Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I somehow missed this but Elite Prospects ranked the top 15 Penguins prospects. This was before the Yager for McGroarty trade. McGroarty on their other "top 100 skaters" list was ranked above Pickering and Yager. No clue if they'd rank him above Blomqvist.

1. Blomqvist
2. Pickering
3. Brunicke
4. Yager
5. Ponomaryov
6. Koivunen
7. Howe
8. Broz
9. Ilyin
10. Murashov
11. Poulin
12. Lucius
13. Pieniniemi
14. Swanson
15. St. Ivany

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope those who are watching the Prospect Challenge today, please post about what you’re seeing…for those of us who can’t watch..don’t think I’ll be able to watch any game except maybe Monday…thanks

Reactions: The Old Master

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Are they streaming the game this afternoon?

Edit : Bruins are streaming it on their site

1726243805753.jpeg

Isaac Belliveau gets beat wide and starts flailing around and takes a bad tripping penalty.

Bruins score on the PP 1-0

2-0 Bruins, scored on a counter attack.

2-1 Bruins. Pens got a PP and a nice tap in. Avery Hayes. McGroarty and Broz with the assists.
PP1 was Pickering, Rutger, Koivunen, Hayes, Broz

3-1 Bruins - I looked away to type the above message and somebody scored. Gauthier in net by the way

Last edited:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Bruins scored on us on a PP right when I tuned but went back to start-

First shift- McG skating looks WAY better. Not being hyperbolic. Maybe it’s the Bs prospects are slow, so don’t kill me if he looks slow in training camp. But way more pop

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Haven’t gotten to the 3rd Bs goal but Pickering had zero fault in their 2nd marker. that one falls solely on whoever 50 is

Edit: Pickering kinda got beat on the 3rd but Gauthier could have played it much better

Last edited:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I saw some pre draft reports having him as a fast riser and potentially late 1st.
Yeah EP was very high on him and HockeyProspect liked him too

Just checked my copy, HP had him 38th and a B grade. They only had 44 guys with B grades or better.

Don’t have EP but believe he was in their 20s

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Broz is seemingly developing into a potentially interesting player from his second half of this past season on, huh?

I really liked the idea of that pick at the time so cool to see.

EDIT: I know many aren't huge Burke fans but I have to wonder how much impact him going to Broz a couple years ago and kinda sitting him down and taking interest and talking to him about his future helped him out.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Broz is a guy I'm really interested in seeing, I think he's been a bit under the radar as a Penguins prospect due to his bad first college season but he has been intriguing from what I've read about him since.

Really curious to see how he does in the AHL, especially if he can handle what it takes to stick at center in the pros.

Broz is seemingly developing into a potentially interesting player from his second half of this past season on, huh?

I really liked the idea of that pick at the time so cool to see.

Lol we literally posted the same thing at the same time :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Clips of the goals so far:

Twitter calling Broz's shot a "piss missile" seems pretty fair, really nice 1-timer by him.

Here was that shift with Broz and Koivunen just cycling around the offensive zone and dominating possession:

That feed from Broz to hit Koivunen in the slot was sick. If that duo sticks in WBS, it should be a lot of fun to watch. A ton of skill between those two guys.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

McGroarty's goal. Dude just knows exactly where to be on the ice.

I don't want to get overhyped with him, but this feels like "Guentzel if Guentzel was much bigger" with him. Very smart player with a quick release, great shot and some nice hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad