Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
The Pens have invited Ryan St. Louis, son of Martin, to their development camp.
Yep just saw that too.
Per New England-based hockey writer Mark Divver, the Penguins are inviting Brown University forward Ryan St. Louis to development camp this summer.

St. Louis, 20, is the son of former NHL player and current Canadiens head coach Martin St. Louis. He's a left-handed winger and listed at 5 foot 10, 170 pounds. He was a freshman at Northeastern in 2021-22 and only had a goal and an assist in 38 games, then went back to the USHL for a year in Dubuque and put up 30 goals and 42 assists in 58 games in 2022-23. He gave the college game another shot this season with Brown and led his team in goals (13) and points (24) in 30 games.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yep just saw that too.
Per New England-based hockey writer Mark Divver, the Penguins are inviting Brown University forward Ryan St. Louis to development camp this summer.

St. Louis, 20, is the son of former NHL player and current Canadiens head coach Martin St. Louis. He's a left-handed winger and listed at 5 foot 10, 170 pounds. He was a freshman at Northeastern in 2021-22 and only had a goal and an assist in 38 games, then went back to the USHL for a year in Dubuque and put up 30 goals and 42 assists in 58 games in 2022-23. He gave the college game another shot this season with Brown and led his team in goals (13) and points (24) in 30 games.
That's a bizarre trajectory

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yep just saw that too.

Wow he must tower over his dad, physically speaking. Of course to everyone else, he’s average sized.

• Haha
Reactions: Rudy Russo

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
Yager is on NHL Network tonight at 8pm.
Be a good chance for everyone on here who have such unsubstantiated strong opinions on his game (good and bad) to actually see him play hockey !

I can’t remember the last prospect we had in the Mem cup… Jarry?

Edit: Nope, Raivis Ansons in 2022, apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
There’s some kinda tape delay because it’s only 0-4 on NHL network.

I’m only half watching and I’ve seen him plenty this season but in my opinion Yager needs a more conspicuous jersey number or tape job. Give him #92 and white tape from mid-to-toe.

Reactions: The Old Master

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Heh.. Mr. Sportsmanlike with a hit to the numbers that led to his 2nd goal.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What have you been noticing?
Beyond that he's largely been invisible, so not much. He's not quick to lose pucks and there's been several occasions his positioning left a lot to be desired. Now they've been off for like a week but they better bring it next game.

No, I just don't like being disappointed, kinda reached that quota back in the rangers series. Don't mind if they fail, but show me SOMETHING!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Beyond that he's largely been invisible, so not much. He's not quick to lose pucks and there's been several occasions his positioning left a lot to be desired. Now they've been off for like a week but they better bring it next game.

No, I just don't like being disappointed, kinda reached that quota back in the rangers series. Don't mind if they fail, but show me SOMETHING!

Should’ve trusted me, old man.

I’ll never let you down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad