fact there's like 20 of them. Big step towards the slot, skate to the defender and shoot. Bang.
Is the willingness (or the opportunity granted) gonna be there do that as a rookie in an actual NHL game with those players on the PP? Possible big difference

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Nice 24 minute highlight video of Yager from the 23-24 season if anyone is interested. All other highlight videos I've seen so far this season are just hat trick snapshots from the WHL, etc...

That drag and release at 2:35 :naughty:

highlights are bad way to evaluate but would love for yager to generate more points from below the net/playing in traffic/paint

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Yager made a play at the Mem Cup that really got my attention. It was on a power play. He was on the right side of the ice and he looked primed to shoot, but at the last second he threw the puck over to the left side and Firkus one-timed it for an easy PPG.

That play reminded me of what Jack Eichel does a lot. Yager is known more for his shooting than his playmaking, but he showed me something with that play.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
He was on the right side of the ice and he looked primed to shoot, but at the last second he threw the puck over to the left side and Firkus one-timed it for an easy PPG.
That would require Sullivan/Quinn to actually put another RH shot on the left side of the PP. One of the many things that drove me nuts about the PP, they hardly ever had 2 righties out there (Karlsson up top but he always seemed to be more on the right point) so the opponent almost never had to respect a one timer from the left, essentially cutting the ice in half to defend.

But if Yager already has a knack for passing up shots to make a cute play, thats one less thing our leaders will have to teach him :sarcasm:. Kidding aside, one thing I didnt realize when Kessel got here was how sneaky good he was at distributing the puck. Would be nice if Yager can have that same deception at the next level.

Reactions: Jag68Sid87

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder if Morozov's son is any good. Draft eligible next season, 2007 born. Nikita Morozov, would be fun to see him drafted. Only for Sullivan to give him the same 4th line treatment his dad got decades before lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad