Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
That's great to hear, it's exactly what we need in the next 2-3 years to speed things up down the road, a 7th rounder piercing the lineup would be amazing.

Stiga had a solid u18 tournament back in May, let's hope we don't regret passing on him twice and that Brunicke and Howe develop well.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

"Team USA White Lines vs. Sweden
Quentin Musty (SJS) – Carey Terrance (ANA) – Beckett Hendrickson (BOS)
Cole Eiserman (NYI) – LJ Mooney (2025) – Jayson Shaugabay (TBL)
Austin Burnevik (ANA) – Jake Fisher (COL) – Tanner Adams
Teddy Stiga (NSH) – Mac Swanson (PIT) – James Reeder (LAK)

Cole Hutson (MTL) – Aram Minnetian (DAL)
Zach Schulz (NYI) – Gavin McCarthy (BUF)
Colin Ralph (STL) – EJ Emery (NYR)
Matt Mania (LAK)

Carsen Musser (UTA)
Nick Kempf (WSH)

Power Play Units for USA White:​

1. Hutson, Eiserman, Musty, Swanson, Reeder"

"Mac Swanson, C (PIT)
Swanson has shown well in this camp. He’s seeing the ice well and has handled the pace of play especially well. His lack of physical stature hasn’t seemed to hold him back here and he’s being aggressive in hard areas of the ice. He’s probably a long shot to make this team given the quality they have at center, but I do think he’s proven he belongs with this group."

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
The roster for the Penguins prospects games in Buffalo was released, and 13 out of the 14 forwards are six feet or under in height.
1722383056712.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
The roster for the Penguins prospects games in Buffalo were released, and 13 out of the 14 forwards are six feet or under in height.
View attachment 898197
I mean it’s the same thing with the skating. If these guys had size they would have been harder to acquire.

They have to look for guys with flaws and hope they succeed in spite or because of them.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Reactions: wheelz87

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

"#7 Mac Swanson, C (Pittsburgh Penguins): When you’re small and invisible, that doesn’t help your stock as a prospect. And yesterday, I felt like Swanson didn’t do a whole lot. I don’t know who talked to him overnight because it felt like watching a whole different player today. Maybe it was the connection with Stiga, who had boundless energy, but Swanson was flying out there and had a few good chances in the slot. He didn’t score, but he had a much better performance on Day 2."

"#6 Kalle Kangas, D (Pittsburgh Penguins): Kangas had a pair of assists to help spark the Finnish comeback effort. It didn’t pay off today, but Kangas had a good first game yesterday, too – he’s seeing the ice really well. He also had a couple of nice blocks on the penalty kill, too. It’s not a bad start to the week for the seventh-round pick in Plymouth."

I can't seem to find the Day 1 report but it's early and I need coffee.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I can't seem to find the Day 1 report but it's early and I need coffee.
Here's Day 1:

Also, here's Day 3:

"#6 Kalle Kangas, D (Pittsburgh Penguins): Kangas again had a pair of assists for the Finns. He was also involved in some physical play and scrums, one specifically near the end of the second period which found him in the box for roughing. Kangas now has four points and is off to a good start at the showcase, which is huge."

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Watching the memorial cup, Yager was noticably involved defensively, unlike the rest of his teammates. He's definitely on the McCann side rather than the Sprong side.
Best thing he could possibly do at this stage right now. Everybody knows he’s got skill and can score, so show off that two-way game a bit more consistently and he’ll make the NHL sooner than we think.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

on top of write up for Pieniniemi… Also notes Howe was injured in team Canada and therefore didn’t get into games. Not sure of his status for camp/prospect tourney/season.
Howe's officially a Pittsburgh Penguin now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad